Thread: Where can I practice?

User Info Menu

Default Where can I practice?

Where are some good places to practice with your band?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Where can I practice?

I know quite a few people that rent storage units, that are commonly used for furniture and pad up the walls and practice in there. I suppose you would have to check with the owner of the places to see if practicing music bothers them, but more than likely it won't and you will have a nice size place for cheap if it's split up between your band members. Just be sure to find one with electricity.

User Info Menu

garage , basement, attic ?
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

I think most bands practice at the house of one of the band members, and that's the easiest and cheapest solution.

Most large cities do have band practice space (like a dedicated building for bands, or a studio that rents rooms), and you have to ask around or ask at your local music shop to locate them. But depending upon where you live they're not cheap, so you need to make sure all the members of the band are okay on the price. You need to make sure they're all dedicated enough to pay every month too, otherwise someone gets stuck making up the difference.

The best way is word of mouth....knowing someone who has some space in an industrial building that wouldn't mind letting you use some of their space on off hours (like after they're closed).

Good luck!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

To add to Norske, find a rehearsal hall that is SECURE! Go to it at night and see what lurks there. If it smells like crack cocaine, stay away!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassist learning drums View Post
    To add to Norske, find a rehearsal hall that is SECURE! Go to it at night and see what lurks there. If it smells like crack cocaine, stay away!
    True that!