Thread: New Drum Cover!

User Info Menu

Default New Drum Cover!

Hey guys

Heres my new Drum Cover that i just put on u tube, its a Blink 182 song and is Called Down. I think i did an okay job of it, not played completely correct and i made a few mistakes but overall i thought it went fairly good, considering ive only been playing for about 1 month now.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=I6QgJr...e=channel_page

Enjoy!, Let me know what u think, and plz subsribe!

Thanks
    Dan
    Mapex VX 5 Piece
    Zildjian Symbol Pack

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Drum Cover!

Dan25,

Good show, a few thoughts and I am only offering from the view of the camera. It looks like you have to reach for that ride with your right hand, the way you twist your wrist looks a bit painful. You look relaxed and that is key, timing was 98% on the spot. Your throne seemed just a tad bit too far back but then again when you did your fills you appreared as if you were not reaching so likely the angle of the camera makes it appear you are to far back. Hats, play around a bit, I did not see them open at all. The song may or may not call for that but then again I do not try and mimic 100% of another's work, it's fun to add at times my own flare. Try and choke them a bit more too, tends to take aways that tin sound from time to time. Look forward to your next cover.

Great job, better then I was at a month heck for that matter at six months.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    Dan25,

Good show, a few thoughts and I am only offering from the view of the camera. It looks like you have to reach for that ride with your right hand, the way you twist your wrist looks a bit painful. You look relaxed and that is key, timing was 98% on the spot. Your throne seemed just a tad bit too far back but then again when you did your fills you appreared as if you were not reaching so likely the angle of the camera makes it appear you are to far back. Hats, play around a bit, I did not see them open at all. The song may or may not call for that but then again I do not try and mimic 100% of another's work, it's fun to add at times my own flare. Try and choke them a bit more too, tends to take aways that tin sound from time to time. Look forward to your next cover.

Great job, better then I was at a month heck for that matter at six months.
    thanks for the advice mate
    Mapex VX 5 Piece
    Zildjian Symbol Pack

User Info Menu

Nice job, Dan!!!

It sounded really good!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Nice job, Dan!!!