Thread: Help posting old photos

User Info Menu

Default Help posting old photos

Here's the story...over Christmas weekend, I spoke with an old girl friend from our college days. Before ending the call, she asked me if I knew the whereabouts of a guy named Cardella. I told her that I didn't remember anyone by that name. She went on to tell me that he and I played drums in an R & B band in college and that we used to do "Drum Battles" in that band. Also, we both played in the college band. No memory...no clue!! I remember the band but not any Drum Battles...how could I forget something like that?

Later, I did an AOL White pages search and a Google search on the name. I did find someone who it might have been. The Google sent me to a web site of a DJ Music business with him as the contact. I e-mailed, explained who I was and was curious. The next day, I received a reply asking me how I've been, where am I, what I've been up to and comments about all sorts of things we did with the R & B band. I was floored!! I still didn't have any idea. I wrote back and explained my embarrassment. He replied with some specific information about how we put on "Drum Battles" because those would draw large crowds. The singer would take a break and we would do our thing and, as he said..."You would play things I had no hope of ever being able to do and would answer you with a flurry on the toms and snare." The band was JC and The Penetrators and we did a James Brown/Jr. Walker All Star type of show. He sent me two photos...one of the band with me on drums, and the other of him on his drums during one of our "Battles." He had scanned them to his computer and attached to the e-mail. I was amazed to see what we looked like 42 years ago. I have tried to upload both of these to Photobucket but they won't load due to an invalid file. They are jpeg pictures and I don't know why I can't upload them. I thought some of you would get a kick out of this story and the photos to accompany it.

Any ideas...??
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help posting old photos

Although this might lessen the quality, you might try loading them in Paint or another photo editing program, and saving a new copy as a different type of image that maybe photobucket will accept.

In case you are not familiar with how to do it: when you open the file in whatever program you choose, go to the "File" menu and select "Save As..." When it prompts you to enter the file name, it will also allow you to choose the file type in the drop-down box below it. Save it with a new file name and type, and voila! Hopefully that will help you get where you are going.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

What is the extention on the file?

is it .jpg?
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post
    What is the extention on the file?

is it .jpg?

They are jpeg pictures (jpg)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    Although this might lessen the quality, you might try loading them in Paint or another photo editing program, and saving a new copy as a different type of image that maybe photobucket will accept.

In case you are not familiar with how to do it: when you open the file in whatever program you choose, go to the "File" menu and select "Save As..." When it prompts you to enter the file name, it will also allow you to choose the file type in the drop-down box below it. Save it with a new file name and type, and voila! Hopefully that will help you get where you are going.

Well, that worked in so far as I was able to upload the photo to Photobucket. However, I can't seem to be able to copy/paste it to here. I saved the photo as a Bitmap file. Maybe the 'puter is acting up today...you think?

User Info Menu

Frank, you should be able to upload them directly to this site by clicking on the "Go Advanced" button when you are ready to post. By scrolling down, you will see a "Manage Attachments" button under the Additional Options section. When you click on that, you will open a box that will let you browse your computer for the file that you want, then you can upload it. You can do it multiple times to get multiple pictures. You won't see the pictures until you submit the post.

Hope that helps, and you can thank Bish for turning me on to this way of getting the pictures up. Looking forward to seeing the pics!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

what do you mean you cannot copy/paste it here? is it like when you click the box with its address it won't select?
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Frank, you should be able to upload them directly to this site by clicking on the "Go Advanced" button when you are ready to post. By scrolling down, you will see a "Manage Attachments" button under the Additional Options section. When you click on that, you will open a box that will let you browse your computer for the file that you want, then you can upload it. You can do it multiple times to get multiple pictures. You won't see the pictures until you submit the post.

Hope that helps, and you can thank Bish for turning me on to this way of getting the pictures up. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

When I tried this, PB, I got the error message that the size is to large and I will have to re-size it manually. It doesn't tell me how to do that.
    Any help??

User Info Menu

Hey, here we are!! be sure to check the date on the photo.

User Info Menu

Glad you got it posted Frank! Good looking group of musicians. Which one are you Frank?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I was just gonna send you a note to email it to me and I'd post it for you, but I see you git it figured out.

What an awesome picture, Frank.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Looks Good!!!

Gotta LOVE nostalgia!

User Info Menu

Frank, your drums look brand new. That's how I could tell it was you.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post

Hey, here we are!! be sure to check the date on the photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Here's the story...over Christmas weekend, I spoke with an old girl friend from our college days. Before ending the call, she asked me if I knew the whereabouts of a guy named Cardella. I told her that I didn't remember anyone by that name. She went on to tell me that he and I played drums in an R & B band in college and that we used to do "Drum Battles" in that band. Also, we both played in the college band. No memory...no clue!! I remember the band but not any Drum Battles...how could I forget something like that?

Later, I did an AOL White pages search and a Google search on the name. I did find someone who it might have been. The Google sent me to a web site of a DJ Music business with him as the contact. I e-mailed, explained who I was and was curious. The next day, I received a reply asking me how I've been, where am I, what I've been up to and comments about all sorts of things we did with the R & B band. I was floored!! I still didn't have any idea. I wrote back and explained my embarrassment. He replied with some specific information about how we put on "Drum Battles" because those would draw large crowds. The singer would take a break and we would do our thing and, as he said..."You would play things I had no hope of ever being able to do and would answer you with a flurry on the toms and snare." The band was JC and The Penetrators and we did a James Brown/Jr. Walker All Star type of show. He sent me two photos...one of the band with me on drums, and the other of him on his drums during one of our "Battles." He had scanned them to his computer and attached to the e-mail. I was amazed to see what we looked like 42 years ago. I have tried to upload both of these to Photobucket but they won't load due to an invalid file. They are jpeg pictures and I don't know why I can't upload them. I thought some of you would get a kick out of this story and the photos to accompany it.

Any ideas...??
    Oh FRAAAANNNK!!!!

It's Karl, your old bass player from the Original JC and the Penetrators!!!

Yeah -- that's right -- it ME -- the skinny guy on the left of that picture you had trouble posting.

Freddie just called me, you old rascal!! You're looking good for an old coot!!

(I can say that -- I'm old!)

Still got that red Ludwig set, too!!! It looks as good as you do!! Quality tells, they say....quality tells.

Looking forward to your call!

See ya!

(I'm gettin' the willies being a bassman in the middle of all these drummers....)