Thread: Stagg DH Series

User Info Menu

Default Stagg DH Series

All my cymbals, bar one, are of in the Stagg DH line. I've been reading through, and a fair number of people haven't heard of them. I personally think these are great cymbals for the price, and they sound really decent!

Apparently they are made from the same alloy as Zildjian cymbals. I was interested by this and was just wondering if anyone could confirm this?
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Stagg DH Series

Hey Chazbo,

Many people are unfamiliar with Stagg because their distribution network is somewhat limited, and particularly in the U.S. they are not sold in a lot of stores.

The company has only been in existence since 1995 and is headquartered in Belgium. However, they are actually a full line musical instrument company, producing everything "from brass and woodwind, guitars and bass, drums and pro audio, not to mention all the necessary accessories" (from their web site).

Their cymbals are made in China.

From a Harmony Central review: All Stagg cymbals are made from B20 cast bronze (80% copper/20% tin). They're initially stamped, then machine- and hand-hammered into shape. Then they're hand-lathed for weight dispersion and basic sonic characteristics. Senior craftsman do the hammering and lathing in the latter part of the manufacturing process to confirm the sound, timbre characteristic, and thickness of each particular plate.

They have received numerous very favorable reviews as a less expensive option to the "big name" cymbals.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info on that, answered my question perfectly
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

i've never had the priviledge of playing stagg cymbals yet - besides the brass ones. difficult to get hold of. but i do think that cymbal companies which aren't that famous sometimes make better cymbals than the big 4. i do prefer istanbul, wuhan(don't laugh! chek them out!), bosphorus and now hopefully stagg.

User Info Menu

The best sounding cymbals I've heard are UFIP from Italy. However, like most things Italian, they are priced beyond the reach of the ordinary guy. Kinda like their sports cars! LOL

all the best...

User Info Menu

I absolutley love my Stagg DH cymbals. Over here in England they're still ppretty hard to come by, but my local drum shop always has a huge stock of them

I actually spend hours in there just looking around at every little thing in the shop and asking about it and how much it is

I'm usually on a budget, so I have to choose carefully...I love going round looking at anything drums anyway...some call me sad, others call me a drummer

User Info Menu

the staggs i played were supposedly cheaper than the zht pr b8pro lines but sounded a WHOLE lot better than either.

User Info Menu

they are cheaper than the Zildjian standard line...ZBT? could be wrong, and the Sbain B8 line, but somehow manage to sound so good

User Info Menu

Has anyone heard of the Myra series from Stagg? I have my eye on a 20" brilliant rock ride and can't find any info on it, except the 200.00 msrp..
    Tama Swingstar-6Piece
    14" Wood Snare-
    Aquarian Focus X
    10" Tom
    Aquarian Response 2
    12"-13"Toms-
    Aquarian Super2 Powerdots
    22" Kick-
    Aquarian Super Kick2 w/Force2reso

Sabian XS20-Hats
    Paiste Alpha 14" Thin Crash
    Paiste Alpha 16" Medium Crash