Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,276 to 1,295 of 1295

Thread: Ludwig Drums Discussion

  1. #1276

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Anyone know if this is a club date? I cannot find images of another club date with those badges and or that color? If it is any idea what wood type or make up it is?
    luddy.jpg
    Mapex Saturn V

    Sabian HHX 21" ride and AAX crashes, Zildjian 14" K hybrid hats

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  2. #1277

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Anyone know if this is a club date? I cannot find images of another club date with those badges and or that color? If it is any idea what wood type or make up it is?
    luddy.jpg
    Looks like a re-wrap with new floor tom legs and new bass drum spurs.

    clubby_1.jpg

    clubby_4.jpg

  3. #1278

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Looking at ordering a made for me Classic maple 3 or 4 pc kit and was told 16-20 week lead time? WTH man really? for a wrapped drum kit?
    Mapex Saturn V

    Sabian HHX 21" ride and AAX crashes, Zildjian 14" K hybrid hats

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  4. #1279

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Looking at ordering a made for me Classic maple 3 or 4 pc kit and was told 16-20 week lead time? WTH man really? for a wrapped drum kit?
    A common wait-time for USA made shell packs................like the Corvette, they don't make any spec-kits.
    I agree that one would think that a wrapped kit would be delivered quicker than a wood finish.
    For instant gratification, buy off the floor of a dealer or go the used route.

    First time I ever went to Forks, there were two or three of everything on the sales floor -- Tama/Pearl/Ludwig/DW/Yamaha..........along with 28 Gretsch USA shell packs.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)


  5. #1280

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Anyone know if this is a club date? I cannot find images of another club date with those badges and or that color? If it is any idea what wood type or make up it is?
    luddy.jpg
    From the hoop it almost looks like mahogany. But I'm no Ludwig expert. Nice looking kit however.
    Signature here

  6. #1281

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    A common wait-time for USA made shell packs................like the Corvette, they don't make any spec-kits.
    I agree that one would think that a wrapped kit would be delivered quicker than a wood finish.
    For instant gratification, buy off the floor of a dealer or go the used route.

    First time I ever went to Forks, there were two or three of everything on the sales floor -- Tama/Pearl/Ludwig/DW/Yamaha..........along with 28 Gretsch USA shell packs.
    Yeah I thought about that I am 25 miles away from a great drum store that rhymes with "crumb menter of Fortsmith" The problem with buying off the floor (which I have always done) is you cannot get the small details you want, like a 22 x 16 bd with the ride cymbal mount already installed on the bd in the color I want with different color hoop inlays and mini lugs.. etc etc : ) I was expecting 8-12 weeks but 16-20 seems ludicrous. I really want the experience of buying custom as well. I know it's probably stupid and will cost me a little more but what can I say.

    I gave all my specs to sweep water as well but have not heard back from them in 3 days.
    Last edited by MDK; 05-23-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    Mapex Saturn V

    Sabian HHX 21" ride and AAX crashes, Zildjian 14" K hybrid hats

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  7. #1282

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Yeah I thought about that I am 25 miles away from a great drum store that rhymes with "crumb menter of Fortsmith" The problem with buying off the floor (which I have always done) is you cannot get the small details you want, like a 22 x 16 bd with the ride cymbal mount already installed on the bd in the color I want with different color hoop inlays and mini lugs.. etc etc : ) I was expecting 8-12 weeks but 16-20 seems ludicrous. I really want the experience of buying custom as well. I know it's probably stupid and will cost me a little more but what can I say.

    I gave all my specs to sweep water as well but have not heard back from them in 3 days.
    Hahahahah ummm yeah poetry....not so much. Sounds like you are going to spend some bucks. Welcome to Club Spaz. You remember that picture routine so I don't need to remind you...
    Signature here

  8. #1283

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Hahahahah ummm yeah poetry....not so much. Sounds like you are going to spend some bucks. Welcome to Club Spaz. You remember that picture routine so I don't need to remind you...
    LOL, Yeah I know it well. I am all over the map right now, I wanted a a higher end birch kit for gigging but after playing a classic maple for a few songs I must have one. I still want a higher end birch as well and will eventually get both if I can sell a few things.
    Mapex Saturn V

    Sabian HHX 21" ride and AAX crashes, Zildjian 14" K hybrid hats

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  9. #1284

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    LOL, Yeah I know it well. I am all over the map right now, I wanted a a higher end birch kit for gigging but after playing a classic maple for a few songs I must have one. I still want a higher end birch as well and will eventually get both if I can sell a few things.
    If you are anything like me, you won't be satisfied until you do exactly what you want. No short cuts, no settling. It's a good illness to have. I guess the hard part is when you decide you are going for it, then you have to design it and remember it's yours personally. Spend wisely.
    Signature here

  10. #1285

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Anyone know if this is a club date? I cannot find images of another club date with those badges and or that color? If it is any idea what wood type or make up it is?
    luddy.jpg
    Yes it is. Looks like the Olive Sparkle wrap finish.

    6 Ply Cherry / Gumwood Shells
    Consolette Tom Mounting
    Rounded Dual 35 Bearing Edge
    Natural Inlay on Bass Drum Hoops
    Classic Twin Lugs

    ClubDatePearl.jpg
    Last edited by dangermoney; 05-24-2019 at 10:58 AM.

  11. #1286

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Looking at ordering a made for me Classic maple 3 or 4 pc kit and was told 16-20 week lead time? WTH man really? for a wrapped drum kit?
    Check out Ludwig's quick pick options. They have drums on hand for common sizes and finishes. I ordered a Ludwig CM kit a couple of years ago from my local 5 Star shop in 14x22, 8x12, 14x14 black sparkle and got it in 4 weeks.

    I just ordered a matching CM snare, 6.5x14 in black sparkle. Got it in 3 weeks.
    Last edited by dangermoney; 05-24-2019 at 11:00 AM.

  12. #1287

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Check out Ludwig's quick pick options. They have drums on hand for common sizes and finishes. I ordered a Ludwig CM kit a couple of years ago from my local 5 Star shop in 14x22, 8x12, 14x14 black sparkle and got it in 4 weeks.

    I just ordered a matching CM snare, 6.5x14 in black sparkle. Got it in 3 weeks.
    Awesome, do you have any pics of that black sparkle? I been going back and forth between the black sparkle and the black galaxy
    Mapex Saturn V

    Sabian HHX 21" ride and AAX crashes, Zildjian 14" K hybrid hats

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  13. #1288

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Awesome, do you have any pics of that black sparkle? I been going back and forth between the black sparkle and the black galaxy
    I didn't realize there was more than one choice. If the black galaxy is like my snare drum.....I like lots if glitter (bigger to an extent) I'd probably go black sparkle.

    This shows the black galaxy (if my information is accurate).

    Signature here

  14. #1289

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Anyone know if this is a club date? I cannot find images of another club date with those badges and or that color? If it is any idea what wood type or make up it is?
    luddy.jpg
    It's a 2014? Club Date SE, seems like a lower model made in Taiwan 6ply cherry and gum wood, and that color is Olive sparkle
    Last edited by myk; 05-25-2019 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Adding info

  15. #1290

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Awesome, do you have any pics of that black sparkle? I been going back and forth between the black sparkle and the black galaxy
    Sorry for the delayed response. I don't have any great pics, below is all that I have.

    The thing about the Delmar black sparkle wrap that Ludwig uses is that the sparkles are actually a minty green color that give off a green hue in daylight that is hard to photograph. The sparkle effect also looks great under stage lights.

    I've never seen Black Galaxy in person so I can't really offer any useful comments on that wrap. But I do prefer Black Sparkle for its simplicity and for the reasons above. I'm glad I went with it.

    I'll try to get some more photos under lights from my upcoming gigs.

    Hope this helps ...

    CM BS 2.jpg

    CM BS 1.jpg

    CM BS 3.jpg

  16. #1291

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response. I don't have any great pics, below is all that I have.

    The thing about the Delmar black sparkle wrap that Ludwig uses is that the sparkles are actually a minty green color that give off a green hue in daylight that is hard to photograph. The sparkle effect also looks great under stage lights.

    I've never seen Black Galaxy in person so I can't really offer any useful comments on that wrap. But I do prefer Black Sparkle for its simplicity and for the reasons above. I'm glad I went with it.

    I'll try to get some more photos under lights from my upcoming gigs.

    Hope this helps ...

    CM BS 2.jpg

    CM BS 1.jpg

    CM BS 3.jpg

    Ludwig sparkles have been awesome since the 60's when they first caught my eye. They were even in color back then.
    Signature here

  17. #1292

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Still loving this kit
    YvRYdLtcTWCwNpXySk6yvQ.jpg

  18. #1293

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    -Brian

    "Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

    Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

    "I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

  19. #1294

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Thanks

  20. #1295

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Still loving this kit
    YvRYdLtcTWCwNpXySk6yvQ.jpg
    Yeah, not sure that Tommy Lee thing works for you there, Marc.
    Signature here

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •