Thread: The Who - Who Are You isolated drum track

User Info Menu

Default The Who - Who Are You isolated drum track

This is apparently from the "Rock Band" video game.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=moNGqf...eature=related
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Who - Who Are You isolated drum track

that's a kinda cool thing if you were struggling to hear what was going on with the rest of the music - but i gotta say - is anyone else a massive Keith Moon fan?

Like I'm not knocking the guy, but he kinds feels like the Travis Barker of the 70's - just a fairly basic drummer who managed to get himself into a MASSIVE band. That's just my opinion, and I'm the first to admit I don't listen to much of their stuff, i'm just going off what I have heard. The difference here is I DO listen to allot of Blink 182 stuff, so on his style I know where I'm comming from, but for Moon obviously I just base it off their bigger hits like who are you and won't get fooled again, and then there is that solo with the goldfish kit that's all over youtube. Not being a The Who fan, I may not have heard is more advanced stuff.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    that's a kinda cool thing if you were struggling to hear what was going on with the rest of the music - but i gotta say - is anyone else a massive Keith Moon fan?

Like I'm not knocking the guy, but he kinds feels like the Travis Barker of the 70's - just a fairly basic drummer who managed to get himself into a MASSIVE band. That's just my opinion, and I'm the first to admit I don't listen to much of their stuff, i'm just going off what I have heard. The difference here is I DO listen to allot of Blink 182 stuff, so on his style I know where I'm comming from, but for Moon obviously I just base it off their bigger hits like who are you and won't get fooled again, and then there is that solo with the goldfish kit that's all over youtube. Not being a The Who fan, I may not have heard is more advanced stuff.
    Moon was just friggin' insane.. as a drummer and person. I love his drumming although his fills are the same most of the time.

User Info Menu

Moon rarley used his hats, played his toms a great deal, he had no true pattern of play, this is why it can be a challange to copy him beat for beat. Litsten to the Live at Leads album, two tracks in paticular are: My generation nearly 15 min long and Summer Time Blues. Moon did not just happen to get into a really good band, heck Moon was part of a group that became Ledzepplin (if you recall part of the Who and zep members where in a band together). The Music Trivia Thread has more details on this. Any Hoo, Moon was a strange one. Kenny Jones replaced Moon and simply was not the same behind the kit as Moon.