Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joy Donkey, The Ultimate Musical Experience!

User Info Menu

Default Joy Donkey, The Ultimate Musical Experience!

Ok, Here is our lineup:

Roaddebris on guitar (insert screaming guitar solo here), Me on the bass (insert mind blowing slap-bass groove here), BongoBro on percussion (insert super funky finger rolling solo here), and Drummer on , well, the drums (insert the sound of someone knocking the drum kit off the back of the drum riser here! hehe).

I think we are supposed to have $5000 to start with, but after the $5 tip I gave Chiko and other band expenses, I think we are approx. 3 million in the hole, so, we need a gig. Granted, everyone already knows it's going to be sold out, so whoever has a large arena (or at least a decent sized outhouse) can make some serious cash if they book us for a gig.

Any takers.....
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Joy Donkey?!! You couldn't find a better name than that?!! LOL

DrumBum1, you're a riot!

User Info Menu

Ok, let's start off with a warm up at The House Of Blues and then bop over to the Coliseum for a three show engagement. That'll get the ball rolling.

Play List- the four of us should conduct individual polls to come up with personal song list. Take the top 5 songs and throw them in the hat. That will give us 20 to pick the final five from.

I'm gonna go ahead and get my poll started here pretty quick. Let's give the voting a week to take place.

Oh yeah, let's keep all this stuff in "Off Topic" so we can find it easily.

User Info Menu

One more thing, can we all agree that we are not having a mosh pit? I think they are totally retarded!

User Info Menu

Also, you guys think we can write off band bikes? For taxes, I mean. We can stop by Arlen Ness and pick up four new rock star appropriate choppers when the tour swings through Nor Cal. It's stricly a need, not a want.

User Info Menu

I don't see any reason why not as long as we ride them onto the stage at the start of each show. Then we could right them off as business expenses!

No mosh pits is cool as long as we have bungee jumping from the corners of the light rigs! (oh crap, I forgot about that stuff. With the bikes, the lights, drummers new kit, and Bongobros new custom made, signature series percussion setup, I think we're about 6 million in the hole. That's ok, cuz' we can write it all off. I sure hope we never get audited!)
    Last edited by 1DrumBum; 12-07-2006 at 11:08 AM.
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Wait 'til you see the new semi we're getting to haul our gear. Which reminds me, we need a cool logo for the side of the trailer. Maybe we can commission Chiko to do the art work? What's his rate anyway?

Oh, and I definately want to tag along with drummer when he goes up to DW to oder his custom kit. Whadaya think, is a twenty piece in keeping with our image?

User Info Menu

Twenty piece is just about right (plus about 40 cymbals). I still have'nt gotten any feedback on how we are supposed to book shows.

I guess when people hear the sound of our hogs rumbling into town, they'll drop everything and come running to watch the circus...err... I mean, show!
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    Twenty piece is just about right (plus about 40 cymbals). I still have'nt gotten any feedback on how we are supposed to book shows.

I guess when people hear the sound of our hogs rumbling into town, they'll drop everything and come running to watch the circus...err... I mean, show!
    Yeah, and I'm planning on stealing Ace Freely's old smoke bomb in the pick-up cavity thing. That'll look cool.

User Info Menu

BLACK SUNN RULES

lol
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Well, I'm thinking any minute drummer is going to read all this stuff and say "no way!" to going anywhere a stage with me.

User Info Menu

Cool Joy Donkey, the Ultimate Music Experience!

Hey dudes, you forgot--Mrs. b-bro is an accountant, but I don't think she'd justify four chopper Harleys as a legitimate business expense. The IRS would be on us faster than groupies at the House of Blues!

The tractor-trailer can be amortized, and even my custom congas could be depreciated...as could the replacements for the drumkits that could be trashed with a misguided smoke bomb...

Liability insurance for the bungee jumpers could pose a problem...and I agree, no mosh pit! I don't want some Johnny Knoxville guy takin' out my congas and me, roaddebris and 1db with one misaimed crash landing!

BTW, if Snoop Dogg can get buddy-buddy with Lee Icazizzle--oops, sorry, Lee Iacocca, surely we can get sponsorship from one of the car companies--picture the Donkeys standin' next to four Corvette ZO6's or Shelby Mustangs (I'll take the bright-blue Z06 roadster with a 6-speed stick, BTW)...

Sweet, bro's!!!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    ...picture the Donkeys standin' next to four Corvette ZO6's or Shelby Mustangs (I'll take the bright-blue Z06 roadster with a 6-speed stick, BTW)...

Sweet, bro's!!!
    Finally, someone who understands. I can die happy now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    Wait 'til you see the new semi we're getting to haul our gear. Which reminds me, we need a cool logo for the side of the trailer.

Dudes....I drive a truck for a living. Sign me up as Head of Transportation/ Lead Drum Technician.

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Joy Donkey, The Ultimate Musical Experience!

Hey, dudes, what about BigTallG's offer? Besides, if he's the kinda dude I gather he is from his sig ("don't mess with the drummer"), he could also be in charge of security...we don't need a Guns 'n' Roses-style fiasco like they had in St. Louis a few years back!

We kick ***, but only on the stage, right, bro's--and we don't need to get ours kicked for doin' somethin' stupid, right?

Besides, we can do an Allman Brothers dual (or triple) drummer gig with BTG...
    what say we add him to our crew?

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Hey, dudes, what about BigTallG's offer? Besides, if he's the kinda dude I gather he is from his sig ("don't mess with the drummer"), he could also be in charge of security...we don't need a Guns 'n' Roses-style fiasco like they had in St. Louis a few years back!

'Bro.....I am 6'8", 285 pounds, and I used to bounce....security is right up my alley, brother!

So I guess my official position would be Head of Transportation/Lead Drum Tech/Professional A** Kicker, and Part-Time Accompanying Drummer?

User Info Menu

Dude, you're so hired!

Hey, guys. If we get short on cash we can hire BTG out as a bare knuckes fighter at the local watering hole.

User Info Menu

Sign me up, lol

User Info Menu

BTW, if Snoop Dogg can get buddy-buddy with Lee Icazizzle--oops, sorry, Lee Iacocca
    BB, that's one of the funniest things I've read in quite a while.

BigTallG, your 6'8" / 285?!?! Man, no wonder you like DW so much. Those things can take the pounding a lot of other kits can't handle. We have been needing someone who can reach the volume knob at the top of RDs' wall of amps so our ears will quit bleeding! (it's ok, RD.....we'll turn them back up for the gig! ) Your on, dude!
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

We have been needing someone who can reach the volume knob at the top of RDs' wall of amps so our ears will quit bleeding!
    Dont be a hater, DrumBum.

User Info Menu

LOL! Now how could I possibly be hatin' on the greatest guitarist in the greatest band in the world! Sorry RD, I think the smell of all the burnt rubber is sending me for a loop.

I'm curious as to whether or not everybody has given up on the drumchat band thing. As soon as we announced the forming of the supergroup of the century, everybody else kind of gave up, it seems like. So far there are only 2 bands, no agents, and no venues. When you guys said we scared them off, I think we really did! YEAH!!!
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Does this mean I don't get a Corvette?

User Info Menu

Cool Joy Donkey, The Ultimate Music Experience

I'm curious as to whether or not everybody has given up on the drumchat band thing. As soon as we announced the forming of the supergroup of the century, everybody else kind of gave up, it seems like. So far there are only 2 bands, no agents, and no venues. When you guys said we scared them off, I think we really did! YEAH!!!
    I think we did everyone in when we added BTG as resident head of transportation/lead drum tech/full-time a** kicker/and accompanying drummer.

BTW, BTG, no part-time on that last one--any dude who can trash that many sticks that quickly--he deserves more than just an occasional appearance. Besides, we could even do a few tunes where 1DB plays a steady riff on the set while you and I do some serious hand drumming (actually, 1DB and I are hand drummers and set players so we can rotate this out pretty evenly!)

RD, even though they're hurtin' on selling cars, I'm sure GM will make sure there'll be plenty of Corvettes to go around for the five of us...we're still around and we're still kickin' serious a** this year, bro's! (Actually we never stopped kickin' a**!)

Now--who in DC is cagey enough and crafty enough to cut us the only remaining thing we need--gigs????

Charlie

User Info Menu

You can have as many as you want man! I think we're going to have to sign a deal with Firestone or somebody so we can get 5 new sets of treads delivered to us every other day. (Who needs fog machines? I got a 400+ horsepower smoke machine right here!)
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

HAHA....this is kinda funny, but I actually had to do a little "security" myself at a few gigs in the last band I was in because bouncers at clubs were too busy trying to pick up chicks, lol......this one fool, I'll never forget....the dude jumps up on the stage, drunk as all hell, almost knocked over my lead guitarist (who was a lillte guy), then damn near fell full-on into my kit (my DWs)....I stopped playing, got up, and, with both sticks in my left hand, grabbed this fool by the scruff of his neck and dragged him over to the edge of the stage and tossed him onto the floor....the bouncer came over, looked at me, and said, "Well....I guess you have everything under control" and walked away!!!

LOL