9Y0A7027 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    9Y0A7032 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    9Y0A7028 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    9Y0A7030 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    The Varukers.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sonor Drums Discussion

Nice acquisition.
    I enjoyed playing Sonor shells in all of the percussion practice rooms in music school at university.
    Great drums.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Wow! Another squished-ball L-rod tom mount ala 70s Fibes. Can't say I've ever been impressed by that design, but Sonor SQ2 is the top of my list if I were to ever want another lifetime dream kit.

User Info Menu

the other day I was looking at the new Sonor SQ2 line .. nice looking drums and the bass drum lug screws looks like a great addition. I'd like to get a pack of those and try them on my Yamaha. I did think about pedal interference and ground clearance of the knobs on the batter side but I suppose those are non issues

image.jpg
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    the other day I was looking at the new Sonor SQ2 line .. nice looking drums and the bass drum lug screws looks like a great addition. I'd like to get a pack of those and try them on my Yamaha. I did think about pedal interference and ground clearance of the knobs on the batter side but I suppose those are non issues
    I like those lugs too. They don't look that wide to me. Probably a non-issue. I wonder if you can get them outside of Sonor drums. A similar design somewhere maybe?

User Info Menu

Tom over the years i've looked a lot at Sonor and thought about owning some. Closest i got to getting some was when the Phil Rudd signature set came out. I like their style .. from the tom mounts to the spurs and they have some really cool looking finishes. Maybe it will happen one of these days.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I like those lugs too. They don't look that wide to me. Probably a non-issue. I wonder if you can get them outside of Sonor drums. A similar design somewhere maybe?
    Drum Bum?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Sonor on the most part has good to great hardware but I feel sometimes they fall short on little design issues. The bass drum tuning knob claws should have all chrome knobs with ridges instead of rubber black bands that rot out and split or crack so you have to order new ones! lol. just MO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Sonor on the most part has good to great hardware but I feel sometimes they fall short on little design issues. The bass drum tuning knob claws should have all chrome knobs with ridges instead of rubber black bands that rot out and split or crack so you have to order new ones! lol. just MO.
    That's a very good point.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    I highly doubt that is an issue at all, especially for the original owner unless they are out in the sun all day 5 days a week for a few years and then I think the rubber bands are the least of your concerns.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO