Page 101 of 124 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3085

Thread: Mapex Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    Bridie just ordered a new Mars kit.
    Hi, yes I did, and I will be on here from now on.
    The birch shells to me make them sounds punchy, which is right up my street
    I haven't got them yet, but the ones I test drove were really loud. also perfect for my drumming style!
    I will play about with heads after I see what the stock ones are like, especially for gigging. I am not always miked up so I have to cut through the guitars, I am tempted to get pinstripes.
    so, mid March I will have more to tell you all.
    Bridie

User Info Menu

Sweet, I been looking at buying a 24" BD and I am finding these brand new Mars birch 24" BD's for only $300. Let me know what you think of it when you get it.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Well I was looking for a second kit for my practice kit so I wouldnt have to transport my saturn so much. was looking at an old mars kit. Well I found somthing else. I bought a 90's mapex orion for $450 at guitar center. Unfortunately I will have to wait till it ships before I can have pics.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Very nice!

User Info Menu

Looks good. I had to stand on my head to see it, but looks good!

Tex

User Info Menu

Just a question to you players with the newer mid-level Mapex kits - like the Mars series etc. I have a set of Maple Meridians, and I am wondering how the sound compares to the newer kits that have replaced the Meridian line. It appears Mapex has changed their shell formula somewhat (they seem to change their drum lines quite frequently!).

User Info Menu

The Mars series replaced the Meridian Birch and stays with 100% birch shells. The Armory (birch/maple/birch) series replaced the Meridian Maple - I've never hear the Armory in person though so I can't really comment on the sound compared to the Meridian Maple.

From the vids posted on Youtube both sound good, but I have not heard them in person.

I like the fact that the Mars series is available in a variety of shell packs only as well as complete kits and add on 8 and 10 toms complete with mounting hardware are being sold pretty cheap.

Over here it seems all the Armory series kits sellers stock here are the 20" deep kick versions with shallow toms - although they sound good (sound files!) I just can't get my head around the way they look. There are regular sized 18" deep x 22 kick sets with standard depth (FAST?) toms but they are all special order only (3 months waiting).

User Info Menu

Thanks CrispyCritters for the info on the Mars / Armoury series. Think I will hang onto my Meridians - lots of folks seem to agree that they are an exceptionally good sounding maple kit - especially for the price.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    Thanks CrispyCritters for the info on the Mars / Armoury series. Think I will hang onto my Meridians - lots of folks seem to agree that they are an exceptionally good sounding maple kit - especially for the price.
    Meridian maple is a great drum line, especially at the price point. I'm on the hunt for some myself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by piratemonkey124 View Post
    Wow...what a great deal!!

User Info Menu

It shows up today. I can't wait. All my drummer friends are jealous lol. And my drum teacher is finally off of touring, so I get to work with him today as well.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Meridian maple is a great drum line, especially at the price point. I'm on the hunt for some myself.
    They are great.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Now I'm leaning towards an Armory Studioease 6 piece. For $900, it's a lot of kit....birch/maple hybrid. This would strictly be a gigging kit. Having 2 Mapex kits already, so I know what I'll be getting in terms of quality, etc., but does anyone have any personal experience with this kit?

User Info Menu

They are great sounding drums. I bought the Armory in transparent walnut. They are gorgeous.
    Mapex Drums / Ludwig Hardware / Sabian Cymbals / Tama Pedals & Hardware / Remo and Aquarian
    Heads /
    Vic Firth Sticks

User Info Menu

Rethinking this and the Armory may not be for me. Kicks don't come in anything bigger than 22". Meridian Maple back in the top spot on the acquisition list.

User Info Menu

Rethinking this and the Armory may not be for me. Kicks don't come in anything bigger than 22". Meridian Maple back in the top spot on the acquisition list.
    Why not just get a Mydentity? you can get whatever sizes and colors you want in either Birch or Maple and you can even mix em
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Why not just get a Mydentity? you can get whatever sizes and colors you want in either Birch or Maple and you can even mix em
    Thanks for the help MDK. I'd prefer to stay away from the MyDentity thing. I love Mapex, but, that whole thing IMHO seems a bit gimicky and not the badge I want on my drums.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help MDK. I'd prefer to stay away from the MyDentity thing. I love Mapex, but, that whole thing IMHO seems a bit gimicky and not the badge I want on my drums.
    Not the 1st time I heard that, to each his own I guess. I agree about the badges but I don't see whats gimmicky about ordering your own drum sizes, wood type, and color? I am pretty sure the Maples are the same exact shells as the meridians.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Not the 1st time I heard that, to each his own I guess. I agree about the badges but I don't see whats gimmicky about ordering your own drum sizes, wood type, and color? I am pretty sure the Maples are the same exact shells as the meridians.
    Believe me, I've been on the Mapex site and have built a couple of kits. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on one of those. Plus, the pricing doesn't make a lot of sense when compared to their standard lines.

User Info Menu

I agree, I don't see custom aspect as compelling enough to spend extra on, particularly with NOS Meridian kits still out there at excellent prices.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Are you freakin kidding me! Not worth it to choose your sizes and finish and hardware? Also the shells are a step up from the Meridians. I think the price point is ridiculous for what you get, and in a good way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    Are you freakin kidding me! Not worth it to choose your sizes and finish and hardware? Also the shells are a step up from the Meridians. I think the price point is ridiculous for what you get, and in a good way.
    I have to agree with you X. Cheapest custom drums ever.

User Info Menu

There is nothing that would attract me to the Mydentity over the sets available in the Meridian Maple, Birch or Mars ranges - there are more wrap finishes available in Mydentity - but I tend to like solid colours. You can choose hardware finish - but, given the choice, I would always choose chrome over anything else available, to me no advantage.

Comparing prices for a complete Mydentity shell pack makes a great case for buying a Saturn.

Mydentity isn't available in the UK - no great loss..

User Info Menu

Sometimes I think the low price for choosing your own sizes, hardware and colors plus choosing 100% maple or Birch kit that mapex charges is a hinderance that causes some people to second guess it. How could custom ordering Maple shells be so cheap compared to all the other companies that offer custom ordering
    Last edited by MDK; 02-01-2015 at 07:06 AM.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy