Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you practice?

User Info Menu

Default Where do you practice?

Basement, shed, storage unit, bedroom ?
    I know we drive other people crazy sometimes... but hey..."Nature of the beast".

User Info Menu

my mom locks me in the closet, so i just practice in there.

no man, i've always tried to practice in my apartment. they call the cops sometimes. nothing i can do about that.
    max

User Info Menu

i conned my church into letting me use one of their old class rooms they don't use anymore....they even gave me a key!!!!....and it's a cement room which is sucky for sound but it's quiet outside and it's in the middle of town so there are no resedential ppl to care even if it was loud outside....it's only like a mile or two from my apt. too so that's not too bad...it's kinda ironic though when i bring a hard core metal band cussin up a storm into a church....

User Info Menu

I've got them in the family room. Luckily the neighbors tolerate it.

User Info Menu

I grew up in the country. My brother (he played guitar) and I used to practice outside. No neighbors for miles!

User Info Menu

In the shower....LOL!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

lol, he said "in the shower"
    max

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia
    i conned my church into letting me use one of their old class rooms they don't use anymore....they even gave me a key!!!!....and it's a cement room which is sucky for sound but it's quiet outside and it's in the middle of town so there are no resedential ppl to care even if it was loud outside....it's only like a mile or two from my apt. too so that's not too bad...it's kinda ironic though when i bring a hard core metal band cussin up a storm into a church....
    You conned Jesus ?!....Dude, you are so screwed!
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

i got them set up in my room.... luckily i've goten a huge room so when my friends come over ( i have 3 friends that play guitar and 1 that plays bass ) they all can just be in my room
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    You conned Jesus ?!....Dude, you are so screwed!
    hhee...that didn't sound right did it....ok so i didn't con anyone....they just like me cuz im nice...how's that?

User Info Menu

Default yup

Since I live in a really small apartament I only have room to practice in the kitchen... yup...right next to the refrigerator.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sehnsucht
    Since I live in a really small apartament I only have room to practice in the kitchen... yup...right next to the refrigerator.

Hey, you can actually have dinner while practicing.....INGENIOUS!!! I'm coming to your place!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

haha....nice....

User Info Menu

hm... that must be fun (i love food) you could play the drums take a 2 minute break to grab something outa your fridge and go back to drumming... sounds like an awesome plan
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

in the basement... pa set up and everything, where my band practices

User Info Menu

I play in my bedroom witch happens to be in my besement and I make my parents tolerate it. I also have friends that play guitar and bass so we have jam sessions when the parentals are out of town

User Info Menu

i play in the bedroom with a pa setup so i can hear the tracks .luckily the whole street are behind me 100% so i can make a go of a dream i`ve had since i was a kid .So far i`ve had no complaints .I think people will only complain if you p[lay at unreasonable times .i play between 11am and 3pm every day so i get a good 4 hours practice and no-one is paticularly bothered by it .

dave

User Info Menu

dang....i wish i had 4 hrs a day to prac drums...or even 1 hr for that matter....

User Info Menu

My guitarist and I rent a huge 4 bedroom house. The front living room has all our band equipment set up (PA, acoustic drums, amps, etc...) while the family room in the back has my electronic drum kit set up. We only have 1 neighbor who is only home on the weekends, so we can jam out at 3:00am if we want to.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

in my tiny pink going to be white and wine red (my drum color) previously dining room bedroom
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

my bedroom corner...
    my room is right out front of house so when people walk past i go nuts and scare em...

also the neighbores hate it... my fault..... YES.... may im add im proud of it.

User Info Menu

I practice in my enclosed shed in my farm, were i am away from any complaints of noise level and can play as long as i want!

User Info Menu

i play out in the garage. But the thing is nobody complains (except for occasionally my sister) cuz i have no neighbors. live out in the country with the rats the the coyotes lol but our private dirt road is about a half mile long so no one for a little over half a mile lol
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Damn. I play in my room on my kit which takes up half the room because my room is tiny. Not only that but i dont have a door to my room so its extra loud

User Info Menu

i feel your pain man my set takes up like half of my tiny room i had to move everything for there to be enough space for it
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.