Page 1 of 109 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 3005

Thread: Mapex Drums Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Mapex Drums Discussion

    Well guys and gals, it seems the idea for a brand specific discussion thread is a good one. So I thought why not one for us MAPEX freaks?
    Here is a chance to ask questions and share tips on topics like head selection and set up options about everthing MAPEX from Q series to the awesome Orions. Maybe even show off your new gear??

    Advertisement

    Mapex Drums T-shirt


    -Les

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    This is a good idea, Les. I hope we see one for each brand. All drum mfg's have something for somebody and why not exploit the positives so future buyers can have good facts to go by and not just someone's opinion based on them hearing someone else's opinion.

    BTW, what brand to you like, right now?
    Signature here

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    This is a good idea, Les. I hope we see one for each brand. All drum mfg's have something for somebody and why not exploit the positives so future buyers can have good facts to go by and not just someone's opinion based on them hearing someone else's opinion.

    BTW, what brand to you like, right now?
    I am loving my Mapex's for sure Bish! -Les

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    I am loving my Mapex's for sure Bish! -Les
    I know, man, I was just giving you a razzing.

    Of course now that you are going to get another Pearl kit...the jury may go back into session, eh?
    Signature here

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I know, man, I was just giving you a razzing.

    Of course now that you are going to get another Pearl kit...the jury may go back into session, eh?
    Well, I have owned and played Pearl drum fo over 15 years and like you, I find something apealing in Pearl drums as well! They have a signature sound and their hardware and CS is second to none. I will buy another Mapex kit (in the future) in a New York minute! I'm just sold! -Les

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    I can say the first time i played a Mapex birch kit, i bought it and was hooked! This time a year ago i had heard of mapex but didnt know anything about them. After owning the M birch and now the Saturn i will say they make some high quality products. One thing i noticed about the Saturn bass drums is that they have a distinct, thunderous sound. Anytime someone hears my kit they comment on how powerful the bass is and what can i say i love that sound. Of course other drums have great sound too as there are so many great brands making good stuff. I just like having something different and my Mapex gives me that with its sound and still not really a mainstream name. I still run into people that arent familiar with mapex and cant believe they havent heard them before since they are top notch. Being a drum fanatic, of course there are other kits i still want from other brands but i do love my mapex and would put it up against anything else out there in terms of durability and sound.
    __________________________
    Mapex Mafia
    Mapex saturn 5pc. fusion in emerald green fade
    www.myspace.com/fast94ex

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Well I guess I have to jump in on this one, since I now own my third Mapex kit. I've owned two M Birch kits previously, and now own their top of the line Orions.

    Mapex has made a big impact in the drum industry in recent years, and is getting a reputation for offering the best "bang for the buck", party due to the fact that they've offered a free tom or Black Panther snare with many of their kits. Their quality is excellent, as exemplified by the fact that their plant in China has been awarded the ISO 9001 distinction, the highest award for quality given out in manufacturing. To back up the importance of that quality, the parent company of Mapex, KHS Musical Instruments, now manufactures drum shells and hardware for several other top name drum companies.

    Fine quality drums and hardware hardware, competitive pricing, and top notch customer service are making Mapex one of the big names in drum manufacturing. Oh, did I mention the variety of finishes? Outstanding looking finishes in both wraps and lacquers, and they constantly release new finishes that are innovative and eye catching.

    Here are a couple of pics of my past and present Mapex kits.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ****************************************
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    ****************************************
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    I can say the first time i played a Mapex birch kit, i bought it and was hooked! This time a year ago i had heard of mapex but didnt know anything about them. After owning the M birch and now the Saturn i will say they make some high quality products. One thing i noticed about the Saturn bass drums is that they have a distinct, thunderous sound. Anytime someone hears my kit they comment on how powerful the bass is and what can i say i love that sound. Of course other drums have great sound too as there are so many great brands making good stuff. I just like having something different and my Mapex gives me that with its sound and still not really a mainstream name. I still run into people that arent familiar with mapex and cant believe they havent heard them before since they are top notch. Being a drum fanatic, of course there are other kits i still want from other brands but i do love my mapex and would put it up against anything else out there in terms of durability and sound.
    AMEN to his bro! I also own a Pearl Session kit and love them as well. but there is just something about my M Birch and Black Panther snare that has got me grinning a mile and 1/2 wide! -Les

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    I must say your so right. Mapex drums are great, like most I ]
    never realised how good they were untill I played the saturn on a 1hr gig slot it more than held up all night and was shared between four other bands (all heavy hitter) Better than the orian in my opinion.

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Those Orions are just stunning Norske. I bet the camera isn't doing that finish any favors either.
    Signature here

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    woot mapex rocks
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    woot mapex rocks
    OMG ! I love the finish on your kit! WOW!
    Like i said before... is there a more beautiful drum then the Orion series!
    Congrats Itchie! you must be very happy with that kit.

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyT View Post
    OMG ! I love the finish on your kit! WOW!
    Like i said before... is there a more beautiful drum then the Orion series!
    Congrats Itchie! you must be very happy with that kit.
    totally happy , there's no doubt about it


  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    How does that beauti sound? that's an all maple kit?
    Do you gig with it? that kit puts a lot pf DW kits to shame! LOL!

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyT View Post
    ..... that kit puts a lot pf DW kits to shame! LOL!
    .........wait, ummm..I mean..


    -Les

  16. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyT View Post
    How does that beauti sound? that's an all maple kit?
    Do you gig with it? that kit puts a lot pf DW kits to shame! LOL!
    good

    yes

    yes

    yes

  17. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    totally happy , there's no doubt about it

    Got one thing to say about those orions...... WOW !!!!
    E Drums !! !

    There are no loud instruments just loud players !

    Protect Your Hearing !!!!

  18. #18

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Wow.... I'm blown away by that finish, Itchie!
    Sabian AAX Xplosion crash 18"
    Sabian AAX Xplosion crash 16"
    Sabian AAX Xplosion hats 14"
    Sabian Vault Holy China 19"
    LP Ice Bell 7" (love it)
    Sabian AA 12" Mini China

  19. #19

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Eye Candy, Itchie!!

    Those are amazing to look at.
    Signature here

  20. #20

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Guess ill post a pic of mine since this is the official Mapex thread!


    Last edited by Beave; 02-06-2009 at 02:42 PM.
    __________________________
    Mapex Mafia
    Mapex saturn 5pc. fusion in emerald green fade
    www.myspace.com/fast94ex

  21. #21

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    Guess ill post a pic of mine since this is the official Mapex thread!


    very nice

  22. #22

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    I'd love to have a Mapex one day but I'm quite happy with my Ludwigs at the moment, nice kits everyone

  23. #23

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Here's a few of mine...
    vintage Mars in the original yellow before I refinished it.
    1998 Mars Pro SE in transparent aqua green
    2007 VX black (current kit)
    and my Black Panther snares:
    14x3.5" Phosphor Bronze (january 1999)
    14x6.5" phosphor bronze (august 2000)
    10x5.5" flat black maple (june 2000)
    12x7" cherry maple (july 2006)
    I also bought a 14x6.5 to match the 1998 set that I had sold (no pics though)

    The first time I saw a Mapex kit was in a rehearsal room, and I laughed at it (unknown brand). Six weeks later I was begging my parents to buy me one. I've been hooked ever since. I did own a Tama Rockstar in the midst of the Mapex stuff because they offered a double bass configuration. I decided to downsize (shell sizes mainly) and I wanted the hexagonal L-rods and Mapex's ITS back, so I went for the VX. I don't see myself buying another set.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

  24. #24

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    I've said it before on DC - Mapex are only a couple of really household big name drummer endorses away from world domination!

    While we are at it here are my Saturns...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse


  25. #25
    Larrysperf Guest

    Default Re: The All Access MAPEX Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I've said it before on DC - Mapex are only a couple of really household big name drummer endorses away from world domination!

    While we are at it here are my Saturns...



    These are sweet man. NUFF SAID

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •