Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Yes!!
    Rocker Elites!
    I have a 16 tom still holdin on to it, as I like the sound

User Info Menu

I've got a heavily modified Ludwig Accent Custom (One of the higher end Accent kits after CS Combo which is the cheapest but still a quality instrument and Accent CS) after finding a great deal at my local music store
    Last edited by therocker; 04-07-2009 at 08:32 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    I've got a heavily modified Ludwig Accent after finding a great deal at my local music store
    What did you get ?

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    What did you get ?
    I dont know but my doctor says its gettin better lol
    sorry had to do it. Nuff Said

User Info Menu

nice Lar! -Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    I dont know but my doctor says its gettin better lol
    sorry had to do it. Nuff Said
    very funny Larry.........that sounds like one of my typical replies...

User Info Menu

has anyone tried a vistalite snare?

User Info Menu

My uncle has one I think. I havn't got to hear it yet.

User Info Menu

Ok a few years back my church decided to get a new drum set cause the old one "was old". I wasn't there when this happened and they sold the kit (i'm sure for a minimal price) to one of the other guys in the church and bought an entry level PDP kit which sounds horrible (it has stock heads and nothings reaqlly been done). Anyway I found out that the set they got rid of was an old 5 piece Luddy Vistalite in the clear blue finish. I haven't seen it but I want it. The guy who has them doesn't even play, he bought them to learn and now they're just sitting in his garage. What do you think would be a fair price to offer him. He says they're in good shape with a few scratches but nothing mechanically wrong with them. I've seen similar on ebay for anywhere between $600-$1,500. I really want this kit. What do you think.

User Info Menu

My uncle has the blue virsatle. If they are in good shape, then I would offer a little more. Make a good but low starting offer then make your way up from there.

User Info Menu

Maybe you should start by getting the church drums to sound good?

They say one good deed.....
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Ok a few years back my church decided to get a new drum set cause the old one "was old". I wasn't there when this happened and they sold the kit (i'm sure for a minimal price) to one of the other guys in the church and bought an entry level PDP kit which sounds horrible (it has stock heads and nothings reaqlly been done). Anyway I found out that the set they got rid of was an old 5 piece Luddy Vistalite in the clear blue finish. I haven't seen it but I want it. The guy who has them doesn't even play, he bought them to learn and now they're just sitting in his garage. What do you think would be a fair price to offer him. He says they're in good shape with a few scratches but nothing mechanically wrong with them. I've seen similar on ebay for anywhere between $600-$1,500. I really want this kit. What do you think.
    I think you would be a very proud owner . My friennd bought a new set in 1978 and not only looked good but sounded good.

Best of luck , and remember as stated already......start low cause you can always go higher , once you start high you cant go lower .

User Info Menu

hey has anyone tried the new ludwig centennials yet? im starting a production kit and need to know how they rate versus pdp platinums and the new yamaha stage customs

User Info Menu

Sorry MD , I cant help ya on that one , I can only rate the low end and upper end Ludwigs . I havent had the opportunity to see any intermediate Luddy's .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    has anyone tried a vistalite snare?

hey has anyone tried the new ludwig centennials yet? im starting a production kit and need to know how they rate versus pdp platinums and the new yamaha stage customs
    I have a new Vistalite snare, a 6-1/2" x 14". Great sound and pop. Not as warm or versatile as a wood snare, but it definitely has a nice sound to it. I mainly bought it to round out the rest of my Vistalite kit. I've never played one of the older Vistalite snares.

I did have a Centennial kit for a short time right after they came out. It's a great bargain for what you get and definitely a big step up from the Accent series. Booming sound and nice finish (I had the silver sparkle lacquer). The only reason I don't still have it is I traded it back so I could get the one of the new Vistalite kits.
    Last edited by shoedaddy; 01-29-2009 at 11:49 AM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

Larrysperf Guest

My drum store has some sets and they look very nice but I have not played them. I can tell you that Ludwig inter. kits are and sound very very good. I play mine more than my Maple classic kit. Nuff Said

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Maybe you should start by getting the church drums to sound good?

They say one good deed.....
    I already did, I took the church kit home and took my Pearls to the church. lol

User Info Menu

i dont get it. how in the world could centennials be a mid level kit? theyre 100% maple

User Info Menu

Hi everyone 1st time posting Here's a picture of my kit
    Attached Images Attached Images

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post

As Larry likes to say..NUFF SAID.
    Still go awwww every time I see your set. Nuff Said

Larrysperf Guest

i dont get it. how in the world could centennials be a mid level kit? theyre 100% maple
    Mortal they are an Intermiadiate kit middle price range Da. Nuff Said

User Info Menu

im suspicious of the short shell depths

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paicefan View Post
    Welcome to DrumChat paicefan! That is a beautiful ludwig kit brother..Classic maples? Love the chrome..Lokks like you are also a John Bonham fan! -Les

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paicefan View Post
    Very nice and Welcome