Thread: Domanda a voi E-Drummers ;D

User Info Menu

Default Domanda a voi E-Drummers ;D

Prima di tutto ciao a tutti! Sono nuovo di questo forum
    Da 10 anni circa suono batterie acustiche , avendo cambiato casa però nn me lo posso piu permettere .
    Essendo veramente ignorante in materia di batterie Elettroniche , chiedo il vostro aiuto .
    Cosa mi consigliate con un budget di ( Al Max) 2000 Euro ?Ho guardato un pò in giro e ho trovato una : ROLAND TD 12K BK ( usata ). Oppure ROLAND TD 9KX ( piu economica) nuova.
    In questi giorni andrò a provarle , vorrei dare un occhiata anche alle yamaha..
    Da quanto ho capito devo capire cosa mi soddisfa di piu anche in funzione dei pad ( mesh/plastica) .
    Grazie delle eventuali info :D

User Info Menu

Default Re: Domanda a voi E-Drummers ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ..Alexis.. View Post
    Prima di tutto ciao a tutti! Sono nuovo di questo forum
    Da 10 anni circa suono batterie acustiche , avendo cambiato casa però nn me lo posso piu permettere .
    Essendo veramente ignorante in materia di batterie Elettroniche , chiedo il vostro aiuto .
    Cosa mi consigliate con un budget di ( Al Max) 2000 Euro ?Ho guardato un pò in giro e ho trovato una : ROLAND TD 12K BK ( usata ). Oppure ROLAND TD 9KX ( piu economica) nuova.
    In questi giorni andrò a provarle , vorrei dare un occhiata anche alle yamaha..
    Da quanto ho capito devo capire cosa mi soddisfa di piu anche in funzione dei pad ( mesh/plastica) .
    Grazie delle eventuali info :D
    What now?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fredr View Post
    What now?

I didn't think we could say tutti?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    I didn't think we could say tutti?
    I'm not sure....

Can anyone translate?

User Info Menu

LOL!i was posting in 2 different forums and posted in italian here and english on the Italian one loooololol what a mess!!HHAHAHAAH ok , translation here i come :D.Excuse me .

I was saying : First of all hi to everybody !And gratz for the cool forum.
    I am new to e-drumming so bare with me.I played acoustic drums for 10 years more or less , but i moved to an appartement now and , you know...Bye Bye noise.
    SO, i was thinking to try something different ( electronic drums that is:D) .So , if u could spend lets say , 2000$ 2500$ tops , what set would u choose?I noticed that a music store near my hose has the ROLAND TD 12K BK ( more expensive ) and the ROLAND TD 9KX ( kinda cheaper ) .
    I heard i gotta try which types of pads suit me best ( mesh or not) ..
    Ty for the eventual answers :D
    And sorry for the italian again :D

User Info Menu

So first let me tell you a little about my history with electronic kits.

My first E Kit was a Roland TD-10 kit. I loved it. I brought it home from the store, set it up and played it. I never had an issue.

Money got tight and I ended up selling it.

When money go better I decided to get another E Kit. I did a lot of homework and decided on the Hart Dynamics 6.4 and Roland TD-8 brain.

The Hart kits are built like a tank and the racks are great. But the down side was I had to configure the brain for the kit. Unlike when you buy a complete Roland, or any other complete kit, YAMAHA etc. . I placed many calls to Hart, their tech support is great. I also had to call Roland a few times. Their tech support is great as well. After literally months of tweaking off and on I never did get the kit to trigger as well as my previous Roland kit did right out of the box.

I finally got to the point where I decided I just wanted to play the drums not tweak them all the time and never be satisfied with them. I [put them on ebay and sold them.

I went out and picked up the TD-20 kit and have not regretted it at all.

So my advice is to get a kit that where everything is made by the same company.

I love the TD-20 kit, my only complaint is that the hi-hats are not perfect yet, very close though and I am used to them so I have no trouble playing them.

Here is my take on the subject over all:

First E drums are one of the best tools ever for practicing. They have a built in metronome and play along patterns. One of the things I discovered was that when I practice on an acoustic kit I know people can hear me. This tends to make me want to “entertain”. I tend to play solos and grooves that I know sound good. I tend not to practice repetitive patterns that I need to in order to improve my playing.

I find for me this goes away with the E Drums, I know nobody can hear me. I practice a lot more and my practicing is a lot more productive.

As far as the kits themselves,

Pads:

Try to go with mesh heads; they will not harm your hands, wrists and arms. The thin rubber pads will. Here is what happens, when the pads are to thin they do not completely absorb the impact when you hit them. Some of that impact is absorbed by your body.
    If you have to go with rubber pads you need the thick ones.

I personally tune mine down so they feel like an acoustic drum. I find most E kits are tuned to tight and feel like a tennis racket.

Brains:

For strictly practicing, almost any of them out there will do the job. So if you are only going to be practicing then I suggest you find one that has sounds you like in a price range you can handle.

On the other hand if you plan on getting into recording then the TD-20 is the only way to go. The reason is OUTPUTS.

All of the brains lower in the line have 1-stereo out and 1- mono out. This means if you record you have to have all of the drums on one or two tracks. This makes it very hard to get a decent drum sound in the mix.

The TD-20 has the standard Stereo and mono out plus individual outputs designed with recording in mind.

You get:

Kick – Mono
    Snare – Mono
    Hi-Hat – Mono
    Ride – Mono
    Toms – Stereo
    Crashes – Stereo

This means you can have individual tracks to mix as you would when you record an acoustic kit.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.
    Also take a look on my web site. If it does not say it is a live recording it was done on the Td-20.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Wow Rmandela!I didnt expect a SO GOOD reply!tyvm , im surprised.
    Anyhow , i would buy a kit mostly to practice , but -why not- play some live pub concerts ..
    I defenetly CANT afford the td-20 , cuz that would have been my first choice..
    So what do you think about the 2 sets i mentioned before?
    Ty again

User Info Menu

Go for the TD-12 used if you can find one be carefull and make certain it is a Nice used one and you will keep most of the resale value ! I have had 2 td12s and now use a td 10 with my diy set. You get to practice anytime with the e drums and your family and neigbors will like them also !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ..Alexis.. View Post
    LOL!i was posting in 2 different forums and posted in italian here and english on the Italian one loooololol what a mess!!HHAHAHAAH ok , translation here i come :D.Excuse me .

I was saying : First of all hi to everybody !And gratz for the cool forum.
    I am new to e-drumming so bare with me.I played acoustic drums for 10 years more or less , but i moved to an appartement now and , you know...Bye Bye noise.
    SO, i was thinking to try something different ( electronic drums that is:D) .So , if u could spend lets say , 2000$ 2500$ tops , what set would u choose?I noticed that a music store near my hose has the ROLAND TD 12K BK ( more expensive ) and the ROLAND TD 9KX ( kinda cheaper ) .
    I heard i gotta try which types of pads suit me best ( mesh or not) ..
    Ty for the eventual answers :D
    And sorry for the italian again :D

Ciao Alexis.. Io sono molto contento per leggere il suo e-mail ed tiringrazio come non sempre leggere o scrittere nel italiano. Scusi questi buffoni a qui...HaHaHa!! Anche mi italiano non è buono scusi mi per favore. Midispiace ma non dimenticato il grammatico correto.

Ciao...fiacovaz (Franco Iacovazzi)

PS: Mi parenti abitanno in Napoli, Genova ed Albero Bello.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post

Ciao Alexis.. Io sono molto contento per leggere il suo e-mail ed tiringrazio come non sempre leggere o scrittere nel italiano. Scusi questi buffoni a qui...HaHaHa!! Anche mi italiano non è buono scusi mi per favore. Midispiace ma non dimenticato il grammatico correto.

What he said.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post

Ciao Franco!!! if u need some1 to practice italian with,im here!!!

Your doing good tho :P

hugs