Thread: sonor drums

User Info Menu

Default sonor drums

any body got any opinions on sonor drumsets? cuz i'm thinkin about buying one.
    holla

User Info Menu

I think they are a good set. I have heard they are a little pricey. But if you have the money and that is what you want then go for it...

User Info Menu

what line are you looking at? sonors top line designers and sq2 custom drums are smokin' . the intermediate force (2005-3005) line is some pretty good bang for the buck too.

User Info Menu

Well, there hardwere is ought to be good, I don't know about the cymbals etc ...

User Info Menu

I have heard Sonor Drums are good....

User Info Menu

I have heard their good aswell.

User Info Menu

The Delight Series is pretty nice...Sonor has alot of great Snare Drums,And I am pretty sure that their sets are just as nice....

User Info Menu

yow...
    i have sonor drums here...
    force 2001 from china
    ............the sound is great and i like it or i say love it...
    http://www.sonor.com/cgi-sys/Sonor_F...gl=&kcpb-id=nc
    Last edited by eligacer; 01-06-2007 at 03:15 AM.

User Info Menu

In Australia, the intermediate Sonor kits (the Force 3005 series) are outselling and outperforming the brands that used to be really popular in this range (Tama, Pearl).

They sound great to me.

User Info Menu

i just got some sonor 2005's birch shells. i really like them, they sound very good
    even with the standard issue skins on,

anyway ye the kit is good solid, hardware is good, my mate who knows more than me liked them too. theres the 3005 maple or 2005 birch. i dunno about the more expensive ones. i had a thread about it somewhere, the genaral opinion i found is people prefer maple as its gives lower sound. but saying that i really like the sound off the birch. yes i would recomend these drums. id look round first though for the cheapest price, i found the other day i cudda saved a bit. the finishes are nice too.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

I was just looking at 3 brands to buy Sonor,PDP,Yamaha. I bought the Yamaha but they were a pro series so not really apples to apples. I was looking at the sonor force 3005 series maple. They were my second choice!! like the other drummer said .....good bang for the buck....excellent kick drum sound! Only think i did like was the fact they were made in china

User Info Menu

had one sold one i wasn,t to impressed with mini boom stands and thier little t.a.r unit nor the fact that they are made in china.... toys are made in china and to me drums are not toys so..... but anyhow they got lots of punch very punchy drums and the pedals are pretty sweet .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newfounddrums
    I was just looking at 3 brands to buy Sonor,PDP,Yamaha. I bought the Yamaha. Only think i did like was the fact they were made in china
    So you went and bought a Yamaha??????

User Info Menu

Default Yammies

Yeah I dumped the lump! Wondering if i spent to much for my skill level ...oh my little more cahs than brains i guess he he . They are a really nice kit though! excellent sound ,fantastic finish,excellent hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDrummer
    So you went and bought a Yamaha??????

User Info Menu

would you rather have somthing you can grow into, or out of?

User Info Menu

Sonor pays attention to innovation and being different. That's what I love about them. Their drums always have unique hardware and the cymbal stands and feet always look different than everyone elses.

User Info Menu

Sonor drums are pretty good, ive played them at church, but i dont know about the cymbals.
    Percussion is the pulse. With out a pulse, ya dead.
    GIRL DRUMMERS ROCK!!!

User Info Menu

I owen a Sonor force 3005 with the limited blue sparkle finish. I think for the money you cant go wrong. The only issue I have is with the hardware, the boom tends to slip now and then turning my cymbal upside down. My favorite part is the bass drum it has killer low end. Also the blue sparkle is a lacqer finish not a wrap. Good luck!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newfounddrums
    I was just looking at 3 brands to buy Sonor,PDP,Yamaha. I bought the Yamaha but they were a pro series so not really apples to apples. I was looking at the sonor force 3005 series maple. They were my second choice!! like the other drummer said .....good bang for the buck....excellent kick drum sound! Only think i did like was the fact they were made in china
    what does it being made in china have to do with it? Yamaha is a Japanese company...I don't see what location has to do with anything....especially when you're comparing Sonor to Yamaha...
    The egg approves!