Thread: Help double bass pedel

User Info Menu

Default Help double bass pedel

I use a double bass pedal but say when my right foot is off the pedeal and im using my left foot the right pedel starts to move and jump around lol is this normal or do i have somthing set up wrong...?

User Info Menu

well first of all your right foot should never leave the pedal....even if your not playing it at the moment it should remain rested on the pedal which will cut down on that a bit i think...also you may have soemthing too tihgt on the pedal that would cause that.....just a thought...good lluck with that..

User Info Menu

I used to have an old Pearl set that did that when I pulled my left foot off to use my hats. The only way I was ever able to get it to stop was to tear the whole peddle apart and give it a good cleaning. Graphite the heck out of it and it will be good as new.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Loosening the little clamp that attaches the pedal to the bass drum hoop might help also.

User Info Menu

Check your right pedal is clamped to your bass drum firmly, sometimes this can come loose while playing and will need to be tightened every so often.

If your pedal is equipped with spikes to stop it from moving around, use them. If your left pedal is not anchored firmly, the whole device will move as you're effectively transferring the momentum of the left pedal to the right.

HB58

User Info Menu

I use Double bass alot,And I have never heard of the Right foot coming off.If Your using a Tama Iron Cobra Double Pedal I know that if the Spring Tention is too tight You can Loosen it and that should help some with Your Problem.Well You can do that with any Pedal really....And make sure it's clamped tight on the Bass Drum,And the Spikes are firmly gripped to the Floor......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58
    Check your right pedal is clamped to your bass drum firmly, sometimes this can come loose while playing and will need to be tightened every so often.

If your pedal is equipped with spikes to stop it from moving around, use them. If your left pedal is not anchored firmly, the whole device will move as you're effectively transferring the momentum of the left pedal to the right.

HB58
    Keep in mind pedals will also move some if they don't have steel plates underneath the body. When buying a double pedal you should consider the foot plates. Many of them have default now.

User Info Menu

Never heard of anyone taking their right foot off of the primary BD pedal, unless they are left handed and have their set inverted.
    ~John K.~