Thread: New Practice Pad

User Info Menu

Default New Practice Pad

I'm interested in buying a new practice pad, I have a Remo now. I want an HQ real feel. Are they really good as most people say?

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Practice Pad

Yes, they have a great feel to them. Go to a drum shop or music store and try one out. There have since been a lot of copy cat designs so you may not need the Real Feel. You can check out some of the other rubber surface practice pads that may feel just as good. I'm partial to the ones that have the beads on the bottom and sound like a snare.

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Practice Pad

I have a real feel pad and I must say, it is great. The only thing I wish I would have bought would have been the 12" pad instead of the 6" pad. I usually place it on top of my snare drum when I practice and it tends to bounce around all over the drum if I get too carried away with rolls and heavy hits. The 12" would stay put. As far as the feel, I tried out about 10 different pads at the store and that is the one that felt the best. Vic Firth also has a couple nice ones with beads in the bottom, so it sounds like a snare drum. I also plan to pick one of those up. I give the HQ 2 thumbs up. you'll be happy with it.