Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1386

Thread: Ludwig Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Definitely need to see those! With Giant Beats or 2002s?
    in the meantime PM me and I will send you some....

User Info Menu

Just saw this today in a local shop...mmmmmm sounds so freakin nice too. New Ludwig Copper phonic

[IMG][/IMG]
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

+1 on the Copperphonic - absolutely gorgeous! I would love to hear one. Ludwig knows a lot about copper - they have made world class tympani for decades. I'm sure some of that copper knowledge is going into these snares.

Another Ludwig snare that caught my eye recently is the Carl Palmer Signature snare - piccolo type snare. Check out the picture.

User Info Menu

Both are gorgeous snares.......................Ludwig is the king of metal snares!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Just saw this today in a local shop...mmmmmm sounds so freakin nice too. New Ludwig Copper phonic

[IMG][/IMG]
    Hey MDK! I just bought a 14x6.5 Copper Phonic like the one in your picture. OMG - what a snare! I have a Ludwig Legacy, an Acrolite and a Black Beauty snare but I'm telling ya - if I had to do the desert island thing and take only one snare, I think it would be the Copper Phonic. It seems to have a bit of all the other snares characteristics (including the wood one) rolled into one sweet package. I'll post a review and pics this weekend if I get a chance.

User Info Menu

Here is a pic of my new recent 2015 custom order Ludwig Legacy Green Sparkle Bonham spec kit....took about 4 months to get.
    Sorry it took so long to post fellas.. If you order a new one this is what they look like. It isn't the Vintage model where the B/O badges
    are toward the bass drum reso head and I decided to go with the new rail consolette instead. I do have the L-Arm bass drum ride
    cymbal mount stand that I have to mount. I ordered it with curved spurs, B/O badges, tone controls, T-handles & claw hooks, med & heavy coated heads for
    reso & batter side, felt strip on the kick batter with a ritchie ring on the reso. Any questions feel free to ask. The custom maples can be ordered exactly
    the same......cheers!
    Last edited by Music72; 09-14-2015 at 07:24 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Music72 View Post

Here is a pic of my new recent 2015 custom order Ludwig Legacy Green Sparkle Bonham spec kit....took about 4 months to get.
    Sorry it took so long to post fellas.. If you order a new one this is what they look like. It isn't the Vintage model where the B/O badges
    are toward the bass drum reso head and I decided to go with the new rail consolette instead. I do have the L-Arm bass drum ride
    cymbal mount stand that I have to mount. I ordered it with curved spurs, B/O badges, tone controls, T-handles & claw hooks, med & heavy coated heads for
    reso & batter side, felt strip on the kick batter with a ritchie ring on the reso. Any questions feel free to ask. The custom maples can be ordered exactly
    the same......cheers!
    Sweet kit! That's a heavy duty ride stand you've got there too! Congrats!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Music72 View Post

the same......cheers!
    Beautiful......enjoy!

User Info Menu

Awesome kit Music72!! I have Legacies as well (Liverpool 4 kit) and I absolutely love them. Good call on the curved spurs and the rail mount. I really like the new rail mount. It is extremely sturdy and there is a lot of range in the positions you can set it.

Wow - you must be stoked - what a kit! Enjoy!!

User Info Menu

WOW..............looks great.
    I bet it sounds great too.

Check out this video :

https://youtu.be/JiJkb8r3YH4
    Last edited by Ricardo; 09-15-2015 at 02:04 PM.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post

Check out this video :

They sound fantastic!, and thanks for the video....that kit looks stellar on stage !

User Info Menu

Thanks! yes I used a stand with a counter weight for the Paiste 2002 24" ride but will
    be mounting the bass drum L-Arm ride cymbal stand soon and removing that big one out of the way.

User Info Menu

My ultimate snare is Ludwig. Either Class Maple or Sensitive.

I play:

Drums & Hardware: DW.

Cymbals: Paiste.

Heads: Evans.

Sticks: Vic Firth and Pro Mark 5A, 7A.

User Info Menu

Check out this video :

Does anyone know the scale/size of the 3 interlocking rings decal Bonham had on his green sparkle kit and, how to go about getting one for my green sparkle kit ??

Thanks !

User Info Menu

Check out this video :

Hey, I know that guy in the video ! He helped me out when I was ordering mine. That's Derek Smith aka Mr.MojoRisin1967 from youtube ! He just got the job as John Bonham in Led Zepagain Tribute band. He is excellent! He has all replica's of all of Bonzo's kits even the Showco shirt he used to wear LOL ! Check him out on youtube if you haven't already !!!
    Cheers !

User Info Menu

My 1965 Ludwig Hollywood set w/ few extras

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Just picked up a Ludwig ELEMENT Icon birch shell kit. 4 pc, 1 up and 1 down.
    For whatever reason, I am not allowed to post pictures.
    MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wOOdshedd View Post
    Just picked up a Ludwig ELEMENT Icon birch shell kit. 4 pc, 1 up and 1 down.
    For whatever reason, I am not allowed to post pictures.
    Pretty sure you have to have a certain number of posts before you can post pics..................not sure what the minimum requirement is though

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    Hey MDK! I just bought a 14x6.5 Copper Phonic like the one in your picture. OMG - what a snare! I have a Ludwig Legacy, an Acrolite and a Black Beauty snare but I'm telling ya - if I had to do the desert island thing and take only one snare, I think it would be the Copper Phonic. It seems to have a bit of all the other snares characteristics (including the wood one) rolled into one sweet package. I'll post a review and pics this weekend if I get a chance.
    Nice have you done the review yet? When I heard it in the store I was blown away. Hard to describe but jack of all trades is a great start.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Pretty sure you have to have a certain number of posts before you can post pics..................not sure what the minimum requirement is though
    Okay.. Thanks, I was wondering.
    MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post

Beside the drums, the thing that really stands out about that photo is the neat stage. Makes everything on it look downright classy, doesn't it?

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Nice have you done the review yet? When I heard it in the store I was blown away. Hard to describe but jack of all trades is a great start.
    Yes MDK, I did do a review of the Copperphonic snare. Look under the Drumset Forum for the thread "New Ludwig Copperphonic Snare'.

Cheers!

User Info Menu

1981 6ply Maple. Drums I use for a 4 piece set up. Just got the single tom holder.
    Really like it.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

Beautiful, lovely, classic - what else can you say about that kit? One big thing missing, though - a white logo head on the front of the bass drum! Ludwig and black reso heads have never made the best of friends. Do that lady a favor and give her the face she deserves!

GeeDeeEmm