Page 2 of 124 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mapex Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

OMG Don't shoot me but I just gotta say this. Gorgeous sets all of them and i'm sure they all sound absolutely killer! It's just the name I can't get past. "MAPEX" It sounds like something you would buy to clean floors with.
    I prefer a family name on the front like Ludwig, Gretsch etc...

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    OMG Don't shoot me but I just gotta say this. Gorgeous sets all of them and i'm sure they all sound absolutely killer! It's just the name I can't get past. "MAPEX" It sounds like something you would buy to clean floors with.

all the best...
    You sir, I challenge to a duel!

Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

all the best...
    Darn KG have you not heard of the Mapex Family ?? HAHAHA !

User Info Menu

So what's the going discount 30-40 % That makes them

Maple 1350-1150

Birch 1100-900

for a 6 pc with hardware and maybe 150-200 less as shell kits

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I've said it before on DC - Mapex are only a couple of really household big name drummer endorses away from world domination!

While we are at it here are my Saturns...

These are sweet man. NUFF SAID

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    While I'd love the newest stuff, getting a M Birch shell kit for $500 or less would be a dream!
    I'm not so sure that isn't within reach nowadays, anyhow.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    New gear from Mapex..Just released.. The Meridian birch/maple replaced M Birch and Pro M! More in a minute!! -Les
    OH man, they were best sellers...
    Isn't the mid-range stuff usually the best selling stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    My other question is if people think places will be discounting the old kits heavily? That would be perfect for me. While I'd love the newest stuff, getting a M Birch shell kit for $500 or less would be a dream!
    I'd assume so. The stores that have the current stuff already need to buy a certain amount of the new stuff to continue being a vendor. My guess is they'll start slashing prices on the current lines to get them out and make room for new stuff.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

If anyone sees the M Birch shell kit cheap, please PM me. I'm going to be on the prowl.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

My local mapex dealer sells the 6 piece M birch for $649, thats just the drums and tom mounts though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    also dec 2008 news

Mapex Releases Limited Edition Orion Select Burl Component Pack

this looks hot!

man that is a damm fine looking kit!
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    These are sweet man. NUFF SAID

Cheers dude!
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    My local mapex dealer sells the 6 piece M birch for $649, thats just the drums and tom mounts though.
    That's the regular price for the shell kit, which is all I really need. The only possible hardware I would get would be a new hi-hat, they have nice one's and mine's well used

I'm hoping that with the new models coming out, I can find a deal where someone is trying to get rid of stock. My local store is open tomorrow, so I might check with them.

Update: Just looked and of course MF is discounting heavily. 6 piece M Birch shell pack for $549! Many of them are like 60% off list, 35% is normal, so it can be like a $200 or $300 savings. Too bad I'm not in a position to get one right now given the holidays! I'll just have to keep my eye on what they have in stock. Still going to check local store tomorrow and see if I can do layaway or something.
    Last edited by kaosotis; 01-01-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

hi guys my first post , i bought a mapex m series the other day
    i think around 2005 model ? its honey amber in colour a very nice lookin kit
    but wasn't looked after by previous owner . can any1 tell me wat they where worth when came out in australia ? thanx

User Info Menu

all the best...
    ...lol
    thats just crazy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billyxxx View Post
    but wasn't looked after by previous owner . can any1 tell me wat they where worth when came out in australia ? thanx

hello billy
    didnt see your post there

..welcome to the forum...nice to see another aussie around

don't know how much the kit was..but if you post a pic of your kit that might help

i guess under 1k when they got released

User Info Menu

Can't tell you much about the Mapex drums, other than I think the Honey Amber finish is Geeorgeeous! I play a Gretsch Catalina Maple kit, so that's the one I researched, and that's the one I really know.

Welcome to Drum Chat Billyxxx!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

hey thanks 4 the info . do i need a photobucket account to post pics ? yeah the guy i bought them off was trying to sell them for $1200, lol i got them for $450 cuz the heads were just there to take a beating from him , the crash was cracked right around the edge but ive pulled them apart and cleaning them up and trying to get the missus to let me spend more money lol it is very hard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    So what's the going discount 30-40 % That makes them

Maple 1350-1150

Birch 1100-900

for a 6 pc with hardware and maybe 150-200 less as shell kits
    Typical discount is about 35% but Musician's Friend is at 60% right now. Local store just quoted me $649 for 5 piece Pro M shell kit, $699 with 500 series hardware! M Birch would be about $100 less.

Finances aren't there right now, but he said to call back when I'm ready and he'll see what he can do. If he can call Mapex and they have stuff discounted to dealers, he can pass that discount along.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    Well guys and gals, it seems the idea for a brand specific discussion thread is a good one. So I thought why not one for us MAPEX freaks?
    Here is a chance to ask questions and share tips on topics like head selection and set up options about everthing MAPEX from Q series to the awesome Orions. Maybe even show off your new gear??

MOD.. HOW BOUT SOME STICKYS??

What do you Mapex owners think? I think that there is enuff of us on drumchat to warrant a sticky for this awesome brand of drums??? Yes/No??
    -Les
    HOLA como estas Mi amigo LESIZMOR CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) within great aware-ness WISDOM KNOWLEDGE**I really Love MY SATURNS *and I feel as this works for my
    EXTREMMMMXXXX OUT of the BOX ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ARTISTRY* that
    my SATURNS & MAPEX DRUMS(TAMBORES) are made very VERY GREAT (STRONG) AND the mapex company at least for me has been easy to communicate with on the PHONE *this company al-ready sent me ANOTHER MAPLE BLACK PANTHER 6,1/2" X 14" as they really backed up their warranty
    100% and they also sent me 2 BRAND new BASS DRUM HOOPS*ANYWAYS
    I am getting another SET within the Very near FUTURE*Love them and I really LOVE THEIR TOP OF the LINE HARD-WARE***GRACIAS

User Info Menu

also can u get a bass drum plate to cover the tom mount ? im trying to make it a virgin again.

User Info Menu

all the kits kicks are virgins ......do you mean a blanking plug for the tom holder?

or has you kit actually got a hole in the top of the kick?

User Info Menu

also can u get a bass drum plate to cover the tom mount ? im trying to make it a virgin again.
    If the BD tom mounts are the same as the Saturn's, the holder does not actually penetrate the drum - its held on with 4 nut boxes (lugs). All you need to do is buy 4 lugs and remove the holder and you are sorted!

take a look at the picture below and you can see how the holder sits on the drum.

Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England

User Info Menu

Although I don't have a Mapex (I want one however) I find their mounts very interesting. I'd love to be able to retrofit my Tama's with something like that, although I know I can't.

I guess I'll just have to try to find a way to afford an M Birch or Pro M that are on sale for super cheap at Musicians Friend or my local store.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Sounds like you're pretty stoked about getting one Kaosotis!

Start puttin that money aside bro! Psst, did you know you can live for several days without food as long as you have water?
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Sounds like you're pretty stoked about getting one Kaosotis!

Start puttin that money aside bro! Psst, did you know you can live for several days without food as long as you have water?
    I can live for a while believe me (6'2" 245 lbs.). I can live off the land as my father likes to say. I'm not sure my wife, 2 kids, and 2 dogs would fare so well

Well there's always the tax refund I get every year, plus some extra money I'll be getting for teaching an extra class at school. The problem is I don't know if the deals/stock will be there when I'm ready. Such is life.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K