View Poll Results: Which brand of sticks do you use??

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ahead

2 4.44%
  • Pro mark

11 24.44%
  • Sound Percussion

4 8.89%
  • Vater

4 8.89%
  • Vic Firth

35 77.78%
  • Yamaha

0 0%
  • Zildjian

6 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you play with brand name stix?

User Info Menu

Default How many of you play with brand name stix?

My apologies if anything like this has ever been posted. Feel free to delete it if it has.

My question to everyone is: How much do you spend on sticks every month? Do you play brand name?

If I didn't list your stick feel free to add it in here.
    Last edited by Guitarfool5931; 01-06-2009 at 02:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: How many of you play with brand name stix?

I use Vic Firth because they are pretty good quality for the price. The more I learn and the better I become, the less I buy sticks. I've gotten a a couple of months out of my current sticks, and I play daily, averaging about 1 hour/day. I have also used Pro Mark and Zildjian sticks, and were happy with both as well.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

i buy vic firth, only because i like the stick bundles that they have, its always the first one that i grab. i guess i wouldent mind owning a set of 5a ahead sticks again, those were pretty nice too.

Larrysperf Guest

I use a set a month, pretty much as I dont like gettin to much saw dust on my heads lol Nuff said

User Info Menu

i like dennis chambers stick but it has quite alot of laker on it
    TAMA Bubbinga omni-tunes. iron corbra single pedal, Sabian AAX, Vault, & Evolution cymbals, Evans drumheads

User Info Menu

i use steve gadd signature vic firths very light and versitile i have a fresh pair for back up so id say about i buy a pair a munt i got a free pair the other day cause they messed up my purchase at guitar center
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

i spent about $35 on vic firth sticks and practice pad because the guy at the music store i went 2 said they were good.

User Info Menu

what kind of vic firths ?
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9

User Info Menu

a double sided pad and rock maple a5 boleros

User Info Menu

nice how is that pad i was thinking about getting the remo one or the aquarioun
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9

User Info Menu

Well, my current set are Pro Mark sticks 7A, good 'ol American Hickory. In the past I have also been partial ot Vic Firth and Zildjan as brands. All that ebing said I want a set of Ahead sticks - the Joey Jordisson ones- not becuase they are JJ, but becuase these are very strong, good sticks that also have the lightweight feel of 7A's about them. I just don't have $80 to spend on sticks at present.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

I love pro mark they feel just right for me
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

i hardly spen anything on sticks, i am not doing gigs or anything right now though, i spend like 8 bucks a month maybe not even every month more like every two months
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum'z View Post
    i spent about $35 on vic firth sticks and practice pad because the guy at the music store i went 2 said they were good.

Did you just start drumming? How do you like them so far?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    Well, my current set are Pro Mark sticks 7A, good 'ol American Hickory. In the past I have also been partial ot Vic Firth and Zildjan as brands. All that ebing said I want a set of Ahead sticks - the Joey Jordisson ones- not becuase they are JJ, but becuase these are very strong, good sticks that also have the lightweight feel of 7A's about them. I just don't have $80 to spend on sticks at present.
    I had a pair of ahead drum sticks when I had just started learning. I didnt like slipknot and dont like playing metal. Dont ask me why I bought them. I guess I just thought sticks made out of something other than wood was cool. Anyway I must have been hitting the cymbals wrong or something because I broke/bent a pair of them. They stayed in the corner of my room somewhere and I never used them again. I like wood.

User Info Menu

I always used Regal sticks (for the past 30 + years ).

One time I bought a pair of Promark sticks that had a curve in them like a banana , and have never bought another pair other than Regal since then.

User Info Menu

Default Pro Mark

Pro Mark Millineum 5-A round tip

User Info Menu

I use to play with ProMark, Vic Firth, Vater, Zildjian or whatever stick felt good and balanced in my hand. Several months ago while visiting one of my favorite drum shops, my girlfriend spotted Zildjian Heavy Jazz sticks. They are a little bit heavier and longer than 7A's, but still has the taper of a 7A. The Zildjian Heavy Jazz stick hold up very well and the tips don't chip like some of the more expensive models I've been trying. The name Heavy Jazz might be a turn off for some, but because of the weight and feel, you can use these sticks where you would normally use a 5A. Now I'm using the Heavy Jazz sticks most of the time along with any good 7A or 5A.

Dennis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    I use Vic Firth because they are pretty good quality for the price. The more I learn and the better I become, the less I buy sticks. I've gotten a a couple of months out of my current sticks.
    thats true i use Vic Firth and i cant complain they are durable and cheap. Im gonna keep buying to until i can affor pros. (i heard those are good correct me if im wrong)
    “The noisiest drum has nothing in it but air”

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    I always used Regal sticks (for the past 30 + years ).

One time I bought a pair of Promark sticks that had a curve in them like a banana , and have never bought another pair other than Regal since then.
    I have a confession to make.........ever since I saw a thread where PHROGGE mentioned he used Ahead drum sticks , I went on their web-site and have had the urge to go check out a pair .

User Info Menu

I use Vic Firth 7As and Zildjian 7As, although I own various pairs of sticks
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Vic Firth Rock N. Have used them for as long as I can remember. Chew them up and spit them out, break/trash at least one pair per gig. Usually get a couple of rehearsals out of a pair. I use them for kindling in the fireplace when they break.

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

I LOVE the VF 5A's.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up on the ahead sticks - i'm still curious to check out the ones I've bene looking at - i want an opportunity to really hit the crap out of some cymbals and that - i just haven't done it yet. Like I said they are pricey, but they also reckon they're unbreakable or near enough. That's the first time i've heard of something like that happening to someone so you might have just gotten a dodgy set - afterall it does happen.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

vick firths weckles purple and gadds black, ............I hate the colour brown.

Official cowbell hater.