Thread: Dci

User Info Menu

Default Dci

Has any of you guys and gals marched in a drum and bugle corp? if so with who and when.. I marched a Div 3 corp Knoxville Volunteers 97-98.
    in the pocket

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dci

Snare line at Carolina Crown and Phantom Regiment

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Dci

I Marched Wif "Marion Cadets" In Ohio 1963-1967,loved Da Corps So Much I Played 3rd Soprano Bugle 6 Weeks !!!
    Dis Was Back In Da Day When Ya Had 12 Minutes From Goaline To Goaline And If Ya Couldnyt Carry It,Ya Couldnt
    Use It....When Racine Kilties Shocked Da Drum Corp World Doin "Macarthur's Park" As A Concert Piece;Madison Scouts Scared Us All Wif "Headchoppers" And Chicago Caviliers Was A Sr Corp(over 21)!!!!My Dad Marched(and Judged) My Bro & Sis Marched As Well!!Once A Drum Corp Nut Always A Drum Corp Nut....
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    I Marched Wif "Marion Cadets" In Ohio 1963-1967,loved Da Corps So Much I Played 3rd Soprano Bugle 6 Weeks !!!
    Dis Was Back In Da Day When Ya Had 12 Minutes From Goaline To Goaline And If Ya Couldnyt Carry It,Ya Couldnt
    Use It....When Racine Kilties Shocked Da Drum Corp World Doin "Macarthur's Park" As A Concert Piece;Madison Scouts Scared Us All Wif "Headchoppers" And Chicago Caviliers Was A Sr Corp(over 21)!!!!My Dad Marched(and Judged) My Bro & Sis Marched As Well!!Once A Drum Corp Nut Always A Drum Corp Nut....

Got that right, Phroggee...once a drum corps nut, always a drum corps nut.

I remember the Kilties and MacArthur Park. The "Scouts" shocked everybody with a perfect 10 for drumline and the 1975 closer "The Way We Were." Ray Baumgard was a fine arranger.
    I wrote my own marching band arrangement of The Way We Were and it got the desired response. I'll never forget the 1986 Cavaliers with "Mars" from The Planets by Holst and the very beautiful "Variations On A Korean Folk Song." I did my own band arr. of that and used the Percussion section to feature the 3rd variation.

I wasn't always just a Big Band drummer!!
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    I was going to audition for the Marion cadets last year, but they folded >.<

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Dci

sorry Frank....i should be trashed wif a 3s drumstick....my bad...
    but dang those was da days....i lost so much money on roadtrips playin cards dat my mom promised me a real drumset if i quit...so i ended up wif a LUDWIG drumkit so old that da bottom head of mounted tom was riveted on....32"bassdrum 8x12 mounted 16" floor!!! had da name "THE PLOPS" written on front bassdrum head,,,,i have no idea how old but i believe it ws from da 40's,,,,
    I bought a 20"zildjian ride(my son has it now)and my hihats were NEWBEATS...i still have and use them ...
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

I marched with two corps back in the 70s. I marched with the Greece Cadets, from Greece NY (who have since folded) their first year as a DCI junior corp. The following 2 seasons I marched with the Rochester Crusaders Sr. DCA Corp. Then I went in the Navy and haven't been involved in Drum Corp since, except for attending a few shows. I have marched with a few parade bands since then, but nothing as thrilling as playing a drum Corp show. Although I started with the Greece Cadets on bells, I wound up playing Baritone horn with both corps.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lil_mawl View Post
    Snare line at Carolina Crown and Phantom Regiment
    When?

Me, No. I got cut from a corp recently because I freaked out on tenors and went to bass. Was'nt exactly the strongest technique wise since I was running on 2 days of experience. Im going back for tenors next year though.