Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1518

Thread: Yamaha Drums discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha Drums discussion

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I doubt the new Yamaha’s will be lighter than the old 69 3-ply Ludwigs...probably, almost certainly heavier.
    Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of but the size of these at least might fit better in my SUV. Thanks for the advice! I definitely like the honey amber.

User Info Menu

You can’t go wrong with Yamaha hardware. I love the single brace stuff, simple, light weight and sturdy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Exotic Matter View Post
    You can’t go wrong with Yamaha hardware. I love the single brace stuff, simple, light weight and sturdy.
    Used all their single braced stands in highschool. Fantastic stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Warren Wright's 6 Piece Yamaha Custom Drum kit - 400% enlarged.jpg

Here are my Yamaha Oak Customs - I changed out the Chrome Hoops as well as the Chrome bass drum claws with Brass Hoops and Brass bass drum claws and added the Brass Kick Port. Not only do they sound marvelous, they look as good as they sound. Im proud of my drum kit and I am so blessed as to actually own my "Dream Drum Kit".
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Sweet kit, I like the finish - deep and luscious. Being oak, do you ever find them to be too loud for your practice space? I own a musashi black oak 6.5x13 snare, the tone is superb, but the volume never really worked for my small area I had to play in.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I love the choice of brass for accents. Looks great.

User Info Menu

Awesome kit, Warren!!

I agree with Spaz's comment!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

What a beautiful kit, Warren! It's really hard to see the brass compliments in that picture, but I'll bet they look stunning in person. Brass on red - YESS! (see what I did there? )

I'm curious where that pic was taken. Is that your home? Club? That's a lot nicer than the places I've played!!

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Awesome informative comparison of 6 yamaha model lines, they all sound fantastic. Yamaha and Sonor are my 2 favorite manufacturers.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

My Rock Tour Custom Kit getting an airing for our forthcoming tour

42274511_10156000775633869_4697564130029076480_n (1) by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    Yamaha Rock Tour Custom with Scymtek Cymbals by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Cool kit and top of the line hardware, Kev. Well done!!!

Very nice place you have from what can be seen, IMHO!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    My Rock Tour Custom Kit getting an airing for our forthcoming tour

The only thing I can't understand is how your feet are comfortable looking at this.
    I do a big speech with all my students about setting up the kit to be comfortable and how the legs in a natural position make a V shape out.
    With both feet being even your bass drum looks far out and your hi-hat looks so tucked in close.
    Not to mention your hi hat leg is between the footboard and the double pedal?!?! how do you swap back and forth with any ease?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Cool kit and top of the line hardware, Kev. Well done!!!

Very nice place you have from what can be seen, IMHO!!
    Cheers mate This kit hasn't been used for a while so time it makes an appearance. Yes, Love our home. It is very special
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    The only thing I can't understand is how your feet are comfortable looking at this.
    I do a big speech with all my students about setting up the kit to be comfortable and how the legs in a natural position make a V shape out.
    With both feet being even your bass drum looks far out and your hi-hat looks so tucked in close.
    Not to mention your hi hat leg is between the footboard and the double pedal?!?! how do you swap back and forth with any ease?
    Have always played with my left foot closer in for some reason. Just seems more ergonomically for me. Have tried the "V" set up but I always come back to this one. The hi-hat stand had just been moved for the pic so the legs wouldn't normally be like that
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post

Just taken a couple of pics of how it should be My Bass Drum is offset & also angled out slightly as to resemble a Double Bass set up. Hi hat is now back in it's proper place

Untitled by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

I like the real deep toms, reminds me of the 1980's a bit(always a good thing). Never heard of that brand of cymbals before, I bet they sound pretty nice?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I like the real deep toms, reminds me of the 1980's a bit(always a good thing). Never heard of that brand of cymbals before, I bet they sound pretty nice?
    Me too. The Toms do sound amazing. The Cymbals are done by Brian Spaun (Spaun Drums) & I don't know of anyone else here in the UK that uses them (Yet) Great cymbals. Proper Turkish B20, Hand Hammered & Raw Bells
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Which ones would you be referring to...as far as both ends of their lines? Ive only had 3 Yamaha Kits... the first one is a 1992 "Made in England" PowerV Special 8 piece kit with twin 22" kicks (the steel snare never sounded good to me) but the rest of the kit still sounds spectacular and then there is my 6 piece Oak Customs. I did some session work on a 5 piece Yamaha Stage Custom (birch) and they sounded absolutely killer...so Im really curious what Yamaha kits you are talking about that you "hate"...and might I ask "Why you hate Yamaha "not expensive models" ?
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    i hate yamah...only expensive models are worth the money
    Now Ive just GOTTA know.."Which "Inexpensive" Yamaha Drum Kits do you "Hate" and "which ones do you "Not Hate" --- and more importantly--- Why for both questions???

User Info Menu

Warren Wright's 6 Piece Yamaha Custom Drum kit - 400% enlarged.jpg

This is my main Gigging Kit --- a 6 piece Yamaha Oak Custom kit with Brass Hoops and Brass bass drum hoop claws and a Brass Kick Port .. cymbals are Zildjian A's and thin K's except for one 16" Meinl crash. Twin hi-hats (one is on an X-hat stand) The snare is not Yamaha...its a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5. I also have an 8 piece Yamaha PowerV Special with twin 22" kicks..(no pics of it). I also have an original DTX-500 E-kit and swapped out the module to a DTX-502 module which I really like plus I reinforced the stand with extra bracing and added a hi-hat cymbal, triple triggered ride cymbal and an upgraded snare pad.
    I LOVE Yamaha drums --- and in case you havent caught on... I Own my Dream Drum Kit ~ and Im so Very Thankful that I get to play it every single week - at the very same venue -- Ive been playing that gig since '2000...the pay is always good...no smoking and no alcohol and its 2 1/2 hours total stage time with a really good 5 piece band and all the guys sing and we get along better than most families~!

User Info Menu

This is my "Gigging Kit" and honestly, the volume is just perfect for our gig...the stage has great acoustics...carpeted floor and ceiling is well insulated with soundproofing...the wall to my immediate left is soundproofed and the other wall has pictures, shelving etc. I opted for Aquarian Focus-X coated heads on the toms and an Evans EMAD coated on the kick batter and an Evans EQ3 ported head on the reso with a brass kickport in the reso head.
    They sing out beautifully with killer tone without over-ring. The stage is approximately 20' wide x 24' deep.

User Info Menu

That was taken at a recording studio I worked at on an album. I loved his "drum room"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post
    Now Ive just GOTTA know.."Which "Inexpensive" Yamaha Drum Kits do you "Hate" and "which ones do you "Not Hate" --- and more importantly--- Why for both questions???
    I love my inexpensive yammies and always will!DSC01558.jpgDSC01427.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post
    I wouldn't sweat Olly's "hate . . . Yamaha" statement. I think it was just one of those "thinking out loud" kind of interjections that we all tend to make and then, upon further thought, wish we hadn't. I try to re-read all my posts several times before hitting that "Post Reply" icon. Many times I still think that I may have come across too harshly or said something that might be interpreted wrongly, so I have to go back in and edit my text. Still, even those precautions and I'll end up saying something that a few people take the wrong way. It's just the bane of trying to impersonally communicate with thousands of people while ruffling no feathers during the process.

GeeDeeEmm
    Last edited by gdmoore28; 09-25-2018 at 11:29 AM.

User Info Menu

Cant say Ive never been guilty of that same thing - wish I could but that would be stretching the truth like the typical politicians do on a daily basis~!