Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearl Drums Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Subrick Guest

Default Pearl Drums Discussion

For all the Pearl drums lovers here (myself included), let's discuss any and all things Pearl!

For starters, do you think that they should start making Exports again? For me, yes. They have a good sound and are the most popular kit Pearl's ever manufactured.

Advertisement

Cool Drum Accessories

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl Drums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Subrick View Post
    For all the Pearl lovers here (myself included), let's discuss any and all things Pearl!

For starters, do you think that they should start making Exports again? For me, yes. They have a good sound and are the most popular kit Pearl's ever manufactured.
    I don't think they should bring back the Exports...they were great kits, as well as the Sessions. The new Vision series offers the best of both worlds from those two lines. I don't think the Exports ever came with a birch option...I could be wrong. I think the new Vision line will stick around for quite a while.

I do think they should bring back the Session series though, but that's just me. Also, I think they should bring back the satin hardware option...it was hot. But that's my opinion on things being brought back.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

I think they made too many "silver sparkle" variations. My GC has had two different versions. Norske has another version and my snare is a little bit different than the rest of my kit but not that you'd notice.

Other than that I love the Masters Series and I can't say enough about their hardware. The 2000 series can do it all and holds up as good as it looks!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

i think pearl is a great company. even the birch/basswood visions are a big step up in tone from exports and carry the lifetime warranty on shell construction. as bish said the 2000 series hardware is very modular and easily usable. with 2 different lines of masters kits (mcx and premium birch and maple), there is no need for the session line. masters mcx sell for just a couple hundred more than the sessions did. about the only thing i'm not fond of is the hat and kick pedals.

User Info Menu

Im a big fan of the Masters, but I cant stand References.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Me too.

This is the shortest post I've ever made.

Dennis

User Info Menu

Huh?? -Les

User Info Menu

This coming Thursday, I am picking up my Mint cond. '97 Pearl Session DX kit and will be posting some pix. Before I got my Mapex kit, I was fluttering around a bit with other brands. I find Gretsch to be outstanding btw. But..really, I have owned and played Pearl drums almost exclusively for over 15 years and will say that from the FX forums to the Masters, Pearl makes some of the finest drums on the mass market today. I am stoked to being just a few days away from owning my 4th Pearl drum set. Now I hafta decide..Do I gig my Mapexs or the Pearl DXs?? I love 'em both!! -Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    This coming Thursday, I am picking up my Mint cond. '97 Pearl Session DX kit and will be posting some pix. Before I got my Mapex kit, I was fluttering around a bit with other brands. I find Gretsch to be outstanding btw. But..really, I have owned and played Pearl drums almost exclusively for over 15 years and will say that from the FX forums to the Masters, Pearl makes some of the finest drums on the mass market today. I am stoked to being just a few days away from owning my 4th Pearl drum set. Now I hafta decide..Do I gig my Mapexs or the Pearl DXs?? I love 'em both!! -Les
    Just switch them out every once in a while!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    session dx? i havnt heard of that. they had a series in the early 80s called the professional dx line. info and a badge pic would be cool.

i know there are alot of weenies on the pearl forum. but i have been a member there for years. the mods are helpful and and being able to easily chat and get info direct from the company big wigs all the way up to gene okamoto (pres of pearl usa and masterworks div.) is really cool.

Larrysperf Guest

And what referance are you gettin at lol
    foflmao your to funny NR

User Info Menu

Refs shells are waaaaay to thick and heavy. I think the sound terrible.

User Info Menu

Don't forget, thicker shells will focus the tone and lessen the resonance...good for those players who require a more discretionary sound. Jazz players mostly.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

Larrysperf Guest

I love Pearl snares. They have some of the best all round snares out there. NUFF SAID

User Info Menu

I really don't understand your hatred for Refs. Once I get mine tuned and ready to go you will have to stop by and be blown away by the AWESOMENESS!!!!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by redheaddrummer03 View Post
    I really don't understand your hatred for Refs. Once I get mine tuned and ready to go you will have to stop by and be blown away by the AWESOMENESS!!!!
    Read my post I explained it clearly.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I am very happy with my export set....and have long been a fan of most everything that Pearl has made....amongst my purchase cue include: Pearl Elim DB.....more Pearl Cymbal stands(have not had a single problem with any of their hardware) and though I like Pearl's snares...my next snare is going to be a Ludwig....

One of these days....I will have a Masters Kit....I do miss the Export series....if for nothing else than sentimental.....
    ...I am not seeing things as they are....I am seeing things as I am....

User Info Menu

I just bought a Pearl Vision VX kit and I wanted to express some of my opinions on it. Overall I thought the sound was great. I love the boom of the Pearl kicks. The toms have tone and resonance. The only complaints I have are the mounting hardware and Wrap on the kit.

Out of the box some of the wrap around the shells on the toms were loose. Not around the seams but the body of the toms. Also, the mounting system for the toms is horrible. I think this might be preference more than anything but I will prob mount them on some stand attachments instead. Overall I think the kit is great though and the 900 series hardware I got with them is very exceptional. I love the hi-hat stand and cymbal/boom stands.
    www.myspace.com/joeguitar

Feel free to request me. Just make sure you add a message with it cause I get too many from people I just don't know.

User Info Menu

New Vision VX

plus traded my B8s for XS20s
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/

User Info Menu

I love pearl, ive had too export kits, and now masters studio, love it, the masters hardware is second to none

User Info Menu

I am looking at getting a Pearl Forum 2008 drum kit but i am unsure of the quality i was wondering if someone could help me out as i need to make a quick decision..... It's being sold for $900 and has only been played once!!!
    I think this is a bargain but am also unsure. Cheers.D95

User Info Menu

I used to be in love with the Pearl MLX kits yrs back.
    They sounded really warm and full!! And the finishes were beautiful.

User Info Menu

I think that the Pearl Vision is a great kit for the money, and gives you the best of both worlds. The exports were great, but there are other pearl kits out there that can sound just as good and better.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lauratdrummer View Post
    I play a Pearl VSX Strata red color. Its great I love it! The quality is awesome the looks and the sound is just wow! Laura
    Check me out at www.start-drumming.com
    Welcome to Drum Chat, Laura.

Your web site looks fantastic!!

Glad to have you amongst us. Great choice in kit, too!
    Signature here