Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: PDP Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: PDP Drums Discussion

That New Yorker Kit looks like the perfect gig set. Pretty much all you need. . . . . . .man,I must be getting old!
    Last edited by drummerMD; 06-22-2015 at 06:57 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    I very much like the lug design - probably better than anything else that PDP has done so far. Look very classy to me. Shells are poplar. According to the info I saw, these are offshoots of the DW travelers kits from ten years ago. I have no idea, because I never saw one of them. Don't know if these are on the PDP site yet or not.GeeDeeEmm
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Those lugs do look cool. They look like a combo of DW (top part) and Ludwig (bottom part).

User Info Menu

not gonna lie I also love that New Yorker. The tom mount is the same PDP tom mount though and it looks super big/bulky on that tiny 18" bass drum but that's nit picking. Rest of it is gorgeous

User Info Menu

It took 3 weeks, but last Thursday received my new PDP snare drum. 14x8 18ply 14 ply maple (inner) 4ply bubinga (2 inner/ 2 outer) I swapped the stock batter head for a Genera 1. Still trying to tweak it.

My friendly neighborhood customer rep suggested a high tuning to bring out the best in the drum. Can anyone out there confirm that?

BTW: The price was $214 including tax.

User Info Menu

I've been thinking about getting the 7x13 18 ply bubinga/maple limited edition pdp snare. I've been checking out all the limited editions on line and they have so many choices to choose from,but I think I made my choice.I think that will make a good all around snare.

User Info Menu

With a nice thick ply snare I like a thicker sound. I don't crank those to tight. But it's all personal preference to match the kit and other surrounding sounds IMO.

User Info Menu

I think It'll be just fine, can't go wrong with pdp. All the snares they have sound good. I'll dial it in just fine.

User Info Menu

s1264.photobucket

My new PDP snare drum. 14x8. 18 ply: 14 inner plys are maple / 2 outer and inner plys are bubinga.

Removed batter stock head for an Evans G1.

Customer service rep suggested high tuning.

Anyone familiar with this drum?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jmastrodimos View Post
    s1264.photobucket

My new PDP snare drum. 14x8. 18 ply: 14 inner plys are maple / 2 outer and inner plys are bubinga.

Removed batter stock head for an Evans G1.

Customer service rep suggested high tuning.

Anyone familiar with this drum?
    Link doesn't work for me. Sounds like a nice drum, regardless.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Link doesn't work for me. Sounds like a nice drum, regardless.
    Me either.

User Info Menu

I don't think these have been posted before. These are the PDP New Yorker kit. If I remember correctly, these are 10, 13F, 18BD. I very much like the lug design - probably better than anything else that PDP has done so far. Look very classy to me. Shells are poplar. According to the info I saw, these are offshoots of the DW travelers kits from ten years ago. I have no idea, because I never saw one of them. Don't know if these are on the PDP site yet or not.

GeeDeeEmm
    Finally, they have come up with a decent looking lug.

User Info Menu

Sweet looking set - I like the boom arm clamp on the tom arm and the hidden boom style stands. I have the Sonor Jungle - to mount a boom arm to the kick I have to use a bulky (and ugly) tom arm clamp. The mini boom stands that came with it are the old fashioned style - they are very well manufactured and work well, but the top adjuster is huge and pretty ugly compared to the modern stuff.

User Info Menu

I bet I could fit that kit in two bags. That'd be sweet. Plus on those gigs I need one cymbal and a hi-hat, that'd reduce stands like crazy. I dig that kit! Wonder how the snare sounds?

User Info Menu

Ok got my new bar setup and did some moving around.. still not finished but getting there..

snare basket

added the new adjustable multi clamp so my bars are one level! love it

Also change out my tom arms to the DW/PDP L-arms. So much cleaner and simpler!

User Info Menu

Marvelous. How does it feel in that configuration, Spaz? I remarked earlier that I liked that arrangement because of the slight "give" that I experienced with it. Sure made things easier on my wrists and hands.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Marvelous. How does it feel in that configuration, Spaz? I remarked earlier that I liked that arrangement because of the slight "give" that I experienced with it. Sure made things easier on my wrists and hands.

GeeDeeEmm
    Funny cause it's true it does have a nicer relaxed feel like a tom. It's extremely rigid and sturdy but yet on power hits has small enough flex you can feel the difference in your hands and sticks. I love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Finally, they have come up with a decent looking lug.
    I just sent PDP an email expressing our likes of the new lug design and suggesting that they expand use across the Concept line. If you are a PDP fan and feel the same way, drop them a note and let them know. A change to this lug design would be a huge plus in the looks department - finally!

I also suggested that they make a Concept kit available in the 8X10, 9X12, 14X14F, 16X16F and 18X22BD without a snare. I'd love to see a kit available in this configuration. Also suggested that they begin to again offer the maple kits in wraps such as white marine pearl, green sparkle, red sparkle, blue marine pearl and other more traditional finishes. I really like the rugged durability of a wrapped kit.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

I did some fine tuning on my kit today. Lowered the hi hat a couple inches so I could get the high toms in a bit closer. Also put the Gong back up. Really like this set up.

User Info Menu

I did some fine tuning on my kit today. Lowered the hi hat a couple inches so I could get the high toms in a bit closer. Also put the Gong back up. Really like this set up.
    Wow...I thought you sold the entire kit or at least some of the major pieces. NICE!!!!

User Info Menu

Npyyz, how do you hit those chinas? They look sky high in these shots.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Wow...I thought you sold the entire kit or at least some of the major pieces. NICE!!!!
    I sold one of the two X7 kits that I had. I was using the bass drum , snare, and the floor toms from the kit I sold so I really didn't lose much.

The China's look higher then they are. Very easy to hit.

User Info Menu

long stretch armstrong arms

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=NPYYZ;650658]I did some fine tuning on my kit today. Lowered the hi hat a couple inches so I could get the high toms in a bit closer. Also put the Gong back up. Really like this set up.

Are you using two twelve inch upper toms? Looks like they are arranged (from left to right when in the driver's seat) 8, 10, 12, 12, 14, 16. Is that correct?

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=gdmoore28;650688]

Are you using two twelve inch upper toms? Looks like they are arranged (from left to right when in the driver's seat) 8, 10, 12, 12, 14, 16. Is that correct?

GeeDeeEmm
    Not quite, I'm using 8,8,10,12,14,16

User Info Menu

Well yesterday I had the day off from work. I decided to start working on creating some drum parts for some original songs.What I discovered was, this set up is fine when I'm just playing by myself, but when it comes to being creative I've found the toms above the hi hat are just to far away for my liking. Going to have to come up with a different set up again.