Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Tribute to Drum Chat

User Info Menu

Default Re: A Tribute to Drum Chat

This is from Late8:

Valuable Lesson Learned

I want to share my story on how I found this wonderful forum called drumchat.com.

I had a near death experience back in February of this year when I accidentally overdosed myself with some “over the counter” medications along with the pills I was already taking for diabetes (type II). I know, I know….I should of read the label.

Off to the emergency room.

My kidneys had shut down for 36 critical hours as the doctors flushed the overdosed meds out of my blood stream with IV fluid. My liver and pancreas went into shock. My toxic blood gases in my kidneys reached a critical level of 3.4 Normal is 1.0

I was so sick. I almost blood poisoned myself to death. No joke.

I spent two days in the Intensive Care Unit, feeling sorry for myself for not following through on many personal goals. The list of “could of, would of, should of” went on forever.

One of the things that made my “almost kick the bucket list” was never committing to properly follow through to study the many expensive drums lessons that I paid for in the past.

That has changed today and I have reinvested in my kit as well as my health and I have searched the internet and found this friendly and worthy site. I’m attacking drum rudiments with vigor and I have a new found desire to read music.

My physical road to recovery was long. My mental recovery from almost killing myself continues. Drumchat.com is good medicine.

Thanks for reading.
    Rich (aka late8)

User Info Menu

ok, let's share how we feel about DC. A one stop shop where old and new members share what DC has done for them.

User Info Menu

If you love this site, tell us why, let us know what you think.

User Info Menu

Any new tributes out there. We have some great memebers, awesome mods and admins. The site has grown a great deal in the short time I have been around. The topics get better and better and greatest thing, is 99.999% of the people here are respectful and seek out to share and learn from one another regardless of level of play.

User Info Menu

It's also fun to punk people... and keep things clean. This place has changed me as well.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

who you callin a punk?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    Any new tributes out there. We have some great memebers, awesome mods and admins. The site has grown a great deal in the short time I have been around. The topics get better and better and greatest thing, is 99.999% of the people here are respectful and seek out to share and learn from one another regardless of level of play.
    Yea, I visited a another forum the other day that had to do with a project I'm working on for a client and I was amazed at the difference. They often put each other down and I saw one of mods ream this guy in front of everyone for practically nothing. I couldn't believe it. It made me appreciate this place even more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Yea, I visited a another forum the other day that had to do with a project I'm working on for a client and I was amazed at the difference. They often put each other down and I saw one of mods ream this guy in front of everyone for practically nothing. I couldn't believe it. It made me appreciate this place even more.
    I hope you showered before you came back here.........we dont want to see any dirt being drug thru the door here .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    who you callin a punk?
    Drummer of course just kidding!!
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Any new tributes?

User Info Menu

Hey folks, been sometime since we had a tribute, any of you new members what to post one, here is the place to do so. DC is awesome and I am glad I joined. I have not been a member as long as others but I have learned a great deal since joining. I hope I conriubute to others knowledge in some shape or form. Let us know how you feel about DC

User Info Menu

Pretty cool stuff

User Info Menu

Ok here is mine, i found DC just by happenstance, i thought this site would be just another show and tell, but i was pleasantly surpised to see the level of expertise and professionalism of site. After all being away from drumming for almost 30years and wanting to get good educated advise to answer all of my questions..and to see what's hot with the young players, DrumChat is the place to be. I am proud to be a member!
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Hey guys, just read through this thread and some great tributes to DC out there.

I, like MartyM, just happened across the site when I was in the market for a kit after being asked by my church to expand my abilities (I play percussion, Djemba, Congas) and decided I needed some advice on what kit to be looking for. I found what I needed right here after browsing as a guest, then once I had the kit decided to stick around and soak up some valuable info from the collective brain!

It's great to be able to chat with guys young and old and at all different stages of their drumming lives like they have been your mates for ages.

It's great to be here!

BWB
    ~BWB~

~Sabian - Mapex - Pro-Mark~

User Info Menu

Well I tired to stay away but the friendly banter just draws ya back in.
    Plus its cold outside now!! lol

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ratmycue View Post
    Well I tired to stay away but the friendly banter just draws ya back in.
    Plus its cold outside now!! lol
    You can run, but you can't hide Rat!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks, very much, BWB!! It's a pleasure to have you here.

Rat, glad ur back!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I've only been registered up for a few days. First impressions are 10/10, the people, information and overall site is top notch. I'll be sure to use and further promote drum chat in the future.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat 655V2! The more you hang out here, the more you get to know everyone, and everyone gets to know you. This really is a very special community of drummers that are dedicated to respecting each other, and helping each other in any way that we can.

Again, welcome!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

hi guys......i was lucky.. drum chat was the first site i found.. however i do know there is absolutely nothing worse for a beginner to be intimidated by supposedly pro/semi pro drummers because they have much more expensive kits and have played for ages....drum chat isnt like that...everyone is helpful very welcoming and beginner friendly..and surely thats the point .... to help improve new drummers....with that comes enthusiasm,commitment and passion,and from there some great drummers........i love drumchat (although i haven't been a member long).. i have been playing for a while now,have learned incredible amounts from this site in such a short space of time.....
    thats my opinion anyway
    long live drum chat!!
    those that know... understand...those that dont ...never will !!: :[

User Info Menu

this is not the greatest post in the world, this is a tribute.....
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJwz7wu8_s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJwz7wu8_s[/ame]
    Last edited by Russ; 11-30-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Welcome Rob1973. Always good to see another UK member! How's it going down south? Weather is shocking up here!!
    ~BWB~

~Sabian - Mapex - Pro-Mark~

User Info Menu

thanks ballywalterbeats.....and yeah weather is shocking down here an all.....us southerners aren't used to the cold !!!
    those that know... understand...those that dont ...never will !!: :[

User Info Menu

Cool Re: A Tribute to Drum Chat

Quote Originally Posted by BallywalterBeats View Post
    Hey guys, just read through this thread and some great tributes to DC out there.

I, like MartyM, just happened across the site when I was in the market for a kit after being asked by my church to expand my abilities (I play percussion, Djemba, Congas) and decided I needed some advice on what kit to be looking for. I found what I needed right here after browsing as a guest, then once I had the kit decided to stick around and soak up some valuable info from the collective brain!

It's great to be able to chat with guys young and old and at all different stages of their drumming lives like they have been your mates for ages.

It's great to be here!

BWB
    And as a brother church percussionist, BWB, I'm chuffed to see that you're now adding your expertise to our collective brain...and the bigger our brain gets, the better it is for everyone, mate!

Translation: "chuffed" is Brit-slang for "stoked" (that is, really excited about something). I'm a bit of an Anglophile, as you may have guessed!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

BUMP!
    It`s been awhile since anyone added anything to this thread,so I thought I would reserect it.

I found this site through the DrumBum site and I am very glad I did!I have learned more than I thought possible in the short time I have been here.The good natured banter,clean language and positive attitudes and replies make it a shining example for ALL the forums on the internet! I have gladly endorsed it to my drummer friends and have had them join and agree.

THANK YOU TO ALL THE MEMBERS,MODERATORS AND ANYONE ELSE THAT MAKES THIS SITE WHAT IT IS!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    T.C.