Thread: Boom stands

User Info Menu

Default Boom stands

wat do they do other then make the cymbal closer? anything else? a lot of drumers seem to have them

User Info Menu

i use them just so i can place the cymbal exactly where i want it...other than that i dunno

User Info Menu

That's basically it Alien other than being able to have more options with angles. They're not a necessity but they help in certain situations. If you don't need the angles or the closeness, stick with straight stands, they're less bulky.

User Info Menu

i have all booms. it's the only way to go man.
    max

User Info Menu

I LOVE boom stands!!! TAMA used to make the STILT line. I wish they still did. I'm looking for another Tama Stilt telescoping boom. I love the look of double-braced legs on stands. I don't care about weight or bulkyness.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

I play a Pearl set, which has two holes mounted in the top of the bass drum. My mounted tom is mounted out of one, a small boom stand (no legs) is mounted out of the other, holding my ride cymbal. I could not mount that big cymbal there without a boom (It would hit the tom)...I love it !
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

i have a boom stand for my ride and it helps out a lot cause you can get more angles than a regular stand
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

BOOM ! SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE, THE ROOM !!!
    -Fresh Prince
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

LOL....i love that show...i don't care how old i get im always gonna watch that show and think of my childhood

User Info Menu

I would most definatley get some. With only an 18 inch, and two 20 inch cymbals i'm practiacly out of room.

User Info Menu

I have only one straight stand and am going to replace it with a boom. They realy help.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

ALL of my cymbal stands are boom stands. If you look at the pics of my kit, you'll see that it's the only way I could get my cymbals and chimes over all of my toms.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

Default Boom stands

I love Boom stands I use 4 of them *Mapex & Tama ,so I place the cymbals at Just the right Angels (SPOT),They really Help the set Up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by METAL DRUMMER View Post
    ALL of my cymbal stands are boom stands. If you look at the pics of my kit, you'll see that it's the only way I could get my cymbals and chimes over all of my toms.
    All of mine are boom stands that will retract and drop the boom down the main tube so they can be used like conventional cymbal stands. It allows me the felxabiliy to place my cymbals anywhere on the kit I choose.