Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you practice?

User Info Menu

yeah same here i had to re arrange everything

User Info Menu

it sucked because i had to move everything alone and i had like 200 pounds worth of books in my dresser
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

i hav an electric kit set up in my room with headphones n my parents stil complain cos they can hear a faint tap elsewher...talk about dull!

User Info Menu

well your parents sound lame no offence but my parents love my loud accoustic set
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Where do you practice?

I just practice in my room, where my drums live =] Apart from when I take them for a walk at gigs or rehearsals in the studio.
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

I practice upstairs above my parents supermarket. its in the middle of the town and people are always asking me who's the drummer but never complain. weird haha
    Got to stop hitting my self in the face with those drumsticks!!

User Info Menu

In the basement. I work an off shift so my family isn't home during the day. It's nice to be able to play without disturbing anyone. I have my mother as my next door neighbor which helps too.

User Info Menu

lounge room.....

it just sounds better on Jarrah floorboards

User Info Menu

I pratis in the frnis room at my parins thay us to let me us my old room but my mom is a well you koew she sed thay eat thow the walls well at lest we have crasey in comin lol ps sorrey im disslexick i try

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Jamie .

Im still using my kids rec room for practice . Right now theres 2 drum sets , a set of congas , pa system , set of bells , 3 or 4 guitars a violin ,and 3 amplifiers in the room.

My daughter is getting mad cause she cant plug in the disco ball and karoke machine . I wanted my carpet guy to show up this week-end to finish the drum room in the basement but he was busy . I will post some pics when its done , Ive been working on iy for about 2 years .

User Info Menu

basement. Was my wife's idea to put my music equipment down there.

User Info Menu

I used to have them in the Dining room but my guests did not enjoy being served dinner on floor toms. So now they are in the basement.

Cheers,
    John

User Info Menu

Got a decent sized bonus room above the garage. It's apparently built well because you can only hear my drums to about the end of my driveway. So I can rock out as long as I want. Well at least I could rock out as long as I want if I could rock out. So I guess I should say I can bang away like a madman...oh, never mind.
    Robert

"Ok Guys This Is In Da Key Of Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick...." - SIR PHROGGE

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write a sonnet, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert Heinlein

Zildjian League #1 Flunkie

User Info Menu

I have a spare bedroom, now that my oldest son is grown up and out of the house, so have the drums in there.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

garage but its gonna have to be my apartment when i get it lets talk sound proffing if i put pillows in the window and the doors it wont be as loud will it ?
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

I practice out in my 24' utility trailer about 75' away from the house. I run a heater out there because it's about 30 deg outside, a cd player to play along with and usually one or two glasses of Riesling wine works fine.