Thread: Building an electric kit

User Info Menu

Default Building an electric kit

What is the easiest way and best quality way to trigger mesh heads in an acrylic shelled kit im gonna build. The plan is to build shells to put mesh heads on and then trigger them some how and run them through a td 12 or 20 brain.

I have learnt a bit about building triggers but im more so after a unit i can just buy and fit, Unless someone has a professional looking easy way to to build one?

Thanks dudes!
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Default Re: Building an electric kit

ive messed around with making my own ekits. the parts are pretty cheap but the quality just isnt there. nothing i've ever built survived the 2 month mark.

this guy did it the best of what ive seen

http://users.pandora.be/philippe.ceu...drum/index.htm

he uses a mesh head with the piezo in the center (basically what roland does)

heres a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79gInn4hgEQ

the only problem with doing it like this is, if you hit the very center where the piezo trigger touches the head, even a gentle tap will play it at full volume

like i said before, DIY e-kits work, but i wont try it again, i'll leave it to the pros.

User Info Menu

2slow is the man around here to ask - he did it to his saturns - a few years back if i remember
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Yep, 2slows got the corner on that innovation!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I talk with stevo alot he knows more than he lets on ! Stevo you need to just invent and build the baddest triggers anywhere. And then send me a set to test for ya !!

My lastest an M Birch conversion !