Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Tribute to Drum Chat

User Info Menu

Cool Re: A Tribute to Drum Chat

I think I've re-run this more than "I Love Lucy," but it's still true: DrumChat is my favorite chat forum because, to me, the members here are not just guys and gals, but brothers and sisters. Whether I'm commenting to a teen-ager who wants to know which drum kit to buy, encouraging the long-time drumkit player who's scared stiff about playing hand drums for the first time, or sharing our milestones--the good and the bad--I feel as if I know each of you as if you were a next-door neighbors.

I feel if we ever have that meet-and-greet, we'd sit down at our drum kits and hand drums and jam together like longtime buddies--even though very few of us have ever met formally! I'm willing to bet the only disputes we have something like "bongobro's been up there too long--give ShaneRoney or 1drumbum a turn now, man!"
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: A Tribute to Drum Chat

Well said Bongobro

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I sometimes wonder, if we had just seen each other on the street, would we have talked to each other. I think sometimes appearances can make people leap to conclusions about each other. We don't have that problem here. Appearances can't get in the way here. We get the opportunity to simply accept each other for who we are, and to discover that appearances do not make the person. I love Drum Chat!

I absolutely agree with you! If only appearances would never get in the way of things!...Being very knew to this forum, I can only say that in the short time I've been here, I've felt very welcome by everyone! A big thank you to not only all the members but also to the moderators and administrators! Also- a big thank you to making a newbie, both on the forum and drums feel so accepted and encouraged!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by carolinak1979 View Post
    I absolutely agree with you! If only appearances would never get in the way of things!...Being very knew to this forum, I can only say that in the short time I've been here, I've felt very welcome by everyone! A big thank you to not only all the members but also to the moderators and administrators! Also- a big thank you to making a newbie, both on the forum and drums feel so accepted and encouraged!!
    Karo, there is no doubt that this is a very special place that way!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I Lubs Dis Place And Da People In It !!!!!It Is Da Only Website I Look Forward To Visting In Evrytime,wondering Which Of My "brothers & Sisters" Will Make My Heart Smile On Each Visit,,,,I Am Blessed To Consider Those Here Phriends Of Da Strongest Nature,,,
    Thank You Drumchat For Some Of Da Best Times Of My Life....I Have Learned Much And Never Take Anyone Here For Granted;Rather What I May Share And The Knowledge That Comes From Each Contact IT INSPIRES ME AS A DRUMMER AND A HUMAN BEING AND REMINDS ME WHY I CHOSE THIS CRAFT ...
    THXS AGAIN TO EACH & EVERYONE OF YOU FOR MAKING THAT POSSIBLE
    MORE THAN ONE VISIT HERE HAS SENT ME TO DA DRUMROOM HUNGRY TO FEED DAT DESIRE
    IT IS TO ALL HERE DAT IOU FOR DAT INSPIRATION,,,,.GROOVE ON MY BROTHER & SISTERS
    AND AGAIN THANK YOU FOR "PLAYIN IT FORWARD"
    Last edited by PHROGGE; 01-11-2009 at 10:43 PM.
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

I Lubs Dis Palce And Da People In It !!!!!It Is Da Only Website I Look Forward To Visting In Evrytime,wondering Which Of My "brothers & Sisters" Will Make My Heart Smile On Each Visit,,,,I Am Blessed To Consider Those Here Phriends Of Da Strongest Nature,,,
    Thank You Drumchat For Some Of Da Best Times Of My Life....I Have Learned Much And Never Take Anyone Here For Granted;Rather What I May Share And The Knowledge That Comes From Each Contact ITINSPIRES ME AS A DRUMMER AND REMINDS ME WHY I CHOSE THIS CRAFT ...
    THXS AGAIN TO EACH & EVERYONE OF YOU
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

What a nice thing to say PHROGGE! You are indeed one of the consistently nicest, and most positive people here.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

PHR, Awesome comments, I am sure DC and its Mods aprreciate your kind words.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    This is the only intellectual place I visit! People are GREAT!!
    Hey, don't get carried away now. The people here ARE great. But intellectual? Ok, maybe just a bit.

Hahahahahaha. Just kidding. You guys rock. Group hug. Now.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    PHR, Awesome comments, I am sure DC and its Mods aprreciate your kind words.
    Uh... nope, we don't appreciate them at all.

Seriously, man, I've said it a thousand times. You guys are the greatest!!!

User Info Menu

this place gets 3 thumbs up from me.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

LoL Just got a chance to read this thread again, good comments and humor

User Info Menu

Just wanted to say DC is the friendliest forum I have ever used with knowledgeable members who are only too happy to help all drummers from the novice to the experienced. Nice one all!!!
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Just wanted to say DC is the friendliest forum I have ever used with knowledgeable members who are only too happy to help all drummers from the novice to the experienced. Nice one all!!!
    Hey, you are just as guilty as the rest of us for helping. Pat yourself on the back, as well, my overseas friend!!

Glad you are here, Dustin!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Great posts

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    Great posts
    Just be aware that no amount of sucking up will get you a free Drum Chat t-shirt.........trust me!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Just be aware that no amount of sucking up will get you a free Drum Chat t-shirt.........trust me!
    Really?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Hey, you are just as guilty as the rest of us for helping. Pat yourself on the back, as well, my overseas friend!!

Glad you are here, Dustin!

cheers mate - right back at ya!
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Really, There actually is a T shirt???
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

I recently checked one of the drum forums and it made me appreciate the civility we have in our forum.

User Info Menu

Cool, well said

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumslave View Post
    I recently checked one of the drum forums and it made me appreciate the civility we have in our forum.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. The minute you get a bunch of musicians in the same place and especially drummers, you just never know what'll happen.

So far we've been lucky in not having any drummers or even musicians try to sign up here.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. The minute you get a bunch of musicians in the same place and especially drummers, you just never know what'll happen.

So far we've been lucky in not having any drummers or even musicians try to sign up here.
    Hey, I resemble that remark!!

User Info Menu

Yes, it's very like you :P

User Info Menu

LoL