Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New drums out there

User Info Menu

Default New drums out there

Anyone heard about these drums yet? Custom Classic Pro Maple 6. A 6 piece kit all maple shells with hardware for $600.00. They have a e-bay store and a thread on you-tube. Can anybody check this out and let me know if this is a good deal? Thanks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: New drums out there

Hey Wolvie, Welcome to Drum Chat!!

I for one have not heard of them, but I'll definitely check into them. Seems like a very good price at a glance..........thanks for pointing it out to us.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Hello Drum Chat! I'm a newbie here... I just wanted to say that I just went back to playing drums after 20 years on guitar.I purchased a Gretsch Renown kit,and absolutely love them! They're the Inca Gold sparkle set,and they sound incredible! I removed the Evans G2 heads,and put on a set of Remo "Emperors" with some Moon Jels.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thedrumdeli View Post
    Hello Drum Chat! I'm a newbie here... I just wanted to say that I just went back to playing drums after 20 years on guitar.I purchased a Gretsch Renown kit,and absolutely love them! They're the Inca Gold sparkle set,and they sound incredible! I removed the Evans G2 heads,and put on a set of Remo "Emperors" with some Moon Jels.
    Pics now.

Oh, and...welcome to DC of course
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Wolvie and Thedrumdeli, welcome to Drum Chat!

Wolvie, I haven't heard of those drums either. I tried to Google it, and came up with a vintage drum maker, whose price weren't near what you mentioned. I guess I'd have to see and hear the drums before I would know if they were any good. I do know that I have a Gretsch Catalina Maple kit that went for $699 as a shell pack, and it is an intermediate kit. The economy is tough all over, so maybe you ran into a very special buy.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie56 View Post
    Anyone heard about these drums yet? Custom Classic Pro Maple 6. A 6 piece kit all maple shells with hardware for $600.00. They have a e-bay store and a thread on you-tube. Can anybody check this out and let me know if this is a good deal? Thanks.
    Okay, I found them on eBay. This appears to be a "house brand" sold by Sigler Music in Arkansas, and they advertise it to compete with the Gretsch Catalinas. My local shop also has a "house brand" called Union, which are very entry level. The Custom Classics look better, but for that kind of money, I would spend just a little more and go with a known commodity.

There's also no way to tell what this company's customer service is like (and they do state very emphatically ALL SALES FINAL!!), and the hardware looks a bit questionable.

I would certainly rather deal with Gretsch or Mapex on any issues than an independent store. There's no way to even tell who actually makes these drums.

There are a lot of deals on Catalinas, Mapex M Birch and Pro M kits, and many others out there right now. Best advice I could give you would be to stick with a name brand.
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

They have an e-bay store site and a blog with how they sound on you-tube. I think they sound and look just as good as their Gretch Catalina kits for less money.

User Info Menu

welcome to dc. are you talking about the pro m's? if you are i say go for it. good set of drums right there

User Info Menu

Take Norske advice...really!

all the best...

User Info Menu

One thing will always remain true...You get what you pay for. There is a world of difference, no matter how insignificant, between a $600 set of drums and $2,000 set of drums. Though you never said so, I get the impression that you are looking for a 1st kit so you can start playing. If that's the case, the best thing I believe that you can do is to find what you need locally. Get to know the music people and teachers. Find out from them what you can expect for what you are able to spend. Start out with the best that you can afford and learn about the instrument...both in terms of how to play it and how to appreciate it. You will hear from many of us in here about how drumming is a Journey. It is a Journey and will last only as long as you are able to maintain it.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Gretsch Cat Maples ftw. -Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    One thing will always remain true...You get what you pay for. There is a world of difference, no matter how insignificant, between a $600 set of drums and $2,000 set of drums. Though you never said so, I get the impression that you are looking for a 1st kit so you can start playing. If that's the case, the best thing I believe that you can do is to find what you need locally. Get to know the music people and teachers. Find out from them what you can expect for what you are able to spend. Start out with the best that you can afford and learn about the instrument...both in terms of how to play it and how to appreciate it. You will hear from many of us in here about how drumming is a Journey. It is a Journey and will last only as long as you are able to maintain it.
    Thanks for the advice. But on the visit stores thing, there is only one music store within 100 miles of where I live, and they only have a 5 pc. Sonor kit w/ Perrcussion Plus hardware for $1200.00 which I wasn't impressed with. I wanted to spend as far under $1000.00 as I could for my first kit so I could get other stuff to go with it. I did the research on this kit and found it to be at least as good as any other 6 pc. maple kit for a lot less money. I think that if people don't hear DW, Pearl, Mapex, or Gretch then it's just junk. This kit looks as good as any. You can't go wrong with maple shells. Who knows, maybe their going to be as well known as the others given enough time to spread the word. Here are some pics. P.S. That is a Black Panther 14 x 6.5premium edition snare I found on E-Bay for $150.00.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Neat Kit

User Info Menu

nice kit, whats that white thingy on top of the bassdrum?
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Wolvie...Thanks for posting the photos. That looks like a real nice set up. I like the looks of the leg mounts on the floor toms...sturdy and tight. Maple shells are always going to be a good choice for all purpose drumming. Looks to me like you did all right for yourself...and I really like the blue sparkle. As you continue, think about upgrading your cymbals...that will make you fall in love with your drums all over again.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Cool..Chris Ward thanks you! -Les

User Info Menu

Andreeew
    Top Dog (Don't mess wit me!) Join Date: Aug 2007

Re: New drums out there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nice kit, whats that white thingy on top of the bassdrum?

That is a dust/lint picker-upper thingy.
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    19" Paragon China
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

wow gretsches sure are vintage looking

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    wow gretsches sure are vintage looking
    what? -Les

User Info Menu

Re: New drums out there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolvie...Thanks for posting the photos. That looks like a real nice set up. I like the looks of the leg mounts on the floor toms...sturdy and tight. Maple shells are always going to be a good choice for all purpose drumming. Looks to me like you did all right for yourself...and I really like the blue sparkle. As you continue, think about upgrading your cymbals...that will make you fall in love with your drums all over again.

Thanks, man. Yeah your right, the B8's are okay, but their bottom of the line. Decent cymbals are so darn expensive. But in due time I'm planning on upgrading. The 2 cymbals over the roto's are Sabian AA mediums, (17" & 18") that have small cracks in them that I repaired. New ones probably sound a lot better, eh? What do you play and/or like?
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    19" Paragon China
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

hey im just sayin

User Info Menu

Congrats on the kit Wolvie! You can understand that without being there to evaluate it personally, it can be difficult to trust what a retail store advertises. Many people here have learned that hard lesson. I am glad to see that it was not the case for you, and that you were able to make a good decision.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Congrats on the kit Wolvie! You can understand that without being there to evaluate it personally, it can be difficult to trust what a retail store advertises. Many people here have learned that hard lesson. I am glad to see that it was not the case for you, and that you were able to make a good decision.

How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world!
    --William Shakespeare

Thanks, Pastor Bob, I understand fully. It was actually a choice between the Gretsch Catalina kit, which is what you play, right, or the Customs. I thought that the Customs sounded fuller to me, so I went that way. That was just my decision, as the Cat's are awsome also. Who knows, maybe the Customs will get popular in time and be able to compete with Gretsch, Pearl, Mapex etc.
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    19" Paragon China
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie56 View Post
    Who knows, maybe the Customs will get popular in time and be able to compete with Gretsch, Pearl, Mapex etc.
    Actually, who cares? They already competed and won since you chose them over the others. Your wish has come true and it looks like you got yourself a very nice setup.

I wouldn't spend one minute defending them. Play them proud. They look super!!!
    Signature here