Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Sonor Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sonor Drums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    My little giant, my little sonor safari. I love this little kit, it's great for small clubs,parties/etc. I use a 7x13 in. sonor maple(piano black). This is pictured w/a 10"black out snare(pdp). I'm using it right now for rehersal in simi valley,calif. minus the octobans.
    Do you have a driver's seat view of this kit? I love it!
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Thank you much! Just click on the picture, should give you more pics.

User Info Menu

About a month old, select force s drive, autumn fade. Meinl, (mostly) with a few Sabian AAXPlosions thrown in.
    Absolutely love their look and they sound amazing!

User Info Menu

Can't ever go wrong with Sonor! From the low end kits to the high end kits,they all sound great! . . . . . .it's those German's!

User Info Menu

My latest stuff from Sonor...

User Info Menu

Those are all awesome additions to your family. Stand out is the deep one for sure.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Mirkko DeMaio;655352]My latest stuff from Sonor...

[URL=http://s12.photobucket.com/user/_Mirkko_/media/11214331_10153825576734523_935815353518190559_n_zp sn2gqhzru.jpg.html]

Those snares are gorgeous.

That die cast rim looks like it weighs 20 lbs itself! Absolutely solid.

User Info Menu

Nice Sonor snares!!

User Info Menu

Just a couple shots of my girls out in the sun. The sounded pretty killer, too, per my guests. I think a friend took some video. Soon as I track it down, I'll post.

Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

User Info Menu

Thanks guys!

User Info Menu

Ive always loved "Red kits" and yours looks spectacular~ nice cymbal set up as well.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Shaken not stirred

User Info Menu

Long time lurker, new poster! I haven't got decent pics of the kits but I've got a 1984 Phonic Plus in Candy Apple red. It's 22x18, 10x10, 12x12, 14x14 and 16x16 (a normal Phonic) floor tom.

I've also just sold an original German Force Maple kit from the early 1990's, which was in Natural Tulip (it's actually the same veneer they used for the Designer birdseye maple but satin finish instead of gloss), 22, 10, 12, 13, 16.

In terms of snare drums I have;

HLD 580 Signature 14x8 12 lug bubinga in and out. Diecast hoops and some of the parts from a 24k gold plated Jetset snare (ultra rare) on the mechanism for some reason. Similar to Markko's above.

HLD 581 Signature 14x6.5 12 lug bubinga in and out but red lacquer on top of that on the outside (just like Steve Smith's drum from his Journey days)

HLD 582 Signature 14x6.5 12 lug ferro mang seamless steel with triple flange hoops

HLD 588 Signature 14x8 12 lug ferro mang seamless steel with diecast hoops

LD 557 SonorLite 14x7.25 12 lug Scandi birch in and out

All the above have the parallel mechanism and are extraordinary pieces of (over) engineering.

I've also got;

SY1406 14x6 Symphony Signature brass with diecast hoops. The 5" version of this drum is Phil Rudd's favourite snare (he used Gretsch COB drums prior to this) and is what his signature snare is based on.

HD 700 HiLite 14x7 maple, black lacquer with diecast hoops.

That's it for the Sonor snares but I've also got a few assorted others including a 3mm spun seamless bell brass Gretsch drum, which is a beast and an absolute bargain given the cost of it compared to the Sonor/Tama drums.

User Info Menu

Sold the Martini kit and bought this Sonor Be Bop limited edition (no snare)- very nice one

User Info Menu

^that is gorgeous!

I found a couple I wanted this last weekend. I'll upload the photos.

User Info Menu

Yep, very good quality- i'm thinking to take off the wrap from the kick's hoops.

User Info Menu

I love that Sonor incorporates their logo into the lugs. Great look

User Info Menu

I want this kit

and this snare

User Info Menu

Dream kit for sure. We have the same taste.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

User Info Menu

I want all three! Top Hat & Cane, Sonor, and GMS. You definitely would look purdy behind those Sonors, though, Spaz! And imagine the GAS spree you could embark on! Another rack, new pedals, new tilters, new hi hat, cymbals . . . I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about this new thread. Go for it . . . please!

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    I want all three! Top Hat & Cane, Sonor, and GMS. You definitely would look purdy behind those Sonors, though, Spaz! And imagine the GAS spree you could embark on! Another rack, new pedals, new tilters, new hi hat, cymbals . . . I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about this new thread. Go for it . . . please!

GeeDeeEmm

I'll just go out to the backyard and see if my money tree still has leaves. Try to shake out another couple grand hahaha

User Info Menu

After almost 5 months of wait i've received this tiny tom in 8x7 from Sonor for my Birch Infinite- This is a discontinued limited edition kit with limited sizes (10-12-14-16-22 and snare) so with this add on it has become a real ONE of a kind! It's beautiful and it sounds phenomenal

User Info Menu

already said it but wow I love that birch kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    I realize this has probably been asked several times before on this forum, so my apologies for asking again. The question being - what other wood do you think beech sounds closest to - birch? maple? - or are they entirely their own unique sound. I have never had the opportunity to hear a beech kit live.
    Sorry Ludleg. I was just looking back through this thread and did not realize I never answered your question. IMO The Beech sounds in between Birch and Oak actually. Has the great attack, power, and tone similar to oak without the brashness and the short sustain of Birch though not quite as short. Like Birch IMO the 2 best drums hands down are the Bass drum and Snare.. Oh I love those 2 drums sooo.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I tryed to buy this kit in the 80 s ,but the bank said it was too much money for my age at the time , then about 2 years later the canadian distribution changed hands or something and there was one new in the boxes collecting dust in a wharehouse in ontario canada , the asking price was 10 grand , again i had just got the lud set so no go to buy it , i should of .