Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everybody Read

User Info Menu

Exclamation Everybody Read

Some of the new members (and a couple of the old ones) are posting gobs of mindless posts. We're not trying to ruin your fun and we don't mind some of it, but it really is starting to get out of hand.

This is a DRUM forum first and foremost. We want it to be a "balanced" forum that is suitable for everyone. The shoutbox and a lot of the threads are starting to get littered with nonsense. Along with kids, there are also older drummers here with a lot of experience that they can share. If we trash this place up, they will leave and go elsewhere. Please be respectful of this and stay on topic.
    Last edited by drummer; 12-07-2006 at 11:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Am I posting any of the Mindless Post's??? If so I will stop,And I appoligize.I do agree if this place gets trashed up some of the older guys will leave...

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up Drummer. Maybe you could give us a PM if we are doing that. I might have posted one of them but am not sure. I dont think anyone wants the site to deteriate in any way.

User Info Menu

I try to keep the mindless stuff in the off topic section.. that is what its there for, right? I think a pm warning is a good idea for those who are doing the mindless posts.
    I Someone With Autism!

User Info Menu

We don't have time to PM every person but we did a couple of them. Like I said, a few crazy posts here and there are OK. I've done it myself. I'm mainly talking about those that are filling the shoutbox and some of the threads with nothing but stuff like this...

dghsahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

...or hundreds of smileys at a time. It just trashes the forum.

Thanks for understanding everyone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Like I said, a few crazy posts here and there are OK.
    Whew! Good, 'cause there's half a dozen of my posts that are pulitzer worthy.

User Info Menu

i though he ws talking to me until i read the examples...cause i have the top shoutbox place*points at lezzle*Hahahaa ...i was like "opps"...
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

drummonkey Guest

srry its proble me ill stop
    im relly new

User Info Menu

keep up the good work drummer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chiko
    i though he ws talking to me until i read the examples...cause i have the top shoutbox place*points at lezzle*Hahahaa ...i was like "opps"...
    .....ill get my rightful spot back, you'll see.....

but yeah I agree drummer, and some of it could be me.. i do kinda post a lot of smilies
    my appologies
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

ya i had a smiley war with jarhead the other day

SRRY

i have been noticing that the forum is kinda veering away from the drumming topics of everything tho

there needs to be more drumming stuff considereing this is a drum forum

amp

i appologize
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

i agree, there should be a little less off topic stuff and a little more drum stuff
    the reason I came here was to learn how to play better cuz i had a lot of questions, and i did learn a lot, lets keep it that way
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

drummonkey Guest

amen praesecies the lord gory hulljulle

User Info Menu

HAHAHAHA, I couldn't agree more. There are a ton of mindless posts, and they wont stop because we get so many new people who talk about completely un-drum-related subjects!! lol

User Info Menu

I think their intention is good. It appears drummer is saying that off -topic stuff is alright as long as we don't overdo it. I'm ok with that. I like this forum. The rules are necessary to keep the idiots out.

drummonkey Guest

uh help i had 534 shouts they were easyed wat the not there wat is going on
    i was #8 so could you help me?

User Info Menu

Angry Everybody Read

That's one reason I haven't posted in the past week or so...when I came in to shout to some of my drumming buddies, I couldn't believe some of the garbage that was being posted. We all get a little silly at times, but this stuff was way beyond silly--it was just plain stupid.

As drummers, if we acted the same way at a gig, we'd be bounced off the stage so fast it would make our heads spin, to use one of my favorite expressions...as we should be...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Indeed, for the couple days I've been here the shoutbox has been full of garbage.. Maybe you can put some permission setting so only people with X - amount of posts can shout or something like that... And remember my suggestion too put the shoutbox on everypage.
    God Bless & Rock On
    Current Set: Yamaha 7pc Maple Custom Abosulte
    Current Cymbals: Zildjian A Custom Cymbals
    Hardware: Yamaha 1100 Series, and DW 5000 Series Kick

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Everybody Read

Hola como Estas' DRUMMER (TOM) ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER
    GRACIAS' EXCELLENT * EXPRESSED LIKE A TRUE CRATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST
    that you are***LOVE IT***

User Info Menu

Default Re: Everybody Read

Thanks for the heads up drummer. (ill stop posting chicken smileys at the shoutbox <_<)
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

This is a thread from 2006 guys!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Andreeew View Post
    Thanks for the heads up drummer. (ill stop posting chicken smileys at the shoutbox <_<)
    DON'T YOU DARE!!!!!

User Info Menu

Yeah, there's nothing like this going on now, and if it starts, we'll let you know. Everyone's doing just fine!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I just love how so many people were falling on their sword and admitting guilt - to a 2 year old thread!! Tooo funny!

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

LOL didn't see the date!(does that mean i can use the chicken smiley again? )
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered