Thread: The Second Theif

User Info Menu

Default The Second Theif

I just started a band with some of my friends. We will play music, from slow rock to hard rock and everywhere in between. We only have a few songs for now but will make a ton. Right now, we are trying to find a good lead singer.

But what does everyone think of the band name, "The Second Theif"?
    I'll figure out people's first reactions, then tell the meaning of the name (the meaning is real deep). And please be as critical as possible, thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Second Theif

Well the name is interesting, your genre is broad... I like the name, Here is a great band The Second Thief... Now the meaning is what I am waiting for. Is it faith based, two thieves one on each side of Christ...

I may be off but that is the first thing that poped into my mind. Welcome to DC and have fun

User Info Menu

Lol yeah you guessed it. And as far as a more specific genre, we want to be like Anberlin, cas they are amazing.

User Info Menu

Cool, as you obtain feedback, would love to read how you and your group came up with the name, why etc. Drum on and welcome again. Great members here and the resources are top of the line.

User Info Menu

Welcome, tut.
    Great band name, i have to say
    Theif is spelled wrong though :D
    its thief.
    Good luck.

User Info Menu

im not THAT religious, what is the significance of the word "second"?

User Info Menu

I before E except after C, haha I learned that on conjunction junction, who remembers that show?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by campbellj25 View Post
    I before E except after C, haha I learned that on conjunction junction, who remembers that show?
    man who doesnt I watched those in english. My favorite one is the one with the kangoroo

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Second Thief

Well we're not all as smart as you!!!! and the unpack an adjective is my favorite school house rock song

For the significance: As Jesus was being crucified, (Luke 23:39-43) "One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!" But the other criminal rebuked him. He said, "Don't you fear God, since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man (Jesus) has done nothing wrong." Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."-Luke 23:39-43

Me and my band want to be like the Second Thief, and in the midst of all our sufferings and when other people around us may be yelling at God for what is going on in their lives, we want to be able to turn to God and say, "You are the Lord of my life, and no matter what happens to me, I will follow you."

User Info Menu

Congrats on having a purpose for your drumming Tut. That's definitely an inspired name for the band! Welcome to Drum Chat!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tut View Post
    Well we're not all as smart as you!!!! and the unpack an adjective is my favorite school house rock song

For the significance: As Jesus was being crucified, (Luke 23:39-43) "One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!" But the other criminal rebuked him. He said, "Don't you fear God, since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man (Jesus) has done nothing wrong." Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."-Luke 23:39-43

Me and my band want to be like the Second Thief, and in the midst of all our sufferings and when other people around us may be yelling at God for what is going on in their lives, we want to be able to turn to God and say, "You are the Lord of my life, and no matter what happens to me, I will follow you."
    Wow dude that is really deep and a cool story. I haven't read Luke yet I am actually just starting my bible, I just got my own for christmas.

Really cool band name great meaning.

User Info Menu

Not a huge Christian music fan (although I am Christian) but that is a really great name. I suggest you guys copyright it before someone takes it.

all the best...

User Info Menu

i like it. its mysterious and cool sounding.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Not a huge Christian music fan (although I am Christian) but that is a really great name. I suggest you guys copyright it before someone takes it.

all the best...
    Theres already a band in Florida by that name, I'll check if they have it copy righted, but they look like they are just local, and their a metal band.

User Info Menu

I like the biblical reference. Cool stuff. I wanted to name our worship team Turn Or Burn, but nobody else liked it.

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    I like the biblical reference. Cool stuff. I wanted to name our worship team Turn Or Burn, but nobody else liked it.
    why not LOOKIN UP

User Info Menu

Hey, that is not half bad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    why not LOOKIN UP
    Uh...well, doesn't go against the grain the way Turn Or Burn does. I have a Rock musicians mentality, "keep it offensive".

User Info Menu

So yeah, the other Second Thief is pretty big in the Florida area and into Georgia, so I need people's advice, Should we change our band name since there is already a band by that name, or should we keep it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tut View Post

props dude, seriously. most people have no reason for the names they pick. you, on the other hand have a name that ministers all by it's self. good job! keep that attitude and you will be blessed. just prepare for the temptations and tests that go hand in hand with your works.
    www.myspace.com/marlowstheory

User Info Menu

band names from the top of my head... maybe they'll help.

the martyred me
    (explanation: alludes to the fact that as christains you willl suffer for your faith, but in spite of such you will continue to worship)

scru tape (a cs lewis book entitled the screw tape letters, excellent book by the way)

and no bones broken (duh, for those who don't know, when jesus was crucified no bones were broken)

bleed the thief

emo for god (just kidding)
    www.myspace.com/marlowstheory