Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124 LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3085

Thread: Mapex Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Drums Discussion

Ths are gorgeous Kev, what do you use to take pictures with? Your lighting is always perfect?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Ths are gorgeous Kev, what do you use to take pictures with? Your lighting is always perfect?
    Usually with my Canon 5D3 I do also use my iPhone XS when I am feeling lazy I do love photography though.
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Seem to be making a habit of acquiring Mapex Kits. I'm not complaining though as they are simply brilliant.

6D48234A-42F8-4D7F-95DA-6C4B0EE11A6B_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    5BD68344-E1EC-42F3-A7F7-A70075EB8F03_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

Additions - 24x14 BD, 16x16 & 18x16 FT

359B22FE-61B1-4AC0-B4B9-93CAE9B48ECC_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

9Y0A8435 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    9Y0A8435 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    9Y0A8438 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

This Saturn set came in two days ago. It is my fifth Saturn / Saturn Pro set; three of them are at various churches in our parish (Louisiana for county). I had gone shopping at three different stores in Lafayette, Louisiana but did not find a set I wanted. But I did buy two cymbals and a Mapex Armory Sabre snare. The first cymbal is a Sabian SR2 19" Heavy, which makes a great ride. The second cymbal are Sabian XS20 Medium Hats that sound quite good to me. Last Saturday, I ordered a Mapex Saturn set from Swee****er Music. The cymbals are all Sabians: 19" SR2 Heavy, 18" SR2 Thin (good crash-ride), 16" AA Thin Crash, 14" Xs20 Medium Hats. Peace and goodwill.

100_0537[1].jpg

100_0538[1].jpg

100_0539[1].jpg

100_0541[1].jpg

100_0543[1].jpg
    Last edited by Drumolator; 01-09-2022 at 11:43 AM.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Looking at these photos made me realize how much I like the old bass drum logo.
    Rick

Mapex Sabian Ludwig Saluda Assorted Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slanddad View Post
    Looking at these photos made me realize how much I like the old bass drum logo.
    Yep, me too
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Howdy! I’m new here, so forgive me if you have covered this before. I searched, but didn’t find an answer to my question.

I have a set of Mars Pros with the long rods between the lugs. It’s a 5 piece with 12,13,16 inch toms. What I would like is a 14in floor tom to go with, and I can’t seem to find any. Sometimes (rarely) I will see a 10in out there, but there is very little info I can find regarding this kit. So my question is…

Did they even make a 14, or do I have to get a different drum set?

User Info Menu

I know they made 14 in. rack toms.You could convert one or hang it from a cymbal stand. Look on Ebay or Reverb.
    Rick

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BoozeLord View Post
    Howdy! I’m new here, so forgive me if you have covered this before. I searched, but didn’t find an answer to my question.

I have a set of Mars Pros with the long rods between the lugs. It’s a 5 piece with 12,13,16 inch toms. What I would like is a 14in floor tom to go with, and I can’t seem to find any. Sometimes (rarely) I will see a 10in out there, but there is very little info I can find regarding this kit. So my question is…

Welcome to Drum Chat. You might get an answer by visiting the Mapex web site and research history if you know the approx. year of your drums. Many mfgrs will have some kind of archive. Most of the Mapex kits I've owned offered a 14" FT so your chances are really good one existed but finding one available is an entirely different animal. Keep spreading the word.

I wouldn't get rid of your kit to gain a 14" FT in another kit. Just add the other kit. Most of us have done that.

We will need pictures of your current as well as any future additions. Get busy. You have work to do. lol.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC!

I would 2nd what Bish said, as I'm in the same boat as you, only with DW. They discontinued my color (Gunmetal Metallic Lacquer) and I really want an 18" floor tom.

Keep scouring the used market place on a regular basis because it will eventually turn up, so be ready when it does. Have the money saved now and on hand so that when you are lucky enough to find it, you'll be in position to pull the trigger. I eventually found my 18" but the money wasn't there. It sold to someone else and I felt dead inside, like I was an unlucky animal who missed getting on to Noah's Ark. LOL!
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Latest creation

9Y0A8546 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    9Y0A8545 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    9Y0A8543 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Kevin, what's under the bass drum?Is that enough to keep it from sliding?
    Rick

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Welcome to Drum Chat. You might get an answer by visiting the Mapex web site and research history if you know the approx. year of your drums. Many mfgrs will have some kind of archive. Most of the Mapex kits I've owned offered a 14" FT so your chances are really good one existed but finding one available is an entirely different animal. Keep spreading the word.

I wouldn't get rid of your kit to gain a 14" FT in another kit. Just add the other kit. Most of us have done that.

We will need pictures of your current as well as any future additions. Get busy. You have work to do. lol.
    I didn't mention that it's the practice room kit, 1 of 3. They are decent drums, but why not get a different kit that comes with the configuration that I want? My main kit is a Yamaha recording custom from the 80s. they are MASSIVE sounding!!! Two floor toms, and one rack (that's what I'm looking for). The other is a small Ddrum set for my son and I to bang around on at home.

I have to admit that my stuff is way too dirty and dusty for me to be posting pics here after what I've seen so far. Not to mention my sub par camera skills. It looks like some of you guys had a professional session for your kits.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slanddad View Post
    Kevin, what's under the bass drum?Is that enough to keep it from sliding?
    It's just a piece of card to rest the bass drum on when I set it up. I usually use a small mat.
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    It's just a piece of card to rest the bass drum on when I set it up. I usually use a small mat.
    Okay,thought I missed out on something new and easier to carry than a carpet.
    Rick

User Info Menu

Here is my kit as a four-piece, which is how I will use it.

100_0544[1].jpg

100_0546[1].JPG

100_0550[1].JPG

Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumolator View Post
    Here is my kit as a four-piece, which is how I will use it.

100_0544[1].jpg

100_0546[1].JPG

100_0550[1].JPG

Peace and goodwill.
    Lovin' the finish!! ooolala!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BoozeLord View Post

I sent you a PM, check it out.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Well I added a tom mount to the bass drum, mostly to make the hardware box lighter. Peace and goodwill.

100_0562.JPG

100_0571.JPG

100_0572.JPG

Church Drummer's Army