Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1518

Thread: Yamaha Drums discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha Drums discussion

Well folks,

I have a question for any of the stage custom owners

What protection cases are you using for your kit?

I was looking at protection racket but they all seem to be an inch too big or small for the toms...

Any help is appreciated

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1234CountMeIn View Post
    Well folks,

I was looking at protection racket but they all seem to be an inch too big or small for the toms...

Any help is appreciated
    Always go with an inch bigger, it is really not going to make much of a difference.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Check out this shootout between the Sakae Almighty Birch and the New Recording customs.

I like the rack toms better on the Sakae but the BD snare and FT better on the RC. May be due to head selection though. The almighty has Clear emp's, and the RC has Coated Amb.

7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Well folks,

Any help is appreciated
    I had standard Protection Rackets on my Oaks (same Yess system) and they fitted without any problem.

If you want they also have R version of the cases (for Rims) but then your drums will certainly float in them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Always go with an inch bigger, it is really not going to make much of a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by musiqman View Post
    I had standard Protection Rackets on my Oaks (same Yess system) and they fitted without any problem.

If you want they also have R version of the cases (for Rims) but then your drums will certainly float in them.
    Thanks for the replies lads.. i just wasn't sure and im going to a drum shop sale on saturday where they're all on sale so i am going to pick them up for my stage custom

User Info Menu

Check out this shootout between the Sakae Almighty Birch and the New Recording customs.

I like the rack toms better on the Sakae but the BD snare and FT better on the RC. May be due to head selection though. The almighty has Clear emp's, and the RC has Coated Amb.

Wow!!! I want a set!! Either one would do!!

User Info Menu

Well folks,

Any help is appreciated
    I have SKB hard cases for my absolutes ...even with vintage wood hoops they fit fine...
    Last edited by scorch whammin; 07-10-2016 at 10:57 AM.

User Info Menu

Right lads,

Small problem... The only case i can find for my 12x9 Tom on my stage custom measures
    12x8 and its a standard protection racket case

Will it fit? Or will it be too small??

Edit: The shop have a 13x9 case in stock but its part of the Ahead Armor range..

All opinions appreciated.. Thanks
    Last edited by 1234CountMeIn; 07-16-2016 at 11:57 AM.

User Info Menu

So I'm still on the search for my extremely RARE Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage piccolo snare drum... I have found a couple photos and people with them but no one willing to sell. As I continue my search I did find and bought a Peter Erskine 10x4.5 popcorn snare which will go great with my kit! Should be here this week.

User Info Menu

Hey, Spazz, if I had one I'd gladly

post a pic of it.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    So I'm still on the search for my extremely RARE Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage piccolo snare drum... I have found a couple photos and people with them but no one willing to sell. As I continue my search I did find and bought a Peter Erskine 10x4.5 popcorn snare which will go great with my kit! Should be here this week.

Congrats on getting the erskine popcorn snare ... I've got both the 10" & 12" models..both are great snares...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Hey, Spazz, if I had one I'd gladly

post a pic of it.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha thanks a lot

User Info Menu

Picked up the killer 10x4 Peter Erskine maple signature snare

matches great

User Info Menu

Nice score on that popcorn snare, looks gorgeous. Bet it sounds killer
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Nice score on that popcorn snare, looks gorgeous. Bet it sounds killer
    it's soooo sensitive I can't believe it. And the snap is unreal I was obsessed with playing it last night.

User Info Menu

matches great
    Yeah, it does. Super cool!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Two questions:

A) Do you think this Birch Yamaha color somewhat matches my vintage deep maple color kit?

B) Do you think it's possibly to carefully sand down the gloss and bring out just a natural finish with the shine?

User Info Menu

I'm of the opinion that it could look similar but when you get past the lights, the camera filters and all the other "effects" to make it look so good, you may be surprised at how different they may look side by side.

2nd, that finish is spectacular and I wouldn't do a thing to it unless the existing finish is trashed.

Last, one gouge or extra hard sanding in one spot could ruin it.

I wouldn't if you don't have to. JMHO!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

yeah well I found a rare 20x20 Yamaha Maple bass drum online in the vintage finish like my kit AND now I'm on a mission to find another bass drum! I want three! haha

User Info Menu

yeah well I found a rare 20x20 Yamaha Maple bass drum online in the vintage finish like my kit AND now I'm on a mission to find another bass drum! I want three! haha
    You'll probably need more snare drums, too. When ya comin'?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Darn if I don't keep running into these high end drum sets online... The latest I found on EBay, and it's a 4 piece Phoenix kit in gloss natural ash finish. It's got a 22x18 bass, and 10, 12 and 16 toms. All it needs for it to be perfect, for me, is a 14" floor tom, which could be ordered (about a 6 month wait, but I could live with that...) It's pricey, but it is available from one of the northeast shops. I sent them a note to see how long the kit has been in the store, and they said only about a month, so it's not old stock, it's really new. I would LOVE to have this set....to add to my DW...
    Last edited by cabasner; 08-13-2016 at 10:04 PM.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Darn if I don't keep running into these high end drum sets online... The latest I found on EBay, and it's a 4 piece Phoenix kit in gloss natural ash finish. It's got a 22x18 bass, and 10, 12 and 16 toms. All it needs for it to be perfect, for me, is a 14" floor tom, which could be ordered (about a 6 month wait, but I could live with that...) It's pricey, but it is available from one of the northeast shops. I sent them a note to see how long the kit has been in the store, and they said only about a month, so it's not old stock, it's really new. I would LOVE to have this set....to add to my DW...
    Go for it bud, I just bought a brand new Harley....
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Hi All,

My son and I recently started drumming lessons and we are loving it. We were lucky enough to stumble on an awesome set of used stage customs for sale. The previous owner bought them new over a decade ago as he thought of setting up a studio in his house for him and his bandmates to play in, but then life got in the way. These drums look like they have only been played a couple of times and the shells have no blemishes/scratches/rash. We are super excited to have a kit like this to learn on. sizes are 22inch kick, 12, 13, 16 toms, 14 inch steel snare. Once I figure out how to post pictures, I will share a few of the kit.

User Info Menu

Do it! The Phoenix kits are so gorgeous!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Hi All,

My son and I recently started drumming lessons and we are loving it. We were lucky enough to stumble on an awesome set of used stage customs for sale. The previous owner bought them new over a decade ago as he thought of setting up a studio in his house for him and his bandmates to play in, but then life got in the way. These drums look like they have only been played a couple of times and the shells have no blemishes/scratches/rash. We are super excited to have a kit like this to learn on. sizes are 22inch kick, 12, 13, 16 toms, 14 inch steel snare. Once I figure out how to post pictures, I will share a few of the kit.
    I love that you're doing it with your son. That is such a bonding point to last a lifetime.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!