Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1518

Thread: Yamaha Drums discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha Drums discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Yeah thats like asking what my thoughts are on getting a Ferrari or lamborghini. I suggest for that kind of money you should really sit at each kit and go over them with a fine tooth comb.....twice!
    Rob,

You are, of course, correct! I was just curious about what folks might say. I wish there was a place that had both kinds of drums available to play.

My guess is that I would have to do some traveling to somewhere like Vic's Drum Shop, Memphis Drum Shop, Dales Drum Shop, or some other monster drum dealer. You won't find a store that has even one or the other, much less both, of these kits in stock!
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Drummers, keyboard players, DJ's and backline rental companies!

Super extended Hexrack I for sale.

A lot of (custom) parts involved here, to create any setup you can think of.

The set consists out of:
    HXR4L (not the 4LD version, this 4L version has a build in receiver on each vertical post)

Extra bars:
    HXCP36 (2x)
    HXCP44 (2x)
    HXCP22 (2x)

Extra clamps:
    HXCC cross clamp (1x)
    HXOC (1x)
    HXDB (2x)
    HXLR L rod (6x)
    HXBC tom/cymbal clamp (7x)

Custom/spare parts:
    Logo clip/leveler (1x)
    Mini T-leg (1x)
    Standard T-leg (1x)
    HXDB (with multi clamp on one side,1x)
    Straight pipe (2x)
    T-leg pipe (with receiver on top, 1x)

A standard Hexrack II will cost you now about €837,-
    For the extra clamps and bars you'd pay an additional approx. price of €676,-

Thats an approx. of €1513,- worth of rack, but then we talk II, this is the (more flexible) I model. And the aforementioned pricing also doesn't include the custom parts, so money can be saved here big time.

Buying separate parts is something we could discuss.

Send me a personal message for info and pricing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Rob,

You are, of course, correct! I was just curious about what folks might say. I wish there was a place that had both kinds of drums available to play.

My guess is that I would have to do some traveling to somewhere like Vic's Drum Shop, Memphis Drum Shop, Dales Drum Shop, or some other monster drum dealer. You won't find a store that has even one or the other, much less both, of these kits in stock!
    I have not played an SQ2, however, I have played other Sonor kits and owned a Phonic Plus many years ago (and think they are very fine drums)...just saying I think an SQ2 would have to be very special to surpass the PHX...the PHX has tone, attack, resonance in spades..I've just never played a kit its equal...my 2 cents...

User Info Menu

Finally got an all Birch kit and what a CL deal it was, Brand new Not a scratch on her All-birch Stage custom, (the 2014 model) all the yamaha hardware (2 cym stands, snare stand, hi hat stand) including pedal plus 20" ZBT ride, B8 hats and B8 16" crash all for $250 cash?

Guy I got it from bought it for his daughter 2 yrs ago and 3 days after getting it she went to live with Mother or something like that and did not want the drums. I can literally count the stick marks on the drum heads.

Getting ready to throw some Ec2's on it and try it out, always wanted an all-birch kit and for that money I just had to do it. Now up to 3 kits and the wife is starting to look at me kind of funny.

These pics are before I wiped them down, I currently have 2 drums to go. Reheading them, checking screws for tightness, running some ultra fine scotch brite on the bearing edges, and giving them a good cleaning.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by MDK; 05-09-2016 at 03:26 PM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Hello my fellow Yamaha companions!
    New member here. This is only my 4th post.
    Just practicing and trying to figure out how to use this website and forum.
    Have been playing Yamaha and Zildjian for 20 years now and still love their drums.

I own 3 Yamaha kits...
    A Maple Custom Bop Kit from about 1998. Gold lugs, 18-10,12,14 - Natural Maple
    Bought this as a graduation present to myself when I finished college. A great bop kit!

A set of the re-designed Stage Custom Birch from 2014 - This is an excellent kit.
    I have 18 and 20 - 8,10,12,14. Such a good value, I just bought one of everything in Raven Black. Pretty much my around town gigging kit. So versatile with two size bass options. Always wanted a birch kit but also wanted an intermediate line gig kit. This is both.

Just recently acquired an Absolute Hybrid Maple shell pack 20-10,12,14 in Classic Walnut.
    Expected delivery in the next two weeks.
    Considering my age, this may be the last high end "forever" kit purchase.

Again, just getting used to the board, forum and website.

Thanks for reading...

, Stage Custom Birch and Absolute Hybrid Maple
    Yamaha Maple / Stage / Absolute Hybrid Customs
    Gretsch USA Customs

User Info Menu

Nice pick up!

I like how the stage customs have the YESS mounts, should be a great kit, feel free to send me the hardware, haha!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Yamahaguy;681419]Hello my fellow Yamaha companions!
    New member here. This is only my 4th post.
    Just practicing and trying to figure out how to use this website and forum.
    Have been playing Yamaha and Zildjian for 20 years now and still love their drums.

Welcome to the forum. You know you must post pics. when you get those Hybrids. I have 88 model power tour customs 5 pc. and BCAN 2007 model I have 7 pc. I really like them both. Wow! I just realized I've had the PTC's for 30 yr. this yr.
    Last edited by Lefty; 05-09-2016 at 08:45 PM.

User Info Menu

That is one 'KILLER DEAL!!!' Doesn't it feel great to run across a deal like that! Just like when I bought my Drum Crafts. That was easily a 1,100 drum kit brand new in the box including hardware(matching snare drum 6x14 10 lug,brass snare wires and U.S. csX Remo head,pedal,boom stand and straight stand,snare stand, H H stand all double braced legs for $478.00! Congrats! you bought a great kit. I love my stage customs.

User Info Menu

So is the Stage Custom Birch kit worth buying??

I had a good look at one over the weekend.. cranberry berry red with the double braced hardware.. the toms felt very sturdy and the bass drum sounded great

Any help or opinions are appreciated... thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1234CountMeIn View Post
    So is the Stage Custom Birch kit worth buying??

I had a good look at one over the weekend.. cranberry berry red with the double braced hardware.. the toms felt very sturdy and the bass drum sounded great

Any help or opinions are appreciated... thanks
    Are you looking at new or used?

If the price is right the Stage series are excellent drums. All birch shells, good hardware construction and it'll sound great being birch.

Welcome to Drum Chat, 1234.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Are you looking at new or used?

If the price is right the Stage series are excellent drums. All birch shells, good hardware construction and it'll sound great being birch.

Welcome to Drum Chat, 1234.
    The kit i was looking at was the Stage Custom Birch Kit in cranberry red with the double braced hardware.. i played it saturday morning and instantly fell in love with it.. id never played a yamaha kit before and couldn't get over how sturdy the toms were... i want it badly but like all transactions im a bit weary of spending that kind of money on it

User Info Menu

i played it saturday morning and instantly fell in love with it..
    I would say YES buy it, Stage customs are one of the best bangs for the bucks out there and will last a lifetime. Most major manufacturers offer a birch kit in this price range but IMO the SC beats em all, hardware is top notch and they do not use those cheesy rack tom mounts that hang from the lugs.
    Last edited by MDK; 05-11-2016 at 04:24 AM.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I'd never played a yamaha kit before and couldn't get over how sturdy the toms were...
    This is one of the major things that brought me back to Yamaha. I love the YESS tom mounts. They are so solid and so easy to setup. I've heard a lot of people complain about the fact that they're drilled into the shells but I'm guessing most of those people have never actually played a YESS kit. I really do think that having the hex arm on the nodal point actually helps with resonance. I can tell the difference when the drum isn't touching the end of the hex arm compared to when it's right against it like they were designed.

User Info Menu

Seeing as my beloved Pearl MLX is off to pastures new on Sunday my RC's will now be my only kit. I am dreading using them especially if it is a kit share & will be absolutely mortified if they get scratched or dinged.
    Completely stripped them down for another clean & a re-configure.

Untitled by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

User Info Menu

Absolutely understand that kevaruka, she is a beauty. I could never let my Hybrids be used for a share kit, especially if I did not know the other drummer really well. Love the lighting in that room, I wish I could get pics of my kits in lighting like that but my basement is just too dark and not much natural light.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Absolutely understand that kevaruka, she is a beauty. I could never let my Hybrids be used for a share kit, especially if I did not know the other drummer really well. Love the lighting in that room, I wish I could get pics of my kits in lighting like that but my basement is just too dark and not much natural light.
    Thank you There are certain drummers that I know really well that I would completely trust with the kit but it is always the "Unknown type" that I worry about. A couple of months ago I had a right Thrasher that used my old MLX & I was in bits. Expected to see all the new skins dented but all was well. He did though, play on my stool in just his underpants!!!!!!!!!!!! & also marked the bass drum slightly
    Am lucky with the light as this is my conservatory so has a glass roof & is south facing so lets in lots of sunlight

User Info Menu

Really nice looking RC's!

Having beater kit is important for a gigging drummer. My poor plum MCA's have had a pretty hard life, but then again I don't need to worry about them and they still sound amazing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    Seeing as my beloved Pearl MLX is off to pastures new on Sunday my RC's will now be my only kit. I am dreading using them especially if it is a kit share & will be absolutely mortified if they get scratched or dinged.

Gorgeous

Thank you He did though, play on my stool in just his underpants!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lysol!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by musiqman View Post
    Drummers, keyboard players, DJ's and backline rental companies!

Super extended Hexrack I for sale.

A lot of (custom) parts involved here, to create any setup you can think of.

The set consists out of:
    HXR4L (not the 4LD version, this 4L version has a build in receiver on each vertical post)

Extra bars:
    HXCP36 (2x)
    HXCP44 (2x)
    HXCP22 (2x)

Extra clamps:
    HXCC cross clamp (1x)
    HXOC (1x)
    HXDB (2x)
    HXLR L rod (6x)
    HXBC tom/cymbal clamp (7x)

Custom/spare parts:
    Logo clip/leveler (1x)
    Mini T-leg (1x)
    Standard T-leg (1x)
    HXDB (with multi clamp on one side,1x)
    Straight pipe (2x)
    T-leg pipe (with receiver on top, 1x)

A standard Hexrack II will cost you now about €837,-
    For the extra clamps and bars you'd pay an additional approx. price of €676,-

Thats an approx. of €1513,- worth of rack, but then we talk II, this is the (more flexible) I model. And the aforementioned pricing also doesn't include the custom parts, so money can be saved here big time.

Buying separate parts is something we could discuss.

Send me a personal message for info and pricing.

If my Yamaha Maple Monster was smaller I would totally work out a deal with you! I really want to swap out my rack to a Yamaha rack... but so much work and so much needed.

User Info Menu

dang that is sexy

User Info Menu

Right lads,

Ive made up my mind... I am going to buy the Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Kit..
    Paying a deposit off it today.. will take me a few months to pay it off but i am in love with that kit

User Info Menu

Right lads,

Ive made up my mind... I am going to buy the Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Kit..
    Paying a deposit off it today.. will take me a few months to pay it off but i am in love with that kit
    Great decision you will love it.. Post pics when you get it, what sizes and color did you get?
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Can't go wrong with a Stage Custom 1234CountMeIn...congrats!

...Also, Beautiful RC kit Kevaruka!

User Info Menu

Great decision you will love it.. Post pics when you get it, what sizes and color did you get?
    I got the Kit in Cranberry Red in these sizes

22x17 Bass,
    16x15 Floor Tom,
    12x8 Mounted Tom,
    10x7 Mounted Tom,
    14x5.5 Snare Drum

Ill have it in a few months and i can't wait to start playing it

User Info Menu

So, as my drum adventure continues I find myself going to pick up a bright yellow Yamaha. DP kit tomorrow, complete with all hardware and meinl cymbals. It also has a full set of Protection Racket cases.
    I'm an absolute novice and as a reformed guitarist I know next to nothing about drums. I do know I like buying them though!
    I have a Performance Percussion fusion kit and was wondering if the Yamaha would be an upgrade, I can't find much info on these kits on the Internet. Any advice is gratefully received, of course it's no where near the level of the other kits I've seen in this thread and I'm wondering if all kits are pretty much the same at the lower end of the market.
    Look at me, Ands!