Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1386

Thread: Ludwig Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig Drums Discussion

Anyone know if this is a club date? I cannot find images of another club date with those badges and or that color? If it is any idea what wood type or make up it is?
    luddy.jpg
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Anyone know if this is a club date? I cannot find images of another club date with those badges and or that color? If it is any idea what wood type or make up it is?
    luddy.jpg
    Looks like a re-wrap with new floor tom legs and new bass drum spurs.

clubby_1.jpg

clubby_4.jpg

User Info Menu

Looking at ordering a made for me Classic maple 3 or 4 pc kit and was told 16-20 week lead time? WTH man really? for a wrapped drum kit?
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Looking at ordering a made for me Classic maple 3 or 4 pc kit and was told 16-20 week lead time? WTH man really? for a wrapped drum kit?
    A common wait-time for USA made shell packs................like the Corvette, they don't make any spec-kits.
    I agree that one would think that a wrapped kit would be delivered quicker than a wood finish.
    For instant gratification, buy off the floor of a dealer or go the used route.

First time I ever went to Forks, there were two or three of everything on the sales floor -- Tama/Pearl/Ludwig/DW/Yamaha..........along with 28 Gretsch USA shell packs.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

luddy.jpg
    From the hoop it almost looks like mahogany. But I'm no Ludwig expert. Nice looking kit however.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    A common wait-time for USA made shell packs................like the Corvette, they don't make any spec-kits.
    I agree that one would think that a wrapped kit would be delivered quicker than a wood finish.
    For instant gratification, buy off the floor of a dealer or go the used route.

First time I ever went to Forks, there were two or three of everything on the sales floor -- Tama/Pearl/Ludwig/DW/Yamaha..........along with 28 Gretsch USA shell packs.
    Yeah I thought about that I am 25 miles away from a great drum store that rhymes with "crumb menter of Fortsmith" The problem with buying off the floor (which I have always done) is you cannot get the small details you want, like a 22 x 16 bd with the ride cymbal mount already installed on the bd in the color I want with different color hoop inlays and mini lugs.. etc etc : ) I was expecting 8-12 weeks but 16-20 seems ludicrous. I really want the experience of buying custom as well. I know it's probably stupid and will cost me a little more but what can I say.

I gave all my specs to sweep water as well but have not heard back from them in 3 days.
    Last edited by MDK; 05-23-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Yeah I thought about that I am 25 miles away from a great drum store that rhymes with "crumb menter of Fortsmith" The problem with buying off the floor (which I have always done) is you cannot get the small details you want, like a 22 x 16 bd with the ride cymbal mount already installed on the bd in the color I want with different color hoop inlays and mini lugs.. etc etc : ) I was expecting 8-12 weeks but 16-20 seems ludicrous. I really want the experience of buying custom as well. I know it's probably stupid and will cost me a little more but what can I say.

I gave all my specs to sweep water as well but have not heard back from them in 3 days.
    Hahahahah ummm yeah poetry....not so much. Sounds like you are going to spend some bucks. Welcome to Club Spaz. You remember that picture routine so I don't need to remind you...
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Hahahahah ummm yeah poetry....not so much. Sounds like you are going to spend some bucks. Welcome to Club Spaz. You remember that picture routine so I don't need to remind you...
    LOL, Yeah I know it well. I am all over the map right now, I wanted a a higher end birch kit for gigging but after playing a classic maple for a few songs I must have one. I still want a higher end birch as well and will eventually get both if I can sell a few things.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

LOL, Yeah I know it well. I am all over the map right now, I wanted a a higher end birch kit for gigging but after playing a classic maple for a few songs I must have one. I still want a higher end birch as well and will eventually get both if I can sell a few things.
    If you are anything like me, you won't be satisfied until you do exactly what you want. No short cuts, no settling. It's a good illness to have. I guess the hard part is when you decide you are going for it, then you have to design it and remember it's yours personally. Spend wisely.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

luddy.jpg
    Yes it is. Looks like the Olive Sparkle wrap finish.

6 Ply Cherry / Gumwood Shells
    Consolette Tom Mounting
    Rounded Dual 35° Bearing Edge
    Natural Inlay on Bass Drum Hoops
    Classic Twin Lugs

ClubDatePearl.jpg
    Last edited by dangermoney; 05-24-2019 at 10:58 AM.

User Info Menu

Check out Ludwig's quick pick options. They have drums on hand for common sizes and finishes. I ordered a Ludwig CM kit a couple of years ago from my local 5 Star shop in 14x22, 8x12, 14x14 black sparkle and got it in 4 weeks.

I just ordered a matching CM snare, 6.5x14 in black sparkle. Got it in 3 weeks.
    Last edited by dangermoney; 05-24-2019 at 11:00 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Check out Ludwig's quick pick options. They have drums on hand for common sizes and finishes. I ordered a Ludwig CM kit a couple of years ago from my local 5 Star shop in 14x22, 8x12, 14x14 black sparkle and got it in 4 weeks.

I just ordered a matching CM snare, 6.5x14 in black sparkle. Got it in 3 weeks.
    Awesome, do you have any pics of that black sparkle? I been going back and forth between the black sparkle and the black galaxy
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Awesome, do you have any pics of that black sparkle? I been going back and forth between the black sparkle and the black galaxy
    I didn't realize there was more than one choice. If the black galaxy is like my snare drum.....I like lots if glitter (bigger to an extent) I'd probably go black sparkle.

This shows the black galaxy (if my information is accurate).

Signature here

User Info Menu

luddy.jpg
    It's a 2014? Club Date SE, seems like a lower model made in Taiwan 6ply cherry and gum wood, and that color is Olive sparkle
    Last edited by myk; 05-25-2019 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Adding info

User Info Menu

Sorry for the delayed response. I don't have any great pics, below is all that I have.

The thing about the Delmar black sparkle wrap that Ludwig uses is that the sparkles are actually a minty green color that give off a green hue in daylight that is hard to photograph. The sparkle effect also looks great under stage lights.

I've never seen Black Galaxy in person so I can't really offer any useful comments on that wrap. But I do prefer Black Sparkle for its simplicity and for the reasons above. I'm glad I went with it.

I'll try to get some more photos under lights from my upcoming gigs.

Hope this helps ...

CM BS 2.jpg

CM BS 1.jpg

CM BS 3.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response. I don't have any great pics, below is all that I have.

The thing about the Delmar black sparkle wrap that Ludwig uses is that the sparkles are actually a minty green color that give off a green hue in daylight that is hard to photograph. The sparkle effect also looks great under stage lights.

I've never seen Black Galaxy in person so I can't really offer any useful comments on that wrap. But I do prefer Black Sparkle for its simplicity and for the reasons above. I'm glad I went with it.

I'll try to get some more photos under lights from my upcoming gigs.

Hope this helps ...

CM BS 2.jpg

CM BS 1.jpg

CM BS 3.jpg

Ludwig sparkles have been awesome since the 60's when they first caught my eye. They were even in color back then.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Still loving this kit
    YvRYdLtcTWCwNpXySk6yvQ.jpg

User Info Menu

-Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Still loving this kit
    YvRYdLtcTWCwNpXySk6yvQ.jpg
    Yeah, not sure that Tommy Lee thing works for you there, Marc.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Just "FINALLY" ordered my ludwig Classic maple kit...Damn I am pumped!!!! Alright guys, Mark my words, if I sell this one, I will ummmm..., well I will quit drumchat forever! Not a huge loss I get it but just know I will also flog myself 4 times. Hard too : )

Anyway I ordered a 22 x16 BD with a center mount for a single tom. I know, I know all you virgin BD guys, it will sound inferior now that I had it drilled but I will suffer on in the name of ease ability for my purpose. A 12 x9 rack tom with atlas mount and classic lugs, and a 16 x 15 floor tom with keystone legs holders all in a gorgeous discontinuing White Glitter wrap...

I thought about ordering a matching snare but over $550 for a CM snare when there are so many used ones out there for less than half that price was a hard pill to swallow and I am not a big fan of matching snares to begin with so instead I got a 14 x 6.5 Keystone Oak/Maple snare drum White inside as well as outside that I really fell in love with months ago.

I will post pics in 8-10 weeks when I get it. Shane thinks that the white glitter may be all gone as they are discontinuing it but we tried it anyway.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Congratulations! There is nothing quite like ordering a brand new drum kit exactly the way that you want it.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post
    Congratulations! There is nothing quite like ordering a brand new drum kit exactly the way that you want it.
    Thanks Man, it is a 1st for me. I always buy off the floor.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Congrats!

I have one that is pretty close to your ordered configuration. Mine is a 2003 16x22, 9x12, 13x15 natural maple with a matching 5x14 snare. They sound great, especially the kick and snare.

When I bought my recent CM kit, I too decided against a matching snare but after a while the bug bit me and I just couldn't help myself.

Snare - 6.5 x 14 Ludwig CM.jpg

Looking forward to your pics ...

User Info Menu

Just "FINALLY" ordered my ludwig Classic maple kit...Damn I am pumped!!!! Alright guys, Mark my words, if I sell this one, I will ummmm..., well I will quit drumchat forever! Not a huge loss I get it but just know I will also flog myself 4 times. Hard too : )

Anyway I ordered a 22 x16 BD with a center mount for a single tom. I know, I know all you virgin BD guys, it will sound inferior now that I had it drilled but I will suffer on in the name of ease ability for my purpose. A 12 x9 rack tom with atlas mount and classic lugs, and a 16 x 15 floor tom with keystone legs holders all in a gorgeous discontinuing White Glitter wrap...

I thought about ordering a matching snare but over $550 for a CM snare when there are so many used ones out there for less than half that price was a hard pill to swallow and I am not a big fan of matching snares to begin with so instead I got a 14 x 6.5 Keystone Oak/Maple snare drum White inside as well as outside that I really fell in love with months ago.

I will post pics in 8-10 weeks when I get it. Shane thinks that the white glitter may be all gone as they are discontinuing it but we tried it anyway.
    Did you consider the Atlas rail mount? Classic look, fantastic functionality and no holes required.
    3DCBA7DF-A5F0-4ECF-8DC8-6D9FB34FA3FD.jpg
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham