Thread: Drum sheet music

User Info Menu

Post Drum sheet music

Does anyone know where to download drum sheet music, preferably for free?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum sheet music

i already asked this they said its rare what song u looking for specifically ?
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

There's a lot of free drum tabs out there but I'm not aware of anything for drum sheet music.

User Info Menu

I just googled "drum sheet music" and a bunch of free stuff came up. Check it out.

User Info Menu

I'm self-taught and currently getting lessons, learning music etc. I've always just listened to a song and figured out the pattern, usually the easiest way. I want to broaden what I do and do it properly - challenge myself. An example of a song wouyld be "On Call" by Kings of Leon. There's a triple foot pedal in there and a solo, and I'd want to do it properly (might regret that!).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    I'm self-taught and currently getting lessons, learning music etc. I've always just listened to a song and figured out the pattern, usually the easiest way. I want to broaden what I do and do it properly - challenge myself. An example of a song wouyld be "On Call" by Kings of Leon. There's a triple foot pedal in there and a solo, and I'd want to do it properly (might regret that!).
    Great song, I love the drummer from Kings of Leon!

User Info Menu

Thanks!

User Info Menu

i looked free drum music up in google and i found lots of stuff but http://rdeneau.free.fr/ has a pretty good archive of music by the police, green day, jimi hendrix, radiohead, led zeppelin... that u can print right off that pdf viewing program.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum'z View Post
    i looked free drum music up in google and i found lots of stuff but http://rdeneau.free.fr/ has a pretty good archive of music by the police, green day, jimi hendrix, radiohead, led zeppelin... that u can print right off that pdf viewing program.

hey thank u so much ive learned the widow by the mars volta by ear and i found the sheet music on this site thanks
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9

User Info Menu

no problem
    Last edited by drum'z; 01-06-2009 at 09:26 PM.

User Info Menu

I dunno - perosnally not a fan of the whole Kings of Leon thing..... and dont' be foolwed his drumming isn't necassarily as complex as it sounds. Although I'm not familiar with the song your talking about - so maybe on that one he actually does something challenging.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

There are quite a few here:-
    http://uk.geocities.com/paulvwilliam...DrumCharts.htm

BTW just checked out http://rdeneau.free.fr/en/index.php3 . First one I checked was Rosanna by Toto. They've completely ignored the Ghost notes! On first viewing, Basket Case by Green Day looks about right though.

Andy

User Info Menu

I've always just listened to a song and figured out the pattern, usually the easiest way.
    Not getting at you Downunder, I note
    ...currently getting lessons, learning music etc.
    However, for the newbies on here, Learning to read Drum music, isn't just about learning songs. It's a really useful skill to have. I always say that for every 100 pounds I earned in my career, I earned 99 of them because I could read. There are many gigs though where sightreading is essential. For example, I spent most of my 20s floating round the world on luxury cruise ships being handsomely paid for doing something I loved. Part of the job though, a large part, was at times I would be flown out to a ship, get onboard at 5.00pm, and start playing the first set at 7.00. After a dance set, there would be the first of the shows. Usually on click, with Choreography, tempo changes and phrasing. In the audience are people who've paid a minimum of 1000 dollars a week, and many much more than that, and it has to be right. I don't care who you are, if you can't read, you can't do that gig.

It's obviously useful when learning from books, and even if you don't plan on sight-reading gigs, it can be very useful when joining a new band. After an 8 year layoff, I've just joined a band. Instead of the whole band suffering as I learned the songs that they already knew, after the audition, they gave me a CD with all their sets on. I went home, quickly jotted charts out, and next rehearsal we were able to rehearse together at once. I could write the charts WAY faster than I could have learned the songs. Of course, I still have to learn the songs, this isn't the sort of band where music on stage would be appropriate, but it's been a great tool up till now.

Cheers

Andy

User Info Menu

Thanks Andy - I'm sure you're right about reading. Even though I'm at rudimentary level I'm getting great value out of following a score and un-learning patterns that I've been doing for years. I'm in a band and we have about 30 songs learned, but I've just listened to the MP3 and worked the pattern out, or improvised if it was too difficult (eg substituting a rapid tom beat for a too difficult rapid base drum beat with the foot). Accessing sheet music allows you to understand how a song is actually supposed to be played. One sometimes gets impatient with the slowness of following music, but that's what practice is for, right?

Larrysperf Guest

I can scan and email you some

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie2113 View Post
    hey thank u so much ive learned the widow by the mars volta by ear and i found the sheet music on this site thanks
    Great song! I saw TMV a few months ago..... Great band and the LOUDEST concert I've ever been to.

User Info Menu

wow this has been extremely helpful
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    Great song! I saw TMV a few months ago..... Great band and the LOUDEST concert I've ever been to.
    lucky i have yet to see them live but im gonna do a full band cover of the song im not in a band but i also play bass and can play the guitar part if its easy enough im so excited about the fact im gonna record 2 original songs and 2 covers next friday thought u guys would like to know
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie2113 View Post
    lucky i have yet to see them live but im gonna do a full band cover of the song im not in a band but i also play bass and can play the guitar part if its easy enough im so excited about the fact im gonna record 2 original songs and 2 covers next friday thought u guys would like to know
    Sweet! Good Luck and Have Fun

User Info Menu

thanks
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9