Thread: a question

User Info Menu

Default a question

Hey guys im new here if you dident already know i am a left hand drummer and i dont want to i want to be a right hand drummer so can you help me

User Info Menu

you could set ur set up reversed like hat and snare on the right floor tom left hi tom upper right and mid tom upper left hope i told u that right im a righty
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

i dontknow if you could switch what hand you use but mojos idea works, my friend is left handed and when we were at my house playin i needed to reset up my set for a left handed person and it worked fine for him, sure was a b*tch putting it back my way though
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

Question A question

Hey, buck! Welcome aboard!

On a right-hand set, your side toms need to go from left to right (smallest to largest)--just the opposite of the way you've probably played them...and the floor toms go to the right.

The trouble is, however, you're going to unlearn all your left-hand moves to accommodate the switch, and it's gonna be tough to break old habits. Be ready for mucho right-hand practice!

I have played a lefty set-up, so I know it's just as tricky the other way around...good luck!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I say play whichever way you are more comfortable with....lefty, righty, it really doesnt matter....there isnt any real advantage to playing either way....perhaps the only advantage I could foresee would be that most drummers are right-handed, so you would be able to play other people's kits. Phil Collins, Rod Morgenstein, Ian Paice......lefties, and all great drummers.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

jarhead Guest

why do you want to be a righty?...you would probably be better off sticking with being a lefty....nothing wrong with that...just sayin it would be hard to switch