Got mine and frankly blown away. The snare drum tuned in minutes....definitely likes a high tuning on batter and reso but very easy to balance. Not so fat but huge crack. Kick tom equally great projection and tone from such a small diameter. Had a little more fussing around with 10" tom and 13" floor tom but have them both tuned very low and powerful now. Big sounds out of such small heads / bass. The most difficulty I had was getting the tom / floor tom batters balanced with the reso's but I found in the end after finger tightening, start with a 1/4 turn on the heads....and adjust the note you like from there. Reso heads start with about an 1/8 of a turn MORE than the batters. That was for a very lower note than you would expect from a 10" tom or 13" FT if that's your thing. You should be pretty close to a great balance of power and resonance without any extra boom or overtones. All of the reviews say the factory heads are rubbish, and I was going out today to buy some Evans batter heads but at this point I don't think I will bother. I used the Drumtune pro app on my Android phone to get close to the right frequency's.... which for me were 13" tom and 16" FT. I didn't think I'd achieve it with smaller toms. At first I was getting readings all over the place none of it made sense. And then I realized when I was holding the phone over my drum I was wresting my arm on the rim which was increasing pitch by double. Now I know how to use it excellent little tool. Not a magic solution but will get you in the ball park

Apart from that the finish, build and hardware of the kit is superb. I really like it in everyway :-)