Thread: Just starting a band

User Info Menu

Default Just starting a band

Me and a few guys are thinking about starting a band... but have no clue where to start.... any tips? lol we only have a band name

jarhead Guest

well...get everyone together..keep it small at first...write some lyrics start practicing,and rock the world!

drummonkey Guest

wow we didn get a name tell resonly but relly do wat jarhead said

User Info Menu

Default getting help

First of all you guys need to play an easy song that someone you all like has all ready made. Like "Animal I have Become" Three Days Grace is an easy song for everybody especially the drummer so go at it and melt some faces!

User Info Menu

umm another good one that get the kids on my block goin' ish "Sleep now in the fire" by rage agianst machine and the drums arnt that hard either
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

Start by talking about your influences, sometimes bands don't work out because of people's different tastes in music. If you're all on the same page though, you should be fine.

Pick some bands you like and learn a few covers, after you have become proficient as a team, get into writing your own originals.

HB58

User Info Menu

also make sure that everyone has roughly the same goals in mind. if everyone wants to do different things with their musical careers then your probably gonna split up.
    music = life

User Info Menu

I'm a big fan of AC/DC covers. Almost everybody likes them, and they're really easy to play.

As far as names go, I think "Flock Of Dead Turtles" is still available.