Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: Premier Drums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by shoedaddy View Post
    Anybody know where you can purchase Premier in the U.S. right now? They seem to be impossible to find. I briefly owned a Premier Artist rock kit that I got from one of the online megastores for a closeout price of $499! Unbelievable price. It was a great kit in the Rosewood finish and a giant brass snare (7x14, I think).

BUT--the box it arrived in was shredded. Surprisingly, it was okay except the hoops were warped slightly, and I couldn't get them replaced. I should have kept the kit or at least the snare, but I foolishly sent it all back. I wouldn't mind having that back!

I'd love some help in getting another set of Premiers...
    I wish I knew...Its been told to me that they have not shipped new stuff to the US for a couple years now and what ever is left over is what you get..Mostly Cabria kits which they do not make anymore...The nes catalog is out and no one in the US is selling anything..Its a shame really, I guess they did have lodgistic problems shipping drums fast enough and people did not want to wait...I know one thing I will never sell mine no matter what and I make sure to take damn good care of it ! Parts are a nightmare to try and get...I was able to get a double tom holder of ebay I wanted...I guess ebay is the best option now for a Premier Kit..

User Info Menu

I have a Premier Olympic Rock (red) set that i picked up from my cousin for $150... i had no idea they were this hard to get i guess it was a steal for me. :D

Especially since it came with 14" hi hats, 16" crash, and 20" ride all by Zildjian...

User Info Menu

I picked up some Premier hardware last year from a shop down South, and they told me that Premier had pulled their US distributors....for what reason I don't know. They were clearing out their remaining inventory at that time.

You can still find some Premier kits advertised, mostly on eBay, and leftover stock, but unless they establish a new distributor in the US, you won't see them around much here anymore I'm afraid.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

They got a new distributor.
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by quikstang2 View Post
    Is this verifiable? Source please?
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?

User Info Menu

i just saw the joe franco dvd, his solos are wild on his premiers!

User Info Menu

AHA! I believe you're right! They now list a company in MA as their US Distributor.

If you haven't checked out their website recently (I hadn't) you should do so. It's been completely redesigned and updated. It actually looks like they are focused on taking their marketing to a new level. Looks like they plan to stick around for awhile!

User Info Menu

I heard from our friend Dean, from you-know-where, who is constantly at drum shops buying new stuff and talking to the drum guys about what's going on.
    I was just on their site when I was checking out NAMM pics that were being posted. I'll look again to see if they've changed anything. I'm glad we got them back. They could be my next new purchase... whenever that is...
    "Life is backwards. Happiness isn't something you seek, it's something that finds you when you are doing the right thing." - Zone47

User Info Menu

Drool... My XPK Snare close up! enjoy

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/eelman/007-3.jpg

User Info Menu

That MA distributer is no more...while they will be around for awhile, they are concentrating there efforts in the europeon markets...its going to be very difficult to get a kit here in the US anymore.So again, they have had that massachusetts distributer listed for a long time but they are no longer a distib. I acually called a while back , a few months ago I think looking for parts...memory locks to be exact and they told me they do not deal with premier anymore

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by billnolan View Post
    That MA distributer is no more...while they will be around for awhile, they are concentrating there efforts in the europeon markets...its going to be very difficult to get a kit here in the US anymore.So again, they have had that massachusetts distributer listed for a long time but they are no longer a distib. I acually called a while back , a few months ago I think looking for parts...memory locks to be exact and they told me they do not deal with premier anymore
    Thanks for that info. It's too bad, because they make nice stuff. But if you can't get parts...I might have kept the kit I had if I could have ordered a replacement hoop, but nobody that I could find could do it.
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Hey guys, I am looking into Premier kits. Which is better, an APK kit or a Genista? I am a craigslist junky and found both for great prices, more like unheard of prices! $225 for the Genista and $400 for the APK!
    Tama Starclassic Birch in Emerald Sea Fade 24x18, 13x10, 18x16
    Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x14
    Remo Coated Emperors (or Evans Clear EC2s) over Remo Coated Ambassadors
    Remo Coated Ambassador Over Hazy Diplomat Snare Side
    Dream Contact 14" Hi-Hats, Zildjian Avedis 21" Sweet Ride, Zildjian A Custom 18" Projection Crash, Wuhan 18" China
    Vic Firth 5As and 5Bs/Sound Percussion 5Bs and 2Bs

"Da head of the drum doesn't matter, it's da head of da drummer that matters most..." -Phrogge

User Info Menu

At those prices... get both!!!
    Sorry, I haven't kept up to date on the newer stuff. I've got all vintage drums from them.

User Info Menu

Here's my Cabria Fusion kit. The cymbals are all still current with the exception of the XS20 Medium Ride which has been upgraded to a HHX Stage Ride.

User Info Menu

Love that combo, Chris.

Welcome to Drum Chat!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Here's my Cabria Fusion kit. The cymbals are all still current with the exception of the XS20 Medium Ride which has been upgraded to a HHX Stage Ride.

Nice kit man! Loving the white shell/black HW combo! Great choice in cymbals as well! I have several Sabians in my set up! Welcome to DrumChat!

-Les

User Info Menu

Hey Chris, Welcome to Drum Chat!!

That's a VERY sharp looking kit!

User Info Menu

Cheers guys, thanks for the welcome

User Info Menu

Nice Cabria Chris. Black on white is soooooo good looking.
    Plan on getting rid of that medium XS20 ride? I could use one...

User Info Menu

Nice Cabria Chris. Black on white is soooooo good looking.
    Plan on getting rid of that medium XS20 ride? I could use one...
    Thanks mate, I've bought a HHX Stage Ride so the XS20 Ride is currently on eBay.

User Info Menu

Haha! I just noticed you're in AU. Shipping would be a tad costly for me. Well, at least you got a great replacement and a killer kit to rock out on!

User Info Menu

Haha! I just noticed you're in AU.
    Yeah I figured that

Check out eBay though, I've picked up all my cymbals for awesome prices.

User Info Menu

My local music store has had a re-assurgance of Premier products recently, a couple of years ago there was basically no Premier stuff, they have some real nice vintage kit's in there now. They've got some of the newer stuff too, the APK's and Olympic's, but I don't know which ones are the better kit.
    Ludwig Accent CS Custom- Black with Chrome Hardware
    22 x 18 Bass Drum with Evans EMAD batter and EMAD reso
    6 x 14 Snare with Evans Genera HD Dry batter over Hazy 300
    12 x 9 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    13 x 10 Tom Remo Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 16 Floor Tom Pinstripe over Remo Clear Ambassador
    16 x 18 ^

User Info Menu

The new APK's are better than the Olympics, but the XPK's are better still. They're the 'low-end' maple kit. The APK's are maple/basswood.

User Info Menu

hmm, maple and basswood.. mixing the low with the high? brilliant!