Thread: Cymbal Polish

User Info Menu

Default Cymbal Polish

I know someone posted a thread about Drum Polish, but I'm after a good quality cymbal polish. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions....
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Cymbal Polish

Any from the cymbal man. are good if you want to polish them

User Info Menu

Buckaroo -Les

User Info Menu

Paiste Cymbal polish has always been good for me and my cymbals...Istanbul hand made Turkish cymbal, Avedjis Zildjian and K Zildjian.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

I am going to try the groove juice though Paiste offers a fine product. I just want to see if the juice is as fast as they say it is.

User Info Menu

I was talking to this guy at a drum store and he told me about a product I think called bartenders friend? Also he said car polish. Anyone ever try this?

User Info Menu

Barkeepers friend is a cleanser type product (think comet cleanser) that works well on stainless steel. you can purchase it at most Grocery stores. I have used it on my old Zildjian ride that is unpolished, but would never use it on my A Customs. It works OK but not out standing. It is somewhat abrasive so it isn't screen print label friendly. If you want to keep your labels this in not the product for you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    Barkeepers friend is a cleanser type product (think comet cleanser) that works well on stainless steel. you can purchase it at most Grocery stores. I have used it on my old Zildjian ride that is unpolished, but would never use it on my A Customs. It works OK but not out standing. It is somewhat abrasive so it isn't screen print label friendly. If you want to keep your labels this in not the product for you.
    Ya I want to keep my labels what should I use?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KISSFan300 View Post
    Ya I want to keep my labels what should I use?
    What type cymbals do you have?

User Info Menu

I had some Trick Metal and Cymbal polish I got to clean up the chrome on my old Tama's. Did a great job on the chrome (with Goo Gone for old duct tape residue), but more importantly I started using it on my old Z's my son uses. A set of 13" New Beat Hats and a 20" Mini Cup Ride, both 20+ year old Z's.

The polish works really well, but what I didn't realize is how totally coated with tarnish they were. I chalked up their color difference to age, but once I started polishing, wow!!!! It's probably going to take about 20 rags, and 4 or 5 cleanings to get them really shining. The amount of tarnish one them was disgusting.

So chalk one up for Drum Chat, because I'm finally into cleaning my drums and cymbals. Unfortunately cleaning my drums made me realize how beat up the finish is on the drums!!!
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

I just used Groove Juice and it's awesome, you do need to follow the directions but what a shine. Zildjian ZBT4 Hats, China, Crash and Ride. Paiste PST5 Rock Ride, Sabina AAX Crash and Splash.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    YES!!! It wreaks havoc on the colored labels!!!!!! But, it cleans up a quality cymbal in no time at all, with no harm that I've ever seen. Brasso is another good product {sort of a liquid mildacid based cleanser that you let sit and then wipe off}, and I've also used car polish {not wax}.

I prefer Bon-Ami, if you can still find it, but I've used BK Friend with always good results.
    Currently electronics, with some "real" cymbals and a few accesories.