Default Darn!

I cant afford the td-12 !!!!

Whats a cheapest alternative guys?

Td-9 ?

Im a sad panda

User Info Menu

Default Re: Darn!

roland's starter kits are around 800-1000 figure range

if your heart set on a cheaper kit, i'd spend no less than that, because all you will get is junk

User Info Menu

I agree with you , i was just wondering about how much worse the td9-kx is , compared to the td-12.

The price difference is huge ( at least for me )

we are talking about 1600 euros ( td-9) Vs 2500 euros ( td-12)

In the td12 price u also have to add the Hi-Hat stand , which on the td-9 is incorporated on the Rack..
    I mean , i dont want to buy garbage , but 1000 euros difference is alot for me :(
    What would u do guys?

User Info Menu

Any1 else wants to share his immense knowledge ?

User Info Menu

Buy used ! go after a used td 12 or the td 10 is very good choice used for less than $2000 usd sweet set big snare and toms. If that's too much go for a used td-6 sxt set

User Info Menu

From memory the differences are that the td9 only has a mesh snare, and the hi hat isn't a real pedal/hi-hat setup like the td12 and td20. Not sure about the kick. Beyond that they have very similar brain units/modules so the overall sounds are still very similar.

Yamaha's are cheaper alternatives, but they also aren't as good (IMO). You may have access to a brand called Hart, who make the drum part of the electronic kit - they are Roland quality with a lower price tag. You'd still need to get a module, but this might be another option to spend a little less., but no guarantees they are available in your country.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?