Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    They look so sweet. Top quality!!!

Beautiful shells, too.
    Thanks I'm already thinking of ordering more haha

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tama Drums Discussion

Got my Siverstars in like two days, fastest ship ever

i was a little concerned cause the price was too good. but they are new and without any discernible defects!

anyhow the trans blue burst is gorgeous, really rich, better than in the pics online.

played a show with em last saturday and could not be more pleased, they sound huge and man are they pretty, i especially like the oil rub on the interior of the shells, nice touch!

best 137.00 im likely to ever spend.
    don't put off till tomorrow what you can put off today

User Info Menu

I just got my new hi-hat stand that I think is super cool. (another emotional eye candy purchase)

Signature here

User Info Menu

that's nice, that's a special edition right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Othicx View Post
    that's nice, that's a special edition right?
    Yes. I have only seen it at one on-line dealer.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

What's up everybody, I'm kind of new here though I've been lurking for a little while. Just wanted to say hey and show my 2 Tama rigs. The red sparkle set is a newer 2013 Silverstar set, and the bigger marine blue fade kit is my Starclassic Bubinga set I got new back in 2006. Hope you like em.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=jdizzle0209;561065]What's up everybody, I'm kind of new here though I've been lurking for a little while. Just wanted to say hey and show my 2 Tama rigs. The red sparkle set is a newer 2013 Silverstar set, and the bigger marine blue fade kit is my Starclassic Bubinga set I got new back in 2006. Hope you like em.

very nice man! how are you liking the silverstars? i just purchased a kit and could not be more pleased. and of course im sure those b/b's sound super! can not say ive ever seen em in blue, must be very striking in person.

and btw, WELCOME!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle0209 View Post
    What's up everybody, I'm kind of new here though I've been lurking for a little while. Just wanted to say hey and show my 2 Tama rigs. The red sparkle set is a newer 2013 Silverstar set, and the bigger marine blue fade kit is my Starclassic Bubinga set I got new back in 2006. Hope you like em.

Of course we do! Welcome to Drum Chat....finally!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=onegourd;561497]

very nice man! how are you liking the silverstars? i just purchased a kit and could not be more pleased. and of course im sure those b/b's sound super! can not say ive ever seen em in blue, must be very striking in person.

and btw, WELCOME!
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. The Silverstars have exceeded everything I've wanted and then some. They've got power and the kind of tone that you'd expect from a kit 3x the cost. Helps that they use the same shell molding process that they do for the Starclassics. Really been a great set, I've recorded with it and played through a sound system and have had great results. Congrats on the new Silverstar man too.

Oh and The Marine Blue Fade Starclassic that I have is actually the all bubinga not the Birch/Bubinga. I've had it for 7 years now and that thing is a beast, though I would like to add a Birch/Bubinga SC to my list one day.

Seems like a bunch of great people around here, I look forward to hanging out and talking drums.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Of course we do! Welcome to Drum Chat....finally!!
    Thanks Bish, I've been scrolling through the forum lately and looks like you've got yourself a very impressive collection of drums man. I've been playing tama for quite a while but man I'm really loving that newer Mapex Saturn you got. That thing looks great, how's it sound and play?

User Info Menu

I play a Tama Imperialstar Galaxy Silver 5 piece:
    20x18 kick
    10x8 and 12x9 mounted toms (both have remo coated x emperors heads)
    16x16 floor tom (remo coated x ambassador head)
    14x 5.5 snare (evans genera hd dry head)

Cymbals and such:
    Pearl cowbell with pearl mount
    14" zildjian a series master sound hi-hats
    21" zildjian a series master sound megabell ride
    14" sabian aaxploion crash
    16" sabian aaxplosion crash
    10" sabian aaxplosion brillant splash
    12" wuhan china
    20" wuhan china
    18" Paiste Alpha Metal brilliant crash

Hardware/misc.
    Tama stands and throne
    Sound Percussion stands
    Tama cymbal holder clamp
    Tama Speed Cobra double pedal
    Vic Firth Metal N sticks
    Last edited by Moshking; 10-10-2013 at 04:13 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks Bish, I've been scrolling through the forum lately and looks like you've got yourself a very impressive collection of drums man. I've been playing tama for quite a while but man I'm really loving that newer Mapex Saturn you got. That thing looks great, how's it sound and play?
    The Saturns sound and play very similar to my TAMA Star Classics. Same sizes and head selection. The TAMAs are just a bit cleaner/purer sounding.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

yea, i know what your saying about tone and the value w the SS's, ive heard that before about the shell process, not surprising.

with regard to the blue kit, all bubinga... nice, sure it has quite the sound, have yet to test one out.

love the b/b's, if iam to ever pick up a pro line, i think it'll be that one.

and yea, it is a great bunch around here! later on
    Last edited by onegourd; 10-13-2013 at 10:49 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by onegourd View Post
    yea, i know what your saying about tone and the value w the SS's, ive heard that before about the shell process, not surprising.

with regard to the blue kit, all bubinga... nice, sure it has quite the sound, have yet to test one out.

love the b/b's, if iam to ever pick up a pro line, i think it'll be that one.

and yea, it is a great bunch around here! later on
    Honestly man, if you get a chance to play on a all Bubinga kit do it. I've had mine for 7 years and it's the best sounding set I've ever heard/played. It's in a class of it's own. If you are getting to the point where your looking for a new kit the B/B kits are absolutely great kits, but you should at least check out the all Bubingas before making your decision. Warmest, richest, deepest sounding drums ever. They have this rich pure tone that is undeniable and very musical sounding. It's crazy man. After playing something for so long you get used to it and content, but I still love to play these any chance I get.

User Info Menu

Here are my Tama Artstar Customs in action. I am really digging my new Paiste 2002's!! I am rocking 24" Ride, 22" Crash, and a 24" Reverend Al's Big Ride.

User Info Menu

Honestly man, if you get a chance to play on a all Bubinga kit do it. I've had mine for 7 years and it's the best sounding set I've ever heard/played. It's in a class of it's own. If you are getting to the point where your looking for a new kit the B/B kits are absolutely great kits, but you should at least check out the all Bubingas before making your decision. Warmest, richest, deepest sounding drums ever. They have this rich pure tone that is undeniable and very musical sounding. It's crazy man. After playing something for so long you get used to it and content, but I still love to play these any chance I get.
    im sure, now that i think of it i do think i had occasion to play the bubingas in a killer practice space, and forgot all about it. i can not be entirely sure but i do not remember seeing differing plies and the interior was most certainly bubinga. and i must say the depth of response was "different/richer" than any kit i have played before or since.

well, this certainly has me thinking...

User Info Menu

I'll play!

Tama Starclassic 5.5x14 Birch in Blue Lacquer

Tama Imperialstar King Beat Chrome over Heavy Gauge Seamless steel 6.5x14

-Tama Granstar II (12x11, 16x16, 22x16)
    -Yamaha 7000 Series (12x8, 13x9, 16x16 22x18)
    -Crush Sublime E3 (12x8, 16x14, 24x17)
    -Pearl Mixed Series kit (8x7, 10x8, 15x13, 20x14)
    -Brady Jarrah Ply 8x14
    -HHG Purpleheart/Cherry Stave 7x14
    -HHG Red Birch Stave 7x14
    -Pearl Masters MCX 5.5x14
    -Pearl Steel (Pre-Sensitone) 6.5x14
    -Pearl Vintage Professional Series 6.5x14
    -Tama Imperialstar Seamless Steel 6.5x14
    -Tama Soundworks Maple 6.5x14
    -Premier (African Mahogany with Beech Re-rings) 8x14
    -Remo Bravo II 5.5x14
    -OCDP Maple 6x14
    -Crush Aluminum 5.5x14
    -Crush 10 ply Maple 6x14
    -Trixon Birch 5.5x14
    -Wuhan Traditional Cymbals
    -Paiste 2002, 602,

User Info Menu

The older Imperialstar snares are NICE drums
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysticks View Post
    I'll play!

Tama Starclassic 5.5x14 Birch in Blue Lacquer

Tama Imperialstar King Beat Chrome over Heavy Gauge Seamless steel 6.5x14

Dude! These two would be all you really need to cover most bases. Great stuff. Love the blue. Love the die-cast hoops on both. Love the strainer system on the steel. Thanks for sharing.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    Dude! These two would be all you really need to cover most bases. Great stuff. Love the blue. Love the die-cast hoops on both. Love the strainer system on the steel. Thanks for sharing.
    Yeah, these two are extremely versatile and can handle everything that I'd need them to, if I needed it. I love having different snares to choose from, but these could definitely be my only two, if that were necessary... thanks
    -Tama Granstar II (12x11, 16x16, 22x16)
    -Yamaha 7000 Series (12x8, 13x9, 16x16 22x18)
    -Crush Sublime E3 (12x8, 16x14, 24x17)
    -Pearl Mixed Series kit (8x7, 10x8, 15x13, 20x14)
    -Brady Jarrah Ply 8x14
    -HHG Purpleheart/Cherry Stave 7x14
    -HHG Red Birch Stave 7x14
    -Pearl Masters MCX 5.5x14
    -Pearl Steel (Pre-Sensitone) 6.5x14
    -Pearl Vintage Professional Series 6.5x14
    -Tama Imperialstar Seamless Steel 6.5x14
    -Tama Soundworks Maple 6.5x14
    -Premier (African Mahogany with Beech Re-rings) 8x14
    -Remo Bravo II 5.5x14
    -OCDP Maple 6x14
    -Crush Aluminum 5.5x14
    -Crush 10 ply Maple 6x14
    -Trixon Birch 5.5x14
    -Wuhan Traditional Cymbals
    -Paiste 2002, 602,

User Info Menu

was so impressed with my stepson Tanner's Silverstar Customs that when I saw this Power Rock setup today I had to buy it. 24" Kick, 6.5 x 14: snare,13" tom, 16" and 18" floor toms. we'll have to squeeze it in somewhere with the 5 other kits
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by davewilson View Post
    was so impressed with my stepson Tanner's Silverstar Customs that when I saw this Power Rock setup today I had to buy it. 24" Kick, 6.5 x 14: snare,13" tom, 16" and 18" floor toms. we'll have to squeeze it in somewhere with the 5 other kits
    That red is gorgeous, just make sure the after market heads are not touching the tom mount grommets.. supposedly they fixed it on the newer models but most owners don't even know or seemingly care when they do see it.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Awesome!!!!

User Info Menu

Great looking kit Dave.......................................let's see the pics of it when you get them