Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1360

Thread: Ludwig Drums Discussion

  1. #1326

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    I have my sales guy at Swee****er reaching out to Ludwig to know for sure. Hopefully that P1728 is what gets shipped with them. And yes, just to set the height of the legs. Thx.
    Past Drum Kits (R.I.P.)
    - Apollo (5 pc) in Natural Wood
    - Ludwig (7 pc) in Chrome over Maple
    - Simmons SDS 5 Pc (mistake lol)
    - Tama Superstar Double Bass (10pc) in Cherry Stain
    - Pearl Export (12 pc) in Wine Red
    - Tama Rockstar Double Bass (10 pc) in Purple Wrap
    - Mapex Orion Classic (6pc) in Birdseye Maple with Gold Hardware
    - DW Collectors (8 pc) in Red Sparkle Wrap with Gold Hardware
    - Mapex Pro M (5 pc) in Purple Stain
    - DDrum (4 pc) in Orange Vistalite
    - Mapex Meridian (4 pc) in Satin Maple
    - Mapex Pro M (5 pc) in Crimson Swirl
    - Mapex Saturn (6pc) in Wax Natural Maple
    - PDP Concept Maple (7 pc) in Blue Sparkle
    - Mothership I (Mapex Saturn in Purple Sparkle)
    - Mothership II (Mapex Saturn in Satin Mapa Burl)
    - Mothership III (Gretsch USA Custom in Savannah Sunset Duco)
    - Mothership IV (DW Collectors in Broken Glass)
    - Mothership V (DW Collectors in Ruby Glass)
    Current Drum Kit
    - Mothership VI (Ludwig Classic Maple in Vintage White Marine)

  2. #1327

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by iNDiGLo View Post
    Can someone tell me if Ludwig Drumsets come with memory locks for the floor toms? I ordered a Ludwig Classic Maple kit which should be here in about 2 months and have no idea if it will come with memory locks. Looking at Ludwigs website i don't even see any kits in their photo galleries with memory locks.

    Thanks.
    I ordered and got mine CM kit last year and it came with them but they are cheesy. They work but do not flow well IMO. Something ludwig could easily improve upon. I can post a closeup of them later tonight if you like? I hate them but they work
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16

    Sabian HHX 21" ride and HHX Hats, AAX crashes,

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  3. #1328

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I ordered and got mine CM kit last year and it came with them but they are cheesy. They work but do not flow well IMO. Something ludwig could easily improve upon. I can post a closeup of them later tonight if you like? I hate them but they work
    Ludwig reported back that the floor tom legs on the new Classic Maple kits are 12mm. So i ordered 9 of the PLH1133 (Ludwig Atlas Memory Locks). Although my kit is coming with Triad Brackets because i don't like the Atlas stuff so who knows if what i ordered will even work. I find it strange that the kit doesn't come with memory locks for the floor toms. (smh). This kit isn't cheap either. Here is what a PLH1133 looks like. Is this what you have?

    Ludwig.jpg
    Past Drum Kits (R.I.P.)
    - Apollo (5 pc) in Natural Wood
    - Ludwig (7 pc) in Chrome over Maple
    - Simmons SDS 5 Pc (mistake lol)
    - Tama Superstar Double Bass (10pc) in Cherry Stain
    - Pearl Export (12 pc) in Wine Red
    - Tama Rockstar Double Bass (10 pc) in Purple Wrap
    - Mapex Orion Classic (6pc) in Birdseye Maple with Gold Hardware
    - DW Collectors (8 pc) in Red Sparkle Wrap with Gold Hardware
    - Mapex Pro M (5 pc) in Purple Stain
    - DDrum (4 pc) in Orange Vistalite
    - Mapex Meridian (4 pc) in Satin Maple
    - Mapex Pro M (5 pc) in Crimson Swirl
    - Mapex Saturn (6pc) in Wax Natural Maple
    - PDP Concept Maple (7 pc) in Blue Sparkle
    - Mothership I (Mapex Saturn in Purple Sparkle)
    - Mothership II (Mapex Saturn in Satin Mapa Burl)
    - Mothership III (Gretsch USA Custom in Savannah Sunset Duco)
    - Mothership IV (DW Collectors in Broken Glass)
    - Mothership V (DW Collectors in Ruby Glass)
    Current Drum Kit
    - Mothership VI (Ludwig Classic Maple in Vintage White Marine)

  4. #1329

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Oh wow, sorry if I may have mislead with the 9.5mm size. I did not know but that’s what came up when searching. Plus, I know the vintage Ludwig's used 9.5mm.
    You could just lock that baby (PLH1133) on the leg against the bottom of the floor tom leg mount. Doesn’t look like it has a tab or anything so that’s fine.
    As far as memory, how will you know which leg goes where unless you mark them?
    Last edited by Olimpass; 07-22-2020 at 09:58 PM.

  5. #1330

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Oh wow, sorry if I may have mislead with the 9.5mm size. I did not know but that’s what came up when searching. Plus, I know the vintage Ludwig's used 9.5mm.
    You could just lock that baby (PLH1133) on the leg against the bottom of the floor tom leg mount. Doesn’t look like it has a tab or anything so that’s fine.
    As far as memory, how will you know which leg goes where unless you mark them?
    I mark everything. I’m OCD that way.
    Past Drum Kits (R.I.P.)
    - Apollo (5 pc) in Natural Wood
    - Ludwig (7 pc) in Chrome over Maple
    - Simmons SDS 5 Pc (mistake lol)
    - Tama Superstar Double Bass (10pc) in Cherry Stain
    - Pearl Export (12 pc) in Wine Red
    - Tama Rockstar Double Bass (10 pc) in Purple Wrap
    - Mapex Orion Classic (6pc) in Birdseye Maple with Gold Hardware
    - DW Collectors (8 pc) in Red Sparkle Wrap with Gold Hardware
    - Mapex Pro M (5 pc) in Purple Stain
    - DDrum (4 pc) in Orange Vistalite
    - Mapex Meridian (4 pc) in Satin Maple
    - Mapex Pro M (5 pc) in Crimson Swirl
    - Mapex Saturn (6pc) in Wax Natural Maple
    - PDP Concept Maple (7 pc) in Blue Sparkle
    - Mothership I (Mapex Saturn in Purple Sparkle)
    - Mothership II (Mapex Saturn in Satin Mapa Burl)
    - Mothership III (Gretsch USA Custom in Savannah Sunset Duco)
    - Mothership IV (DW Collectors in Broken Glass)
    - Mothership V (DW Collectors in Ruby Glass)
    Current Drum Kit
    - Mothership VI (Ludwig Classic Maple in Vintage White Marine)

  6. #1331

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by iNDiGLo View Post
    Ludwig reported back that the floor tom legs on the new Classic Maple kits are 12mm. So i ordered 9 of the PLH1133 (Ludwig Atlas Memory Locks). Although my kit is coming with Triad Brackets because i don't like the Atlas stuff so who knows if what i ordered will even work. I find it strange that the kit doesn't come with memory locks for the floor toms. (smh). This kit isn't cheap either. Here is what a PLH1133 looks like. Is this what you have?

    Ludwig.jpg
    Yes that is exactly what I have. I hate them, they do not cozy right up to the lug. Not a big deal but if your as OCD as me it will bother you. I live with it but wish they would come out with something better. One of mine was bent up but luckiliy I am only a few miles away from DCP where I bought the kit and they had extra's laying around. Someday I will look into after market or other manufacturers memory locks that look and function better. The CM Kit is expensive but I have had other top tier kits in the past that although sound good do not have nearly the tuning range of CM's, or the hardware options and were way way more expensive. T
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16

    Sabian HHX 21" ride and HHX Hats, AAX crashes,

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  7. #1332

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Well for me, I wouldn’t use a floor tom memory lock unless the actual leg mount went out. That’d be a good time to have one of those handy. Or a very small pair of vise grips...lol.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 07-23-2020 at 07:48 PM.

  8. #1333

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Well for me, I wouldn’t use a floor tom memory lock unless the actual leg mount went out. That’d be a good time to have one of those handy. Or a very small pair of vise grips...lol.
    Leg mount went out? Memory locks are great on floor toms when gigging? If you gig a lot they are almost a necessity.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16

    Sabian HHX 21" ride and HHX Hats, AAX crashes,

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  9. #1334

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    I have never had to worry about a leg slipping after tightening the leg mount. Of course there were different types of leg mounts too. Those push tab type may slip once in awhile but then we’d use a hose clamp under it.
    It’s just another fastener or tool that they can sell you. Not necessarily a necessity. I’ve never had one on any kit I’ve owned.
    Especially not for memory!
    Memory locks on toms are great but for floor tom legs? I’ll pass.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 07-24-2020 at 06:28 AM.

  10. #1335

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    I have never had to worry about a leg slipping after tightening the leg mount. Of course there were different types of leg mounts too. Those push tab type may slip once in awhile but then we’d use a hose clamp under it.
    It’s just another fastener or tool that they can sell you. Not necessarily a necessity. I’ve never had one on any kit I’ve owned.
    Especially not for memory!
    Memory locks on toms are great but for floor tom legs? I’ll pass.
    yeah I use them more for the quick set up so I am not adjusting legs a few times every time I gig.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16

    Sabian HHX 21" ride and HHX Hats, AAX crashes,

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  11. #1336

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    yeah I use them more for the quick set up so I am not adjusting legs a few times every time I gig.
    That’s fine my friend. It’s just not for me. It’d be no fun if we all were the same. I can respect others opinions and or needs. All the best, friends!

  12. #1337

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Two words not in my drum vocabulary are: vise grips and hose clamps.

    How if i'm in the garage wrenching on my Jeep then its a different story.

    Past Drum Kits (R.I.P.)
    - Apollo (5 pc) in Natural Wood
    - Ludwig (7 pc) in Chrome over Maple
    - Simmons SDS 5 Pc (mistake lol)
    - Tama Superstar Double Bass (10pc) in Cherry Stain
    - Pearl Export (12 pc) in Wine Red
    - Tama Rockstar Double Bass (10 pc) in Purple Wrap
    - Mapex Orion Classic (6pc) in Birdseye Maple with Gold Hardware
    - DW Collectors (8 pc) in Red Sparkle Wrap with Gold Hardware
    - Mapex Pro M (5 pc) in Purple Stain
    - DDrum (4 pc) in Orange Vistalite
    - Mapex Meridian (4 pc) in Satin Maple
    - Mapex Pro M (5 pc) in Crimson Swirl
    - Mapex Saturn (6pc) in Wax Natural Maple
    - PDP Concept Maple (7 pc) in Blue Sparkle
    - Mothership I (Mapex Saturn in Purple Sparkle)
    - Mothership II (Mapex Saturn in Satin Mapa Burl)
    - Mothership III (Gretsch USA Custom in Savannah Sunset Duco)
    - Mothership IV (DW Collectors in Broken Glass)
    - Mothership V (DW Collectors in Ruby Glass)
    Current Drum Kit
    - Mothership VI (Ludwig Classic Maple in Vintage White Marine)

  13. #1338

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by iNDiGLo View Post
    Two words not in my drum vocabulary are: vise grips and hose clamps.
    Hahaha...good one.
    Wait... not even duct tape? Haha
    Last edited by Olimpass; 07-24-2020 at 07:51 PM.

  14. #1339

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Duct tape is the universal tool. I can fix anything with duct tape.
    Past Drum Kits (R.I.P.)
    - Apollo (5 pc) in Natural Wood
    - Ludwig (7 pc) in Chrome over Maple
    - Simmons SDS 5 Pc (mistake lol)
    - Tama Superstar Double Bass (10pc) in Cherry Stain
    - Pearl Export (12 pc) in Wine Red
    - Tama Rockstar Double Bass (10 pc) in Purple Wrap
    - Mapex Orion Classic (6pc) in Birdseye Maple with Gold Hardware
    - DW Collectors (8 pc) in Red Sparkle Wrap with Gold Hardware
    - Mapex Pro M (5 pc) in Purple Stain
    - DDrum (4 pc) in Orange Vistalite
    - Mapex Meridian (4 pc) in Satin Maple
    - Mapex Pro M (5 pc) in Crimson Swirl
    - Mapex Saturn (6pc) in Wax Natural Maple
    - PDP Concept Maple (7 pc) in Blue Sparkle
    - Mothership I (Mapex Saturn in Purple Sparkle)
    - Mothership II (Mapex Saturn in Satin Mapa Burl)
    - Mothership III (Gretsch USA Custom in Savannah Sunset Duco)
    - Mothership IV (DW Collectors in Broken Glass)
    - Mothership V (DW Collectors in Ruby Glass)
    Current Drum Kit
    - Mothership VI (Ludwig Classic Maple in Vintage White Marine)

  15. #1340

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Acquired this the other week. Ludwig Black Magic 14x8. Looks unplayed Not sure what to do with it at the moment. Use it myself or sell on........ Tempted to try an Evans Hybrid on it that I have lying around doing nothing............

    4018943B-B7F5-4F0F-8682-98F10C8CD634_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    A6A9441D-6515-45F0-86DD-00A94C3FA41E_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    107407941_275572957207741_686066005284427733_n by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    The Varukers.

  16. #1341

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevaruka View Post
    Acquired this the other week. Ludwig Black Magic 14x8. Looks unplayed Not sure what to do with it at the moment. Use it myself or sell on........ Tempted to try an Evans Hybrid on it that I have lying around doing nothing............
    107407941_275572957207741_686066005284427733_n by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    Wow, love this picture!
    Looks like it could be Darth Vaderís snare drum.
    Acquiring minds want to know, how does she sound?

  17. #1342

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Wow, love this picture!
    Looks like it could be Darth Vader’s snare drum.
    Acquiring minds want to know, how does she sound?
    No idea as to how it sounds as I haven't hit it yet :(
    The Varukers.

  18. #1343

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Got my Ludwig Breakbeats kit set up in the drum room with some sweet Sabian AAX cymbals and a Sabian Chad Smith Holy China! Time to make friends with the neighbors! ������

    FED31D6A-5C5F-4483-A066-9249D036DCAA.jpg
    Six piece Mapex Armory, Mapex Black Panther Blade and Mapex Exterminator snare drums, Sabian AAX cymbals.


  19. #1344

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Got my Ludwig Breakbeats kit set up in the drum room with some sweet Sabian AAX cymbals and a Sabian Chad Smith Holy China! Time to make friends with the neighbors! ������

    FED31D6A-5C5F-4483-A066-9249D036DCAA.jpg
    That looks like it’ll be fun!

  20. #1345

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion


  21. #1346

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Beautiful kit! What are the sizes on the toms?
    Six piece Mapex Armory, Mapex Black Panther Blade and Mapex Exterminator snare drums, Sabian AAX cymbals.


  22. #1347

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Beautiful kit! What are the sizes on the toms?
    Thanks, it’s a Downbeat Kit. 12,14, 20” bass drum. I added a 16” floor tom. Using a 14x10” marching snare.

  23. #1348

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Wow, love this picture!
    Looks like it could be Darth Vaderís snare drum.
    Acquiring minds want to know, how does she sound?
    Yeah, Kev I have the 7X13 and I put a INDe throw on it and a HD dry and a Pure sound custom pro 20 strand snare wires on it! It's really a great snare! I like it! lol.DSC01698.jpg

  24. #1349

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Six piece Mapex Armory, Mapex Black Panther Blade and Mapex Exterminator snare drums, Sabian AAX cymbals.


  25. #1350

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Just lovin' the blue!!!!
    Signature here

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •