Thread: Hit Hat for Yamaha DTXpress III

User Info Menu

Default Hit Hat for Yamaha DTXpress III

Have this kit as a quiet practice kit in the house. Great also for pumping an iPod through to play along to.

The only issue is playing a pad for the hats. Anyone have experience with the full blown hi-hats? I see online there's a pad that hooks up to a regular hi-hat stand, but I don't see a full blown one like Roland has.

They are pretty expensive, so I'm hoping to find a used one, but only if it's really worth it.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hit Hat for Yamaha DTXpress III

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Have this kit as a quiet practice kit in the house. Great also for pumping an iPod through to play along to.

The only issue is playing a pad for the hats. Anyone have experience with the full blown hi-hats? I see online there's a pad that hooks up to a regular hi-hat stand, but I don't see a full blown one like Roland has.

They are pretty expensive, so I'm hoping to find a used one, but only if it's really worth it.
    hats are the weakest part of an e kit in my opinion.

Official cowbell hater.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Have this kit as a quiet practice kit in the house. Great also for pumping an iPod through to play along to. The only issue is playing a pad for the hats. Anyone have experience with the full blown hi-hats? I see online there's a pad that hooks up to a regular hi-hat stand, but I don't see a full blown one like Roland has.
    I've owned and used both the RHH-130 and RHH-135 with Yamaha modules (DTXtreme/DTXtreme II/DTXtreme III).

The RHH-130 is attached to the hi-hat stand and only the clutch moves up and down. IMO, better than a round drum pad, but the playing surface remains stationary. The RHH-135 attaches to the clutch and the pad moves up and down with the clutch. More like the action of a real hi-hat and I paid $209.00 for mine. Hope this helped out.

RHH-130 bottom view

RHH-135 side view

RHH-135 bottom view

User Info Menu

never had any real problem with the hats other than sensitivity to different levels of grace