Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1111

Thread: PDP Drums Discussion

User Info Menu

Default Re: PDP Drums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    Your beautiful little daughter reminds me of my granddaughter - perfect sweetness with much cleverness behind those eyes! She's the first girl we've ever had in our immediate family - it's always been boys running our place - and learning to raise a girl has been quite an education. And she's the only one in the family who shows any interest in my love of drums and music. Maybe your daughter and my granddaughter will be the next drumgirl phenoms!

I've already commented on how much I like your PDPs in your other threads. Good job.

GeeDeeEmm
    Yeah, my daughter loves the drums and said she is ready to start taking lessons (she won't listen to dad when trying to teach her but, I'm probably trying to get her to do too much). Of course, she also likes playing the guitar and keyboard we have at home. And shes already singing through the mic while she's playing the drums. Definitely an opportunity for both our girls to be the next huge band that changes music when they get a bit older!

User Info Menu

Anyone with a concept maple kit, what heads are you running on the toms? I have the stock reso heads and I'm running black emperors for the batters but I'm not 100% thrilled with the sound. Thinking I might switch the reso heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    love it
    Thanks Spaz

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Those look awesome.
    Thanks td. Gonna leave work early so I can get back to them!

User Info Menu

Veeerrrrry nice. Congrats.

Your daughter looks very animated....too cool!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Anyone with a concept maple kit, what heads are you running on the toms? I have the stock reso heads and I'm running black emperors for the batters but I'm not 100% thrilled with the sound. Thinking I might switch the reso heads
    I run Evans clear G2 batters over clear G1 resos. I tried using the stock reso heads, but switching to G1 resos definitely made a difference. Thinking of switching to G1 batters now.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I run Evans clear G2 batters over clear G1 resos. I tried using the stock reso heads, but switching to G1 resos definitely made a difference. Thinking of switching to G1 batters now.
    I'm thinking I'll switch to better resos. Was going to run hydraulic batters but I think with the emperrors on there the problem lies more with the reso heads. The attack and fundamental tone are perfect but there's some unpleasant overtones I'm trying to chase down. Tried a moon gel on the toms and different tunings and the overtones are still there so I'm pretty sure it's the resonant heads. I understand that musically there should be some overtone but there's just something about the sound I get that is unpleasant to my ear
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

That's the same thing I thought about the factory reso heads. I would try the old standard clear Ambassador or clear G1 (if you want Evans). If you like the darker sound of hydraulics, you may try the Evans EC Reso heads. They cut out almost all the high overtones and give it a nice mid-range boost. They sound good up close, but I found they sound just a little too "dead" for my taste from out front in the audience. If you mic your drums or just play by yourself, they would be good.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I didn't like the Hydraulics on the PDP kit at all. I was extremely dissapointed. I just swapped to G2's the other night and so far I'm super impressed. But my favorite has been the black chrome. But I'm trying to play less.... "violent"? haha

User Info Menu

Changed the set up again.

User Info Menu

i can't wait to rearrange my Orange kit. Soon... very soon!

User Info Menu

It's 111 degrees here in Tucson today, so I'm taking my PDP CX to my outdoor gig. The DW is staying indoors! I figure the PDP looks great, sounds great and I have a low emotional attachment, so it's going to suffer the abuse. It's a good feeling, knowing it will perform well. These are great, road worthy kits.

Collectors Black Ice Finishply
    10x8,12x9,15x12,16x14,20x18,24x16
    14X6 Collectors 10 and 6 snare Natural Satin
    14x8 Collectors Black Nickel over Brass

User Info Menu

There's a 6pc PDP kit for sale locally for $399. The badges say "made in Mexico", so I assume it's the DW shells? 8,10,12,14,22, 14x5.5 with WMP wrap. It's in average condition. The bass hoops are pretty chewed up and the wrap is peeling in a few places. That could all be fixed easily. I always wanted a WMP kit with a 14" FT. I'm sooooo tempted, but I just bought my brand new Concept Maples. I wonder if there would be a noticeable difference between the new Concept Maple and the older "Mexico" Pacific shells?? I think 5 functioning kits and 2 project kits is enough. Hmm....maybe a trade?
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Changed the set up again.

Never get tired of seeing your kit, beautiful NPYYZ

User Info Menu

I think you need a bigger boom box. But that may be just me.

Gotta love the options with that beast of a kit. I know re-configuring is a labor of love and then the gaze of satisfaction with the finished product.

Happy playing with and on the kit.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I played a show last night and I couldn't believe how many compliments my PDP kit got last night. Was mind blowing and felt amazing inside.

User Info Menu

Spaz, I know what you mean. I actually got more complements on my PDP Platinum Series kit when I was playing it, than I do now with my DW Performance series. ?? It was a lacquer finish instead of a wrap? Dunno? I enjoy playing them both though. - CCD
    Cut it large and kick it into place!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    never get tired of seeing your kit, beautiful npyyz
    +100

User Info Menu

I don't know why, but I'm thinking about adding a 24" kick drum and an 18" floor tom to the kit. Hopefully by the end of summer. Stay tuned.

User Info Menu

I re-joined the PDP clan with a Platinum kit in black oyster glass with a 10x8, 12x9, 16x14 and 22x18 virgin bass drum. These North American rock maple shells sound amazing. I had a PDP CX kit a while ago that sounded great and a PDP FX that was great too but I sold them to fund other kits and i always remember how great they sounded. Got a great deal on these and had to get them.
    -Tama Granstar II (12x11, 16x16, 22x16)
    -Yamaha 7000 Series (12x8, 13x9, 16x16 22x18)
    -Crush Sublime E3 (12x8, 16x14, 24x17)
    -Pearl Mixed Series kit (8x7, 10x8, 15x13, 20x14)
    -Brady Jarrah Ply 8x14
    -HHG Purpleheart/Cherry Stave 7x14
    -HHG Red Birch Stave 7x14
    -Pearl Masters MCX 5.5x14
    -Pearl Steel (Pre-Sensitone) 6.5x14
    -Pearl Vintage Professional Series 6.5x14
    -Tama Imperialstar Seamless Steel 6.5x14
    -Tama Soundworks Maple 6.5x14
    -Premier (African Mahogany with Beech Re-rings) 8x14
    -Remo Bravo II 5.5x14
    -OCDP Maple 6x14
    -Crush Aluminum 5.5x14
    -Crush 10 ply Maple 6x14
    -Trixon Birch 5.5x14
    -Wuhan Traditional Cymbals
    -Paiste 2002, 602,

User Info Menu

^thats awesome to hear!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysticks View Post
    I re-joined the PDP clan with a Platinum kit in black oyster glass with a 10x8, 12x9, 16x14 and 22x18 virgin bass drum. These North American rock maple shells sound amazing. I had a PDP CX kit a while ago that sounded great and a PDP FX that was great too but I sold them to fund other kits and i always remember how great they sounded. Got a great deal on these and had to get them.
    Great find, excellent kit

User Info Menu

Man, I really like this kit! I've heard the sound files on Youtube and it's got a phatt sound!!

User Info Menu

yeah I wanted one sooooo bad when they came out.
    I still do just because it's a killer set.

Keep telling my boss to get one in.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    yeah I wanted one sooooo bad when they came out.
    I still do just because it's a killer set.

Keep telling my boss to get one in.
    Oh man...if your boss get's one for your store, I'll be so jealous!