Thread: A relatable message from Simon Phillips

User Info Menu

Default A relatable message from Simon Phillips

I just watched this video of Simon.

I could relate to almost everything he said and his stage experiences.

I could not play anywhere near the calibur he exhibits. But I did own green drums once.

I hope you who gig, can also relate....enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE1gkpZ6V1c
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: A relatable message from Simon Phillips

Great insights. Maybe one day I'll be able to relate from the drumming aspect.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Oh man, you gotta be able to relate to that! I think some of the things he said are what we never really say to anyone. I can be a heads down drummer at times - sometimes I have to be because I'm looking around so much I can get distracted. Oh yeah, DID we do that second chorus already?? Love it!

Boy, he sure makes that groove to Africa look easy, huh? Well I suppose if you've played it a thousand times!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

cool, loves his left foot.

Official cowbell hater.

Larrysperf Guest

I wont go there but I rarly look down. I think its from my younger days lookin at all the girls in front of stage lol Nuff Said

User Info Menu

The part that really gave me a chuckle was when he was telling about him and Luk having a crack up moment on stage. And they showed the vid of it.

That happened to us a few shows ago. Our singer changes costumes between songs. She has a wireless mic and moves around a lot with it.

At first she would run behind the PA cab to change but have to run back out to do back up vocals, as one of the others would be singing lead on a song so she could change.

As the shows progressed and she'd get smarter about costume changes she now would keep a second mic stand where she'd change so she could still do her back up vocals and still change costumes.

Until....the one time....when she was done changing...we started the next song and she ran out to start singing and at that very second realized the mic was still in the stand behind the stage....

Needless to say we had to repeat the beginning to bring her in again and all the while the bassist and I are in stitches laughing so hard cuz we saw her run up to the empty mic stand and there was no mic.
    Signature here