Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 2,751 to 2,768 of 2768

Thread: DW Drums Discussion

  1. #2751

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    Solid as a rock.

    It is a very balanced way of mounting too.

    But even if it wasn't, one of the best things of Yamaha hardware is that is indestructible and rock solid.

    The single (but actually quite heavy compared to other single braced stands) braced stand can hold up large toms, cymbals, and percussion at the same time without even flinching.
    Yamaha Drums

    #YamahaDrummers
    @YamahaDrummers

    www.musiqoundsproductions.com

  2. #2752

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Nice !
    The black chrome hardware looks pretty good with that finish.
    I'm still trying to find a way to have matching Black Chrome hardware, I have some options and I have to see what is the right way price wise too.
    Yamaha Drums

    #YamahaDrummers
    @YamahaDrummers

    www.musiqoundsproductions.com

  3. #2753

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    I've played but never owned DW drums and the only thing I can really say about any of there hardware is that they do have probably the best tom suspension mounting system out there!

  4. #2754

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    I ordered a new DW Collector kit last friday in Broken Glass. Kit should be here between March-April.

    Drum Sizes:

    22 x 18 Bass Drum
    16 x 14 Floor Tom
    15 x 13 Floor Tom
    14 x 12 Floor Tom
    12 x 8 Rack Tom
    10 x 7 Rack Tom
    10 x 5 Rack Tom
    8 x 5 Rack Tom
    14 x 6.5 Snare Drum

    This is what an overhead shot should look like....



    Last edited by iNDiGLo; 01-06-2019 at 12:32 PM.

  5. #2755

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    using the Mapex app
    It' a fun app. i thought DW Had one once too
    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

  6. #2756

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    using the Mapex app
    It' a fun app. i thought DW Had one once too
    DW does have a Kit Builder but its currently "under construction". I think they are improving it so I had to use the Mapex App. LOL

  7. #2757

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by iNDiGLo View Post
    DW does have a Kit Builder but its currently "under construction". I think they are improving it so I had to use the Mapex App. LOL
    So what "Mothership" does this work up to now Indie....#4?

  8. #2758

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    So what "Mothership" does this work up to now Indie....#4?
    There have been several Motherships for sure LOL. This one is "Officially" Mothership 3. This is the first drumset I have ever ordered where i got the exact drum sizes I wanted. I was able to plan the build and order exactly what i wanted.

  9. #2759

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by iNDiGLo View Post
    There have been several Motherships for sure LOL. This one is "Officially" Mothership 3. This is the first drumset I have ever ordered where i got the exact drum sizes I wanted. I was able to plan the build and order exactly what i wanted.
    #3? I was close...and ordering exactly what you want is priceless!

  10. #2760

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    I managed to fab up my Pearl Tri-Bells and a splash cymbal today. I need a better solution for mounting that splash. LOL. I used considerable brain power coming up with that. The splash is connected to a hi-hat clutch on a DW hi hat rod in a clamp. Itís all I had but there is too much hardware. Gotta scale it back somehow.

    Last edited by iNDiGLo; 01-10-2019 at 10:22 PM.

  11. #2761

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    Run one of those cute DW Cymbal attachments like you did one the right cymbal.
    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

  12. #2762

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    12pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (23pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 4pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 50 Snare drums and growing!

  13. #2763

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    I have something from Gibraltar today that should solve the problem. I will take another pic when it arrives.

  14. #2764

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    So here is how i finally was able to mount the splash cymbal above the Tri-Bells. This is the cleanest way to do it i think.





    I had to use a grinder and grind down the diameter of that rod so the hi-hat clutch would fit on it but i think it turned out nice. I"m not even sure where i got that piece from.

    I ordered a few of these from Gibraltar as additional mounting points for cymbals or other items and tried to make one of these work but it wasn't as clean a setup.


  15. #2765

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    Last edited by late8; 01-12-2019 at 08:17 PM.

  16. #2766

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    I like it. Your crash cymbal spacing is very OCD. That looks like a very fun kit to play. Love the K's.

  17. #2767

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by iNDiGLo View Post
    I like it. Your crash cymbal spacing is very OCD. That looks like a very fun kit to play. Love the K's.
    Thanks Indie! Can't wait for Mothership #3 to arrive. The kit is just a monster!

  18. #2768

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: DW Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by iNDiGLo View Post
    So here is how i finally was able to mount the splash cymbal above the Tri-Bells. This is the cleanest way to do it i think.





    I had to use a grinder and grind down the diameter of that rod so the hi-hat clutch would fit on it but i think it turned out nice. I"m not even sure where i got that piece from.

    I ordered a few of these from Gibraltar as additional mounting points for cymbals or other items and tried to make one of these work but it wasn't as clean a setup.

    Nice clean mounts for the tri-bells!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •