Thread: looking for a drum instructor to teach at a brooklyn school for a seasoned drumline

User Info Menu

Default looking for a drum instructor to teach at a brooklyn school for a seasoned drumline

Looking for a percussion instructor to teach for the Soul Tigers Marching Band. Does anyone know of any good instructors show band or Traditional.

User Info Menu

Default Re: looking for a drum instructor to teach at a brooklyn school for a seasoned druml

Welcome!!! I'm not sure you'll get anyone on here though!

User Info Menu

Default Re: looking for a drum instructor to teach at a brooklyn school for a seasoned druml

Check with PAS ...Percussive Arts Society. You might find some leads there. Also, look into DC...Drum Corps International...again, another great source. I was a member of both when I was teaching high school music and drum corps. Hope this helps.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Actually I do know someone who might be interested, he lives in the Rochester area and is currently retired from his day job. He has instructed numerous drum corps and local HS drum lines, and is in the Drum Corp hall of fame. Drop me an E-mail with your contact information and I'll tell you how to contact him. Here is a clip of a recent competition solo he did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7b9zKZlRbw.
    Last edited by Church Drummer; 01-06-2009 at 10:16 PM.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.